• You cannot reply to this topic

Assail, Tyrants, 50K Destroyed Imass

#21 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

heh.. Olar Ethil waw busy, what with the emergence of the Path of the Hands and all..

Pran Chole was the one involved in the "birth", as a "father". and his totem got passed on to Silverfox
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#22 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Group: Team Handsome
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:40 PM

I still think its close line time
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#23 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

We haven't actually seen her soletaken form, tho based on the bonecaster tradition of so naming themselves, a silver fox seems likely. Of course, with an Elder god and a T3 High Mage in the soul mix, there would be a surprise or two there.

Back on topic, aside from Assail, we've seen ref to Jaghut Tyrants and the Tyrant-Kings of Darujhistan. Sure, it's open to conclude that any one Tyrant mightbe connected to any other, but it's far from foregone.

All we know about Assasil is that there are Tyrants there, they have serious magic at their disposal, and that even uber-warriors like the Imass and Avowed get chewed up and spit out there.

Plus, of course, the big question of whether the name relates to the Forkrul Assail in any direct way.

Another possibility is not so much that the Assail Tyrants are powerful so much as they have millions and millions of cannon-fodder soldiers to throw at whomever comes along. It's been stated that sufficient mass damage can take out an Imass, and the Avowed, while impressive, are not indestructible or immortal.

Oh, as an aside, the Imass CAN travel on water, they just can't reform until they are on land - see DG. The oblivion thing only happens when an Imass body is so damaged that they can no longer go dusty.

- Abyss, tyrannical tyrant ot tyrrany...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#24 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

Aren't we also told at the VErRY end of book 3 in MoI (like, last sentence), the the Assail Tyranta are human?

#25 User is offline   Kimloc 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

kud13;286290 said:

Aren't we also told at the VErRY end of book 3 in MoI (like, last sentence), the the Assail Tyranta are human?

Yes, Lanas Tog tells Envy the tyrants are human.

#26 User is offline   Kimloc 

• Sergeant

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:21 PM

Abyss;286286 said:

All we know about Assasil is that there are Tyrants there, they have serious magic at their disposal, and that even uber-warriors like the Imass and Avowed get chewed up and spit out there.

- Abyss, tyrannical tyrant ot tyrrany...

Well, that's a helluva lot more than we know about a lot of things in MBoTF.

#27 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

Kimloc;286331 said:

Yes, Lanas Tog tells Envy the tyrants are human.

Yes, but that by itself doesn't mean anything except that they weren't Jaghut.

The Pannion Seer was human as far as anyone knew. Mok is human. Apsalar is human.

- Abyss, is human. ish.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

The Assail campaign books have MoI-topping potential.

But we'll all have to wait and see. I think all the extant evidence has been presented.

(But I bet the dudes on Assail have developed the internal combustion engine, tanks, and guns. Magical guns.) :p
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#29 User is offline   Urb 

• Emperor
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:05 PM

Yeah, I was also thinking the tyrants had updated to mechanised warfare (probably the way Kallor did). Would explain how they can be so powerful. Just a crazy theory though :p
The leader, his audience still,
considered their scholarly will.
He lowered his head
and with anguish he said,
"But how will we teach them to kill?"

-some poet on reddit

#30 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:20 AM

FilthyGnome;286218 said:

I am soooo looking forward to the Assail mystery being unveiled =D

I think we all are. :D

I'm interested to see exactly what power this human Tyrant is wielding that enables him/her/them/ to destroy so many Imass, with apparent ease.

#31 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:30 AM

Urb;286376 said:

Yeah, I was also thinking the tyrants had updated to mechanised warfare (probably the way Kallor did). Would explain how they can be so powerful. Just a crazy theory though :D

What kind of mechanical warfare is Kallor using? Only "abnormal" thing he uses seem to be his alchemy, century candles and probably others we haven't seen yet.

Also, to include some crazy theories in every post, maybe the humans found a way to unveil the t'lan imass ritual.

