Malazan Empire: England vs. Croatia, European Football Championship Qualifications... - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

England vs. Croatia, European Football Championship Qualifications...

#1 User is offline   chill 

• Child of Malkav
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:56 AM

So, the big match takes place today.

Personally, I think english boys don't stand a chance. :D
Kif: Sir, remember your course correction?
Captain Zapp: No.
Kif: Well, it's proving somewhat more suicidal than we'd initially hoped.

#2 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Group: Team Handsome
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:13 AM

Chill er... Chill! I think it will be 3 1 to England.

WITNESS!
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#3 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:22 PM

I wouldnt mind much if we lost, as we'll just get embarrassed playing like we are in the actualy tourney, and i REALLY want McLaren out.

But I still think we'll win 2-1.

#4 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:36 PM

It'll be a horrific match - have you seen the pitch? It still hasn't recovered from that NFL match they played on it.

I reckon a high-scoring draw... 2-2. Good enough for both teams.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tęde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#5 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:57 PM

Hopefully Eduardo grabs a couple to set him in good stead for Saturday :D.

#6 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:49 PM

Well well well, halftime and what a pile of shite England have been so far. Quite frankly we dont deserve to qualify playing like this, we need to get rid of fucking Steve McClown and half of the overpaid, under-bothered cunts in the team.

#7 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:53 PM

Oh Dear ... Quick Rafa get on the phone to Villa and check it was 10 million for Carson ..... that's pounds not lira.
What Would Jack Do ?

#8 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:57 PM

Wank Lampard has had a great 1st half :D. Dave Whelan was too hasty signing Bruce as the new manager, Mclaren would be my choice to lead Wigan back to the Championship:eek:
What Would Jack Do ?

#9 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

Come on TT, get off the fence , the only result you haven't predicted so far is the draw. Name names, which players are not up to it, and how do we turn this around ! If I like your answers you can have my vote as new manager.
What Would Jack Do ?

#10 User is offline   chill 

• Child of Malkav

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:45 PM

3-2:D

#11 User is offline   Anomander Rake 

• First Sword

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

I'm disappointed.

What I don't understand is people who say Beckham shouldn't be in the Team, because he's the only midfielder who almost always garantees to be the one who sets up a goal. I kept thinking in First half, when we had those 3-4 free-kicks in ideal positions, if just Backham was on the field, we would have a much better chance at scoring from the free-kick, instead they were wasted.

Crouch played very well, I can't believe how many times he headed the ball down, and for there not to be any England players there to take advantage of it.

Oh well, that's life.

#12 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:03 AM

Lampard's useless and cant play with Gerrard. In any case, Gerrard has been fairly shit for England over the last year or so. Neither goes forward much when they both play, and neither seem to cover the defence, which is unnacountably poor as a unit. 'Keeper's a problem area, we just dont seem to have a solid one at the moment. I'd have to say we should give Robert Green a go, as the other 2 are being useless.

Joe Cole is unbelievably frustrating, he'll take it past two or three players delightfully then waste the pass completely, either make it clear to him he needs to play it more simply, or play someone who'll do a job.

Of the lot from tonight, I'd keep Richards, Wright-Phillips, and Barry in the first XI.

As lazy as I think Ferdinand is, and as overrated as Terry is, we miss them when they dont play as at least they have some sort of understanding, and as for left back, now Cole's been ruined by Chelski I dont know who to turn to.

Hargreaves is needed in midfield to provide some cover for the defence, and put some pace on the wings with SWP and Lennon. Owen's always a good bet for a goal, and Heskey's a perfect foil for him, noone can deny that, even though he cant score himself. Likewise you cant write off Rooney.

We need to start playing by form, not reputation, and stop trying to accomodate the big names. We also depsperately need a new coaching set-up to teach the back 4 how to work together, and a 'keeping coach desperatley.

How's that for a start, Grumble? :D

#13 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:08 AM

chill;226498 said:

3-2:D

Well Chill!

I humbly stand corrected. Have some rep.

England, you were useless.

Flawed - Would rather stand erected.
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#14 User is offline   chill 

• Child of Malkav

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:20 AM

Now, someone has to analyze our team...

Olić was actually useful - and that alone is a cause for celebration.
Pletikosa has never been so solid on the goal.
Eduardo was brilliant, as always:)
Petrić and Pranjić were the right calls. The third goal is their doing.
Kranjčar and Modrić both played a great match.
I don't remember the last time our defence saved us so many times. Hurray for R. Kovač, Šimunić and Ćorluka.

And of course, hail to the Coach - Slaven Bilić. The man gave our younger generation a chance, instead of choosing only tested veterans. As a result, we have a young team that could play 150 minutes, if need be.

There you have it:)

#15 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:23 AM

Hmmph!

EQ 10

#16 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:01 AM

hahahahahahahaha - if we aint going, neither are you :D

most fun ever - seeing the expression on alan shearers face as he realised how rubbish england really are.

#17 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:05 AM

drinksinbars;226620 said:

hahahahahahahaha - if we aint going, neither are you :D

most fun ever - seeing the expression on alan shearers face as he realised how rubbish england really are.

Everyone on Match of the day was suitably miffed.

You guys were unlucky though. Super strike by Spain. You held your own well.

A better account of yourselves then us anyhow.

EQ 10

#18 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:56 AM

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Sorry. I wanted England to qualify, I really did, but the fact that Poland are going and they're not is too funny for words.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#19 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:13 AM

polishgenius;226626 said:

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Sorry. I wanted England to qualify, I really did, but the fact that Poland are going and they're not is too funny for words.

Doskonały

We are suitably jealous.......

EQ 10

#20 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:39 AM

So, none of the home countries have made it to the European Championships. I've heard a rumour that they might try and have the "Home Internationals" next summer as a result (it was already being talked about before the Croatia game as a possibility). Scotland Vs England. Now wouldn't that be fun.

I'd love to see Ireland get a chance to get in on that action too, despite not being one of the "Home" countries. That would easily sell out Croke Park, if they'd be allowed have the game there. Local rivalries are always the best.

So, who is the favourite for the England job. Macca can't hold on to it now surely.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users