Malazan Empire: Assail, Tyrants, 50K Destroyed Imass - Malazan Empire

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Assail, Tyrants, 50K Destroyed Imass

#41 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:29 PM

Here's the link if anyone wants to read it....

http://aidanmoher.com/blog/?p=65

Pretty interesting stuff, IMO.

#42 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

Rep-tastic.

I'm pleased to see Baruk's making an appearance again, this Torrud Cabal/Seguleh thing's got me curious. Plus, it indicates Kruppe's in Darujhistan, where Pust will also be. Now, if only Emperor Tehol can be persuaded to pay a visit, we could have a dialogue of epic, monstrously confusing yet amusing scale.:D

#43 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:40 PM

True.

The part about Kallor definitely gives you an idea that he's plotting...and grumbling....he loves talking, even when it's inside himself...to himself....:D

#44 User is offline   chthonian 

• Corporal

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:43 PM

damnit... i want to read that link Xander, but i kinda don't. looking forward to surprises gallore in TtH, and up until the book is released in print, everything i put down in here is all speculation running through my head. good find though, hehe =P

also, i see the hints to the machina you guys are referencing in the imperial warren, and seeing as we've only encountered 1 person and 1 people with access to machina, its doubtful that icarium went through and built heaps of stuff out there. also, with the KCCM travelling through the imperial warren in tBH, its just one more hint that points to them. idk though, personally, as i said before, everything thats written here is just mainly speculation, and until SE or ICE writes it down, who knows whats coming.

#45 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

man i love that article xander. the look on steves face in the photos is so "pathetic fan-boy, your pitiful powers of prediction pale next to my preternatural powers of prose production"
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#46 User is offline   Ammanas 

• UberSchemer

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:23 PM

Xander;286841 said:

Here's the link if anyone wants to read it....

http://aidanmoher.com/blog/?p=65

Pretty interesting stuff, IMO.

I won't post the details here but sweet mama, bust out the mules. I can't wait to see the showdown mentioned in the interview.

#47 User is offline   I HATE PORMQUAL 

• Lieutenant

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

Aptorian;286674 said:

I don't remember any mention of Kallor making human sacrifices. Rather K'rull and the two other came to remove him because Kallor has enslaved 12 million people. His cruelty is so great that the Elder Gods, who's cruelty is legendary, are upset. The sacrifices mentioned are the 12 million souls destroyed to spite the gods.

It's is a videly accepted theory on the forum that Kallor used KCCM technology.

The people we've seen travel the Imperial Warren - which is the destroyed Jacuruku K'rull removed if you missed that - have stumbled upon machines in the ashes more than once. We've also heard that the Imperial Warren/Jacuruku used to be a playground for the KCCM. It is believed that the scholars Kallor had investigate the KCCM ruins, may have stumbled upon a cache of nuclear bombs or antimatter-chocolate-chip-dough that he used to destroy his people. Why no-one stopped him is anyones guess.

It is also said that Kallor hates magic, which sort of a iffy argument, since Kallor is willing to use magic in MoI if it suits his goals.

My question is WTF the KCCM use that giant peninsula stretching coast to coast and its all barren. All life stripped from it and it's just flagstones. An entire peninsula of paved flagstones.... Ahh! found it. The places name is Stratem. And its the opening "paragraph thing" at the beginning of Ch9 in MOI. Wasn't this whole area destroyed by the CG too?

#48 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:03 PM

Seeing as the Crimson guard and Malazans are or have been present on Korelri lately, then I'd say there's a good chance that the subcontinent of stratem also survived the fall.

#49 User is offline   Seed 

• Sergeant

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:28 PM

... :D

Kallors son?!...now why did that concept never come to mind. I'd never really considered Kallor having any children. You know, it's quite possible he may have tried something like that back in the early days after his cursing as a manner of consolidating territories again and working his way back up to high king of somewhere new. Nice one +rep Flawed from back on the first page.

Hmm I believe that the Stratem Sub-peninsular was used by the K'Chain matrons for their ritualised battles for status amongst the various Matron's and their broods and whatnot.

#50 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=Seed;303510Hmm I believe that the Stratem Sub-peninsular was used by the K'Chain matrons for their ritualised battles for status amongst the various Matron's and their broods and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get *that* idea...?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#51 User is offline   Seed 

• Sergeant

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:01 AM

Um...good question. I'm at work at the moment so I don't have access to my precious books! I'm sure it was mentioned or inferred somewhere, I'll have a think and see if I can remember what made me come up with it and try and find a quote for everyone.

#52 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:40 AM

It was definatly mentioned in the books, Seed. It mentioned that the rebirth of the nahruk put an end to the old ritualized battles, too, and thats why the places are abandoned.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#53 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:14 PM

It sounds like whoever the Tyrant is, he/she/it has found some sort of KCCM technology to decimate large amounts of people.

The reason I don't think it's magic is that powerful mages and Ascendants worldwide would've felt the echoes of such enormous power...wouldn't they?

#54 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:48 PM

hmmm
Depends on waht kind of power it was, I guess
If it's not any of the "traditional" warren magicks, it wouldn't resonate wordlwide in ways that others would be able to pick up...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#55 User is offline   Tarr 

• FING (cross between FIst and kiNG)

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:22 AM

Xander;305121 said:

It sounds like whoever the Tyrant is, he/she/it has found some sort of KCCM technology to decimate large amounts of people.

The reason I don't think it's magic is that powerful mages and Ascendants worldwide would've felt the echoes of such enormous power...wouldn't they?

Who says they haven't? after all everybody is afraid of whats going on in assail and nobody is planning on making a visit to assail so I think they know they don't wanna go there.
Everyday I ask myself, where has the peanut butter gone?

#56 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:37 AM

I can't wait to find out who/what is behind this annihilation of the T'lan Imass. That entire continent just sounds fascinating, and all we've gotten so far are tiny little tid bits.

I really want to know about Jacuruku as well. Who or what were those giant armored guys fighting Iron Bars and co.?

#57 User is offline   Hellian's Keg Lid 

• Shiksa Goddess

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:34 PM

Bet they yell "witness" >.>
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

#58 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:41 PM

Xander;306536 said:

I really want to know about Jacuruku as well. Who or what were those giant armored guys fighting Iron Bars and co.?

I remember that scene where Shurq sets them off and the defenders/attackers come charging at the CriGs. It could either be read like the attackers were giants or that the attackers were wearing a lot of bulky armor and that they were normal humanoids.

#59 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

Aptorian;306815 said:

I remember that scene where Shurq sets them off and the defenders/attackers come charging at the CriGs. It could either be read like The attacker were giants or that the attackers were wearing a lot of bulky armor that and they were normal humanoids.

Right. My first instinct was Toblakai or some genetic offspring of that race....it reminded me a lot of that Dead Toblakai warrior that tried to grab Kalam in HoC in the fortress, the one that was possessed by a demon. He was in ancient, ornate armor as well I believe...hmmm

#60 User is offline   Pig Iron 

• First Sword

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:00 PM

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Ghost Hedge to Emroth in RG:

"You cannot see the truth within me, for the vision you'd need to see it is not within you. You threw it away, at the Ritual. You wilfully blinded yourselves to the one thing that can destroy you. That is, perhaps, destroying your kind even now - some trouble on the continent of Assail, yes? I have vague recollections of somebody hearing something ... well, never mind that. The point here, Emroth, is this: you cannot understand me because you cannot see me."

Hedge seems to be making a connection between what the T'lan Imass lost in the Ritual and the fact that they're being wiped out on Assail. He's being awfully philosophical though, so maybe it's not to be taken literally.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users