• You cannot reply to this topic

CRICKET: Australia vs India

#21 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Pedant.

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:32 PM

Cougar;257639 said:

That is like suggesting that Brazil should be allowed to pick their referees because they have the largest and most fanatical supporter base.

I'm not criticising the Indian population, they are simply influenced by the incredibly biased and irresponsible way this was being reported in India, I'm criticising the Indian Cricket board.

Yeah I agree... the Indian Cricket board is one of those things needing major reform. Because Cricket is such big money in India, the Cricket board is made up of politicians mostly... and they pander to the mob when making decisions for obvious reasons.

I wasn't disagreeing with your contention that the Indian reaction was a disgrace. I was just saying it wasn't as much a thought out reaction as it was a mob-mentality knee-jerk thing.
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#22 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:09 PM

caladanbrood;257753 said:

I assume you also include in that the debacle with Pakistan last year?

Of course Broody

@Skywalker: yeah your point is valid, the Indian Cricket system needs root and branch reform anyway, I mean the selection of talent is totally corrupt and it's dominated by the public school class at proffessional level.
I AM A TWAT

#23 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

Oh I could go on at some length about the crappy selection procedures and politics in Indian cricket - but I wont!

There is a new kid on the block - the incipient IPL league might just stir things up and make them better. I hope someday the BCCI (cricket board) puts a meritocracy where the nation's heart is!
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#24 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:30 PM

More whinging from the Indians from the BBC:

Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary Niranjan Shah confirmed a letter had been written in the wake of Sunday's one-day match.

And he said: "Basically the Australian players are starting the whole thing."

Indian paceman Sharma pointed towards the dressing-rooms after dismissing Andrew Symonds during the match.

And Shah added: "I do not want our players to get into these type of things.

"The whole thing is started by the Australian players."

Is it just me or is what he is saying "They started it", this excuse never worked for me at infant school so I doubt it will work for a mens, international cricket side!
I AM A TWAT

#25 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

Hehe... three more matches coming up. Lots more sledging/ whining about to happen methinks... :D Happy Happy Joy Joy!

#26 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:53 PM

It's fairly ridiculous that this sort of thing is still going on, but it does spice it up a bit at least!
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users