• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What will you do on THE DAY

#21 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

flea;307366 said:

Jeez, I'll be sitting on my ass, right where I am at the moment, waiting for people's reactions since I'm in the f***ing States and I will have to wait a week for the book to arrive.

-flea, flea-bitten with envy, scratching his ass

I'm in the states too... I should have it on the second or the third. Just have to shell out for the expensive express delivery.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#22 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:55 PM

cerveza_fiesta;307356 said:

GOod god. 100 pages per hour?? I GUESS I'm a slow reader then.

I'd be lucky to pack in 50 pages in the same time. My buddy's like that though, he hammers through 1.5k page books over the course of a week just reading casually.

Totally wish I could do that.

Reading reasonably quickly is one of my few talents.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#23 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

100 pages an hour, I can speedread alarmingly quick but I'll settle for a nice scan skim at about 60 like Brood. Hardback will be even slower than that, it's an even slower read as my brain can only focus on so much paper at once.

I will start work on the 1st July, ARGH! Which means it will take me the best part of five days to finish unless I win Pat's contest. *grins fiendishly*

#24 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:49 PM

Illuyankas;307316 said:

Open. Read. Finish and close it ten hours later. Post a bit on the forum, [linet]to let Abyss know what he's missing[/linet] about my first impressions etc....

Die.

But this is probably accurate.

By the time my copy is in my hands, i will have burned, pillaged and looted three local post offices, two courier companies and a retirement residence where it was erroneously delivered, chartered a private jet and flown to Mexico City where it was subsequently rerouted and engaged in a running gun battle thru said city with my copy in one hand and an old style M-60 in the other, fighting off drug lords who are positive the massive package with curious international stamping and bite marks is their product and not my copy of TOLL THE HOUNDS. Assuming no knife strikes or bullet holes (to the book), and notwithstanding some scorching, blood stains and Adolph Hitler's autograph on the dust-cover, i should be reading it by mid July.

My first read-thru usually takes just under a week. Then i reread all the especially amazing bits, then i'll complete my series re-read (currently stoped mid-MoI) and re-read TtH, ideally just in time for RotCG to arrive in the wrong city, necessitating a Road Warrior like truck journey of several hundred kilometers (more if Canada Post blows the bridges) whereupon it will turn out my copy of RotCG was actually sent to another A. Byss in the US. Upon locating said evil clone and spork-fighting him to the death on top of a breaching sperm whale, i will have to swim up the pacific coast holding the book above my head, steal a Harley in Vancouver and then a helicopter at a secret military base in Alberta (Rodeo: i'll call you if i have time), i will finally arrive home and read that book.

- Abyss, will rep first person who gets the Hitler ref.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#25 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

Indianabyss and the TTH Crusade?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#26 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:01 PM

Indiana Jones and the last crusade ;)

EDIT: DAMN YOU CHICKEN!!

EDIT2: Illy I think you just came up with an awesome idea for the crippled cats next instalment of abysmal sigs...

#27 User is offline   Tiger_sword 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:03 PM

Indiana Jones!!! Love it! Hopefully there will be an important map in this book too!!!

I shall read through it fairly quickly, usually takes 2 to 3 days. Then I will check out the forums see what people have to say, then I'll read it again. Usually I will do a series reread a couple of weeks later, a bit slower

#28 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:07 PM

FUND IT

#29 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:12 PM

Abyss;307476 said:

... blood stains and Adolph Hitler's autograph on the dust-cover, i should be reading it by mid July.

Did you just goodwin's law my post?!?!?! FUCK. Thread over I guess.

PS. I Rule 34 you and your copy of TTH.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#30 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

Well I've already started getting into the pants of this girl who works at Chapters. With luck I'll have her totally swooned by a couple days before the release date. Even if I can't get into the back of the store a few days early, I'll still use her to sit on my ass and read the whole thing in the store before I even buy it. Then I'll whip out my laptop, walk 20 feet to the starbucks and join in on the 40 spoiler-full threads that'll already be abounding the forum. I would try to do it faster then anyone else, but all the europeans have a 6 hour head start from the damn time-zone effect anyways...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#31 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:49 PM

A'karonys I just saw your signature. It's hilarius :)

I wish I was allowed to hand out some more rep today.

EDIT: minutes later I'm still chuckling at that ;)

#32 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:56 PM

Aptorian;307676 said:

A'karonys I just saw your signature. It's hilarius
I wish I was allowed to hand out some more rep today.
EDIT: minutes later I'm still chuckling at that

Agreed. I got you covered. Rep delivered.

Illuyankas;307488 said:

Indianabyss and the TTH Crusade?

Aptorian;307493 said:

Indiana Jones and the last crusade ;)

EDIT: DAMN YOU CHICKEN!!

EDIT2: Illy I think you just came up with an awesome idea for the crippled cats next instalment of abysmal sigs...

Y'know... i think he might just have done exactly that...

- Abyss, cues up the Indiana Jones soundtrack, only with Carlos Santana on lead guitar...

#33 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:58 PM

well, i'll buy two copies:

one for reading

the other so i can tear out the individual pages and fill up my bathtub so i can swim in it like scrooge mcduck.
meh. Link was dead :(

#34 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:58 PM

Abyss you might as well buy from amazon.co.uk
Canadian release is set for September 23rd while its July 1st in UK, unless that changes to August soon.
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#35 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

I will, on the day it is set to arrive from the UK, run out and buy tons of fast food. I will also request a few days off work, take a bunch of ADD medicine so I can absorb every word....and then I will double my post count ;)

#36 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:17 PM

I ordered from the UK but didn't pay for super express shipping. I got the medium 1 week one.

I guess I'm a loser.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#37 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:26 PM

Jen said:

Abyss you might as well buy from amazon.co.uk
Canadian release is set for September 23rd while its July 1st in UK, unless that changes to August soon.

i DID.

That's why it's a retirement home and Mexico city as opposed to a Tim Hortons and Regina.

- Abyss, doesn't even know what that means...

#38 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:23 PM

404 Error: Chicken Not Found

The Illy you requested was not found.

#39 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

Well whenever I actually get it (it's tough to acquire SE books in my area) I'll probably fight the urge to do nothing but read and just read it at work on my down time. That should kill most of a week.

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#40 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:19 PM

cerveza_fiesta;307697 said:

I ordered from the UK but didn't pay for super express shipping. I got the medium 1 week one.

I guess I'm a loser.

Well, if it goes the same way as RG, you will probably get it before I do, since UPS cannot find my clearly marked (I EVEN TOOK OUT THE BUSHES UNDER MY HOUSE NUMBERING, JUST IN CASE) domicile.

I will probably have another mini-a-byssal adventure to get my copy.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users