Malazan Empire: Which Series character would Fit best in MBoTF? - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which Series character would Fit best in MBoTF?

#21 User is offline   Deragoth 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:45 PM

Meh, I'm not a big fan of the Prince of Nothing series... I have read all three books and although it started out with a lot of potential, I did not like the way it switched protaganists in the third one. The only part of that series which would fit in here is the descriptions of Golgotteroth (sp?) which in my opinion is the best enviornmental description of an "evil" place I have ever read.

#22 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:18 PM

I think Achamian would be great as a High Mage, all dysfunctional but freakishly powerful.

Jon Snow would make a could Avowed.

Oh and seeing Mat from WoT turned into an assassin MBotF style would be pretty clutch.

#23 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:33 AM

Aptorian;315672 said:

The Bloody nine is just a skizophrenic barbarian from what I gathered of the first book. He'd be turned into barbarian puré in a fight against Icarium.

I would rather see Logen fight a mortal opponent, like Kalam or Tarr or Trotts.

alas i cannot give you any rep jizz for that, though I want too...

Logan wouldnt stand a chance in hell against most of the fighters in MboTF.

Though He would probably work out great as a sergeant or CPT somewhere in the malazan ranks or Crimson Guard ranks.

edit: oh also for the abyssy Wolverine would fit in nicely in the story.... mainly because he would win ;)
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#24 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

the Aiel people from WoT seem like they would fit nicely in the 7 Cities deserts. they seemed to be a little bit too numerous in WoT, especially for a desert living people whos only water sources com from puddles. As long as their population is cut in MBotF they would be perfect for an opposition of the graal. (not sure if graal was the correct name for the tribe)

#25 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:13 PM

I would love to see Uther Doul (from Mieville's The Scar) in the malazan world, but I see I've already been beaten to that idea. Otherwise, I know it's sci-fi, but Sabel Keech, from Neal Asher's The Skinner would be a perfectly awesome wandering-zombie-hitman-traveller type :o
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#26 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:12 PM

While it would be fun to see Elminster, Khelbun, the Seven Sisters and the like. I never really liked them as character but as plot movers (probably because I always NPC'd them.)

I want to vote for Erevis Cale. Realm of Shadow needs a voice and he could supply one much as Mockra spoke in recent books. Maybe he is the original ruler of Shadow? Son of edgewalker who is the original ruler of shadow (pet theory)? "Good" assassins fit very well into MBoTF. Lets put him as a child of Father Light and Mother Dark heretofore forgotten and imprisoned in the depths of the Warren of Shadow.
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#27 User is offline   Crimson Dragoon 

• Recruit

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:33 AM

Cnaiur and Kellhus I can agree with. Guts from the manga Berserk could make a living there too. He'd fit in nicely.

#28 User is offline   VampireGoat 

• Lieutenant

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:09 AM

I know its sci-fi but the style of combat would generally fit

so given the choice I'd like a bit of Gurney Halleck from Dune

#29 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Not much

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:39 AM

Gurney Halleck??!!? At least take Duncan!
BTW I'd like to see Cohen against Karsa thought I think Karsa would win
Kronos from "Percy Jackso and the Olympians" would make a good rival for the CG. They look exactly the same!!!
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#30 User is offline   VampireGoat 

• Lieutenant

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

ppffffttt, duncan may have died and been reborn (well cloned..) enough time to make most ascendants run in terror but he was still not a patch on Gurney. Always fear any grizzled knife fighting hardarse who busts out a 9 string banjo when he's done.

And Cohen is the man! he'd knock Karsa into the ground with his walking stick alone! Sure he may be a wrinkly old man but he'd still do over karsa and then walk off with a fine young lass a 5th of his age!

#31 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Not much

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:16 PM

You know now that you remind me Gurney looks a bit like Fiddler. Without the cussers of course!
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#32 User is offline   Andy_is 

• Recruit

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:10 PM

i wouldnt mind seeing erik and roo as mercs/gaurds knocking around genabackis ;)

#33 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:22 PM

Ahh good old Roo the Walmart of Fantasy merchants. We should definately stick him in pre-Tehol as Emperor Letheras. The behind the scenes head of the Liberty Consign.

I rejected placing Silk earlier but I would love to use his partner Yarblek. He seemed a bit greedier and a bit less savory. There definately has to be more merchant houses and commerce going on, even if it is going to be behind the scenes or "off camera."

Anymore merchants/Traders?

hmmmm
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users