#32 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:32 AM

It's speculated that Kallor used some kind of KCCM technology to destroy his empire way back when. Not sure how else he could have done it, as we haven't seen him use much magic that I can remember.
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

#33 User is offline   chthonian 

• Corporal

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:07 AM

Lister of Smeg;286563 said:

It's speculated that Kallor used some kind of KCCM technology to destroy his empire way back when. Not sure how else he could have done it, as we haven't seen him use much magic that I can remember.

hrmm, i don't remember this in the books, interesting if true. i just assumed he laid waste to his land via some sort of chaos aspected magic at his disposal, thus when k'rul, sister of cold nights and draconus walk his empire (the imperial warren, unsure if it was named anywhere) its all just ash and wasteland... not much of anything. its possible that he tapped into some sort of KCCM machina (like what icarium and mappo find at the bottom of a crevasse in tBH, or some-such thing) to do this but idk... its also possible that he was just a cruel ruler and that when the mages initially summoned the CG, his fall to earth (wu, burn, the world, the earth... whatever, i don't want to discuss this now as i think its a silly topic) laid waste to kallor's kingdom and resulting continent.

anyways, just my 2 cents.

#34 User is offline   VampireGoat 

• Lieutenant

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:23 PM

can't remeber the specifics, but I think kallor went sort of elder god style on his empire.

In order to gain power he had a truck load of his own people sacraficed to himself charging himself up with the good old fashion power of blood(like the elder gods). This upset a few people, namely the gods who came along to punish him. Rather then being destroyed he took out his empire with the aquired power as we know. This same power was used to empower the curses he laid on the elder gods. Unfortunately however though the power was finite, after destroying an empire and cursing gods his power supply was pretty much exhausted.

Thats how I remeber it anyway, I could be completely wrong however it's been a while and I only read it once

#35 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:10 PM

I don't remember any mention of Kallor making human sacrifices. Rather K'rull and the two other came to remove him because Kallor has enslaved 12 million people. His cruelty is so great that the Elder Gods, who's cruelty is legendary, are upset. The sacrifices mentioned are the 12 million souls destroyed to spite the gods.

It's is a videly accepted theory on the forum that Kallor used KCCM technology.

The people we've seen travel the Imperial Warren - which is the destroyed Jacuruku K'rull removed if you missed that - have stumbled upon machines in the ashes more than once. We've also heard that the Imperial Warren/Jacuruku used to be a playground for the KCCM. It is believed that the scholars Kallor had investigate the KCCM ruins, may have stumbled upon a cache of nuclear bombs or antimatter-chocolate-chip-dough that he used to destroy his people. Why no-one stopped him is anyones guess.

It is also said that Kallor hates magic, which sort of a iffy argument, since Kallor is willing to use magic in MoI if it suits his goals.

#36 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

As Abyss has mentioned, the ability of the Imass to fall to dust depends on the ritual, if they're too broken they just fall apart in the sea. However, I'm interested to know how the Imass from Assail (Lanas Tog iirc?) managed to fall to dust with those swords still impaling her chest- does the power of the ritual extend to items attatched to the T'lan Imass, even if still bound by other sorcery? Surely, then, the T'lan Imass could serve as some sort of transport? i.e, Kellanved could have used the Logros to transport his entire army uber-quick across 7C?

#37 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:43 PM

hmmm... it may apply to non-living things only

As for Kallor--he says the word "sacrifices": in MoI prologue....I just don't feel like looking it up, since I distinctly recall typing it out once.
We don't know what he used to scorch his continent, but at least a portion of his 12 million people died willingly for him to gain the power through their blood.

#38 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:19 PM

p. 40 MoI prologue:

I shall break you. Each of you. I swear this upon the bones of seven million sacrifices.

The number of sacrifices Kallor mentions is strange. K'rull earlier, as he steps on to the continent, remarks that Kallors empire has 12 million.

I guess that could imply that 7 million of the Kallorian empire actually chose to give their life in some kind of death ritual... how bizarre.

#39 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

Well I heard one of the sneak peaks of TtH has Kallor, in a very grumpy mood of course, traveling through a barren wasteland....this could be the Imperial Warren. Maybe he's been trying to find a cache of old KCCM weaponry.....ooooh the possibilities!

It's also possible this human tyrant has acquired KCCM techs and is using them on the Imass, I suppose.

#40 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

Or maybe they did a Redmask and used a matron's skin to control some remnant/reawakened KCCM population? [/crazy theory]

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users