Malazan Empire: NEWS FLASH!!! Tiger Woods is Freaking Good! - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NEWS FLASH!!! Tiger Woods is Freaking Good!

#1 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:53 PM

So I'm sitting here watching the Buick Invitational...and maybe a lot of you guys don't like/follow golf...but I love it.

Seriously...Tiger Woods is a machine. He is destroying the golf course. I love it.

Thoughts on Woods?

Anybody else here love Golf?

#2 User is offline   Nequam 

• High Fist

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:52 PM

I really enjoy playing golf. But I don't follow it. A lot of times watching it makes me sad because it reminds me how bad I am. :)

#3 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:56 PM

Nequam;248757 said:

I really enjoy playing golf. But I don't follow it. A lot of times watching it makes me sad because it reminds me how bad I am. :)

I can understand and sympathize with that :)

The best part about golf is it is a sport you can play almost your entire life. Even when you are like 80...as long as you can still walk.

#4 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:10 AM

the thing that truly gets me about golf is that, no matter how bad you are, at least once a round you will hit one truly great shot. One worthy of a pro. And no matter how bad the rest of your round, the memory of the that shot will keep you coming back to the game.

it's so damn frustrating.

but i love it. and hell, i'm from the country that invented modern golf.
meh. Link was dead :(

#5 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:14 AM

That is a good point Coco.

I like it because you can go out and drink and smoke and act like a jack ass (in moderation of course) and have a great time being crappy at something.

I used to work at a golf resort and me and my buddies got to play normally 300 dollar per round courses for free...oh...such bliss :)

#6 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:40 AM

i'm originally from a town on the west coast of Scotland that has a world famous golf course.
it's hosted the open about three times in the last 20 years (i'll give you a hint - postage stamp :) )

and i've played said course illicitly god knows how many times. Never played the first hole mind you, as we'd always jump on at the second to avoid getting chased off by the greenkeepers :)

but the way i see it, each time i've saved myself some ridiculously overblown green fees, so its not all bad.

#7 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:57 AM

Tiger has played the western open here in chicago a bunch of times and he is incredible to watch....I love watching golf when he is involved. Last year I took a bunch of lessons and went out to a range twice a week with a pal....Still sucked ass....

- Did improve enough to not embarrasse myself at the company outing though, so that was good.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#8 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:00 AM

In high school, we used to throw keggers at the local golf course at night. Called 'em "hole parties" and threw whoever passed out into the water hazard.

The cops weren't busting the parties because we were all underage, but because we didn't clean up after ourselves.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#9 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:12 AM

Cocoreturns;248769 said:

i'm originally from a town on the west coast of Scotland that has a world famous golf course.
it's hosted the open about three times in the last 20 years (i'll give you a hint - postage stamp :D )

and i've played said course illicitly god knows how many times. Never played the first hole mind you, as we'd always jump on at the second to avoid getting chased off by the greenkeepers :)

but the way i see it, each time i've saved myself some ridiculously overblown green fees, so its not all bad.

What is.... St Andrews Golf Course Alex!

I got to where I could consistently shoot 90 and every now and then break it....but I've been lazy lately :)

#10 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:19 AM

tut-tut. St andrews is on the East coast,
the postage stamp is a par three hole at another course.

on a good day i'll break 100, but that's about my best, sadly

#11 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:22 AM

Sorry...my geography is lacking these days...

breaking a 100 is decent unless you are a serious player...Golf is hard

#12 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:50 AM

I have played actual golf once in my life. I shot an 86 over nine holes.

About ten of those were purposeful plunkers in the water hazard.

I shall return to the links this summer.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#13 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:52 AM

amphibian;248796 said:

I have played actual golf once in my life. I shot an 86 over nine holes.

About ten of those were purposeful plunkers in the water hazard.

I shall return to the links this summer.

So you were on pace for a nice, cool 172? Nice...nice.

It is pretty much pointless to keep score when you start...because a lot of people get discouraged and lose interest...or they cheat and claim they shoot a ridiculous number that is impossible for a newb to shoot.

#14 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:52 AM

I don't play proper-sized courses, they get too depressing. There are a few decent smaller courses near home though that I go round a few times each year. But yeah, once or twice a round, you play a perfect shot, and it feels so good. Not often enough though...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#15 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:47 AM

Yeah...a couple of weeks ago I put a 6 iron 2 feet from the pin on a par 3....ahhhh....that got me through an otherwise dreadful round.

#16 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:02 PM

I've played golf one time. I shot an estimated 180. On 9 holes. I couldn't manage to get the ball in the air, and no one felt like telling me what to do. It was painful for everyone involved. I have also been to a driving range one time, where I at least got the ball in the air. I bet I could shoot like a 160 at least on 9 holes now. I am a beast.

I will, however, wreck people on Tiger woods golf on xbox. Such a good game.
Error: Signature not valid

#17 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

I'm crap on the xbox version, but never beaten on the Wii :cool:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#18 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:58 PM

I help run a course in NH.....I play all the time but still suck....I love it though.

#19 User is offline   ch'arlz 

• Lo-Fi Version

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

Bubba;251587 said:

I help run a course in NH.....I play all the time but still suck....I love it though.

I used to play pitch and putt in New London NH on Friday night dates. Spent most of the time in the bushes tho... them were the good old days! :D
Shaken, not stirred.

#20 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:23 PM

Cocoreturns;248780 said:

tut-tut. St andrews is on the East coast,
the postage stamp is a par three hole at another course.

on a good day i'll break 100, but that's about my best, sadly

Carnoustie (sp?)? I know it has held the open around three times in the last twenty years.

I used to play golf when I was younger and I was a promising young talent apparently, now in the last few days I've taken it up. I want to play pretty much every day. My putting and high iron play is generally good. My low iron play is reasonably bad. My driving, I haven't done it for six or seven years and my chipping needs a major overhaul.

I haven't even got all of the technique properly back into my head and I'm lacking my full set of clubs and a putter which is the right size.

I've had two hole in ones before, and I remember shooting 39 off nine holes. But my quality has diminished somewhat although my length has increased.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users