Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Assail Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pastures 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:57 AM

Well, i read that SE will not be writing anything about the continent of Assail. I also read that ICE has something like five books planned - which seems a very small number to me. Couple that with the fact that the first two are on background history (at least as relates to the SE books), i'm getting very concerned that nothing will be written about Assail.

This distresses me greatly because i am a huge fan of the Forkrul Assail and also what SE has written about Assail (a continent gone mad) makes me really interested in what's going on there.

So please, SE, if ICE is not writing about Assail, can your next series be about Assail?

P.S. I believe there was a female Imass that said that it was currently dominated by humans. So would be great to see how those humans got so dang powerful.

#2 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:12 AM

5 books isn't such a small number!!

Assail is full of possibilities it would sound like, certainly, what with all those Imass getting their asses handed to them :rolleyes: You never know, we might see a bit more of it in one of the books. Fingers crossed!
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#3 User is offline   pastures 

• Fist

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:16 AM

Ok it might not be a small number, but i would think that the events on Assail warrant their own series right? At least three books yeah? Which means no Korelri? I doubt it... It seems ICE will write about the Stormriders... Which is great! I want to know that story arc too!

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:24 AM

I doubt you'll find much more more than FA ruins on Assail. The FA are gone, travelled to other worlds or imprisoned in Azaths or traps.

#5 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:25 AM

Aye, that's the problem with such a diverse world with so much happening in it - there's never enough time to fit everything in;) For example, I'd love to have a book or so about the Perish, or the Cabalhii who worship Icarium as an insane god.

Ah well :rolleyes:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#6 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:28 AM

caladanbrood;245800 said:

Aye, that's the problem with such a diverse world with so much happening in it - there's never enough time to fit everything in;) For example, I'd love to have a book or so about the Perish, or the Cabalhii who worship Icarium as an insane god.

Ah well :rolleyes:

also

Icarium - A biography

Segulah - A day in the life of the first

Partners and Friends- Rake and Brood the previous 200,000 years

Kallor - The teenage years

Tooth- History of Malazan Military Boot Camp

Burner of Bridges- Tales of Campaigns and battles
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#7 User is offline   pastures 

• Fist

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:08 AM

Haha Zanth! That's a great list there! My fave is Kallor - The teenage years. lol. sounds like a Calvin and Hobbes type comic, mixed in with The Far Side...

#8 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:19 AM

We may yet visit Assail...if only briefly. And who knows what is store for the future, considering the world of Malaz?

I'd like a story set...perhaps a trilogy...about the Tiste races and the breakup and civil wars...but ah well...we can't have everything we want in life

#9 User is offline   pastures 

• Fist

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:30 AM

Xander;246266 said:

I'd like a story set...perhaps a trilogy...about the Tiste races and the breakup and civil wars...but ah well...we can't have everything we want in life

Yes we can!! Please Mr Erikson... Can you PLEASE write more about all the loose ends?

P.S. i think SE is already filling us in on the Tiste history and either SE or ICE will fill us in on the Tiste Liosan (and by extension how the dang Edur came about - immaculate conception??!). However, it seems, so far at least, that SE will not write about Tiste Liosan except in passing. I'll start begging Mr Esselmont if SE doesn't fill us in.

#10 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:03 AM

pastures;246276 said:

Yes we can!! Please Mr Erikson... Can you PLEASE write more about all the loose ends?

P.S. i think SE is already filling us in on the Tiste history and either SE or ICE will fill us in on the Tiste Liosan (and by extension how the dang Edur came about - immaculate conception??!). However, it seems, so far at least, that SE will not write about Tiste Liosan except in passing. I'll start begging Mr Esselmont if SE doesn't fill us in.

As someone stated above...with such a massive story and cast of characters...it is nigh impossible to cover everything adequately...especially when the people you are trying to please are insane. :rolleyes:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users