Malazan Empire: England vs. Croatia, European Football Championship Qualifications... - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

England vs. Croatia, European Football Championship Qualifications...

#41 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:54 AM

Both England and Scotland will come second in their respective groups, and hopefully be drawn against eachother in the playoff. That would be teh awesome. :D

#42 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:10 AM

Thelomen Toblerone;227647 said:

Both England and Scotland will come second in their respective groups, and hopefully be drawn against each other in the play-off. That would be teh awesome. :D

That would be typical luck for the British Isles. The way Scotland are playing England will get trounced also.

But, i thought whoever comes second gets whoever was first in another group in the next stage? Or has it all changed now?

All i know is England had better pull their finger out and we had better not get the Liverpool couch as the manager, knowing how England's luck and passion goes he will do his rotation thing and in the final he will do something well odd..........i can see it now..........

" Well! " said Gary Lineker as he studied the field in a bemused fashion, " Pass me a Crisp and call me Ernie! "

" What!!? What is it Gaz? " shouted Ian Wright as he jumped up and down crying and laughing all the while looking like he wants to be on the pitch, while trying to puff his chest out in a suitably proud dad manner.

" its Benitez! " cried Gary " He's only gone a rotated too much! He has fielded 11 tea ladies!!!!! "

" Shit! " Replied Ian, " Why the hell has he put Doris in goal? She cant keep hold of anything... remember that time she dropped the Ginger nuts??! "
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#43 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:45 PM

Flawed;227649 said:

That would be typical luck for the British Isles. The way Scotland are playing England will get trounced also.

But, i thought whoever comes second gets whoever was first in another group in the next stage? Or has it all changed now?

In the qualification for the tournament, the first place teams in each group are automatically through, and the second placed teams go into a play-off game.
So 2 second place teams meet, and one goes through to the tournament. The other is eliminated.

Hope that clarifies it a bit.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#44 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:03 PM

Its was very helpful

Whats are we talking about again??
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#45 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:17 PM

But it's only the top 8 runners up out of the nine groups that go through to a play-off. Just to make it a bit more annoyingly pointless :D
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#46 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:20 PM

caladanbrood;227746 said:

But it's only the top 8 runners up out of the nine groups that go through to a play-off. Just to make it a bit more annoyingly pointless :D

SEE! The butler did do it!

EQ 10

#47 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:52 PM

caladanbrood;227746 said:

That's really harsh, because it likely means that the second place team in the tightest group won't get a chance to go through. And isn't one group smaller, how do they offset that?
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#48 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:58 PM

the results against the last placed team in the other 8 groups are removed from the teams statistics, then the best 8 from the 9 second placed teams go into the playoffs.

confusing, non?

edit - and it's no worse than the fact that the best third placed team didn't qualify for the Euro's because there are two hosts next year. Not that i'm bitter. oh no. not bitter at all.
meh. Link was dead :(

#49 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:02 PM

Would have been easier to just have 8 groups really;)
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#50 User is offline   Falco 

• First Sword

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:16 PM

Rofltastic Steve McClown.

There was energetic, skilful, intelligent, technical football team playing. The other was Ingerlund.

#51 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:18 PM

Hmmm. I sincerely hope UA gets in shape for those qualifiers... this time we had no chance--being with world's 1&2, but the World Cup qualifiers should be interesting...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#52 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

Falco;228926 said:

Rofltastic Steve McClown.

There was energetic, skilful, intelligent, technical football team playing. The other was Ingerlund.

I said it when we lost to the Australians two years ago we'll never recover, rock bottom has been hit :p

No offence ;)

#53 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:14 PM

Dancer;229009 said:

I said it when we lost to the Australians two years ago we'll never recover, rock bottom has been hit :p

No offence :p

As put downs go, that doesn't work anywhere near as well as you might think ;)

#54 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:46 PM

The aussies arent terrible at footy. It's rugby that it's shameful to lose to them at. I mean, can you imagine losing to them at the rugby world cup? It's unheard of! I mean, we always beat them, it's like being given a bye when you draw the aussies in the RWC. They're a load of bottle jobs. :p ;)

#55 User is offline   Falco 

• First Sword

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:14 PM

lulz...the English trying to come up sporting put downs.

Ahem, we've got two Webb-Ellises...how many at Twickers?

#56 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:08 PM

Ancient history, my Aussie friend. They've been sitting there without any new company for so long there's a layer of dust an inch thick on them. :p ;)

:p

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users