Malazan Empire: NEWS FLASH!!! Tiger Woods is Freaking Good! - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NEWS FLASH!!! Tiger Woods is Freaking Good!

#41 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:23 AM

Tiger Woods is God with a Putter.

Un-Freaking-Believable today.

#42 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:54 AM

Tiger Woods is not, nor will he ever be entered into consideration for, God. That title is currently held by yours truly.

Tiger swings a pretty club. And he is blackinese. Martial arts and afros for the win!

Golf is fun... I enjoy it sometimes.

#43 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:57 AM

I still hate golf

#44 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:07 PM

I started taking lessons in March, and though I suck ass, I am getting better. Just been to our local (nasty) 9 hole course this morning and got 62, which is my best score yet. First time I went, I got 83. Ouch.

Oh, and got my first ever par last week ;) I was actually less than an inch from the birdie on that one, as well! Frustrating as hell when it's not going well, but so, so satisfying when it is.
Don't fuck with the Culture.

#45 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:59 PM

Tiger limping on the second tee of the last round of the US Open... methinks he came back from this injury far too early because of his ego.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#46 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:17 PM

Probably, but he still won. He's the man, got to give it to him. I don't even really like golf, but if he's playing I'l at least follow the scores through the weekend. This last win is exciting stuff, almost seems scripted. Golf is screwed when he retires.
Error: Signature not valid

#47 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

Tiger out for rest of season with a stress fracture. Weak.

#48 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:49 PM

Weak how? Two stress fractures and a TORN ACL and since the ACL injury in July of last year he
1)Won the PGA
2)Finished 2nd at the Masters
3)Won the FREAKING US OPEN ON ONE FUCKING LEG

The guy isn't human. Oh and Retief Goosen is a moron who will be embarrassed by Woods every time he gets a chance....saying he only "winced after bad shots." Ok.....way to rattle the cage idiot.

#49 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:31 PM

Xander;333520 said:

Weak how? Two stress fractures and a TORN ACL and since the ACL injury in July of last year he
1)Won the PGA
2)Finished 2nd at the Masters
3)Won the FREAKING US OPEN ON ONE FUCKING LEG

The guy isn't human. Oh and Retief Goosen is a moron who will be embarrassed by Woods every time he gets a chance....saying he only "winced after bad shots." Ok.....way to rattle the cage idiot.

Weak as in "It's weak that Tiger won't be playing" not "Tiger is weak for not playing."

Weak meaning "this sucks, I'm disappointed" in this instance. Tiger himself is not weak. I think you misunderstood me.

#50 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:12 AM

Raymond Luxury Yacht;333356 said:

Tiger out for rest of season with a stress fracture.

Indeed. Definitely came back too early, told ya:(
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#51 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:36 AM

Yep. makes Goosen look even more of a dumbass though.

#52 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:37 AM

Raymond Luxury Yacht;333593 said:

Weak as in "It's weak that Tiger won't be playing" not "Tiger is weak for not playing."

Weak meaning "this sucks, I'm disappointed" in this instance. Tiger himself is not weak. I think you misunderstood me.

I apologize my friend :(

Goosen is an idiot. He keeps commenting...even after the truth has come out...someone hand him a shovel.

#53 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, it looks like tiger has a blown acl, two stress fractures, and the cartilage damage. The entire sport of golf looks tougher now that news has come out.

#54 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:48 AM

It's insane. The toughness and drive he displayed blows my mind. Tiger Woods is like Lebron...they lived up and exceeded the hype.

MJ, Tiger, Ali

Those are the three greatest American athletes ever IMO. Oh and I'll throw in Walter Payton as well.

#55 User is offline   paladin 

• House Knight

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:35 PM

take a look at Jim Thorpe. He's the greatest American athlete(and arguably the greatest athlete ever). Played in the NFL, MLB, and on a professional basketball team(which was named after him). Also won olympic gold medals in pentathalon and decathalon, college football championship, 2 all-american honors as a college football player, college ballroom dancing championship, and numerous track and field honors. And he's the one with the statue in Canton as well.

MJ, Tiger, and Ali are all second class citizens compared to him, but they are the best of the more recent generations.

#56 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:41 PM

paladin;334176 said:

take a look at Jim Thorpe. He's the greatest American athlete(and arguably the greatest athlete ever). Played in the NFL, MLB, and on a professional basketball team(which was named after him). Also won olympic gold medals in pentathalon and decathalon, college football championship, 2 all-american honors as a college football player, college ballroom dancing championship, and numerous track and field honors. And he's the one with the statue in Canton as well.

MJ, Tiger, and Ali are all second class citizens compared to him, but they are the best of the more recent generations.

That's tough to argue with.

#57 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:26 PM

paladin;334176 said:

Jim Thorpe? You can't compare him. I don't think he was the greatest, sorry. That's the "grandpa" argument.

#58 User is offline   paladin 

• House Knight

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:48 PM

sure you can, just like people argue that robert e lee(or others like him) was the best general in american history(just to take an example where modern improvements and specializations would make things drastically different than a previous era). his accomplishments speak for themselves. when was the last time you saw an olympic gold winning track star also be one of the best football players in the nation and be good enough to play major league baseball and professional basketball? there was no specialization here, he was truely great at everything.

mj may be the greatest american basketball player, tiger the best american golfer, and ali the best american boxer(highly arguable), but thorpe was the best athlete. no other athlete i can think of was as competitive in as many sports and disciplines as him

#59 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:52 AM

How much is Tiger being injured going to cost others? Short answer, tens of millions of dollars.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25378909/

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users