• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A question re: TOC the ELDER

#41 User is offline   Kurt Montandon 

• First Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:08 PM

Dolorous Menhir;178029 said:

Are you saying you have Reaper's Gale already??? It's not our for another two weeks!

Notice how he doesn't have a real-world location in his profile? Smart.

#42 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:13 PM

I don't have Reaper's gale yet, and I presume that it should be delivered to me when the publishers send it out to the warehouses etc. so the chances are unlikely, but still possible.

#43 User is offline   TOGGS 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:33 AM

My two cents worth;
I like the idea that Toc the Elder is Fisher Kel (Tath??). Has this been mentioned before? Duiker said that the emperor described the Elder as a soldier with a brain, while his son seems to enjoy poetry (Lay of O'onas Toolan, The Bridgeburners), so perhaps his father did/does too. Both of these traits seem to suit Fisher.

Not sure, but I don't recall ever seeing a birth for Fisher when someone qoutes his writings. Could this be due to his having never existed until TOCtE disappearance

TOGGS; LORD OF WOLVES AND SWIMWEAR

#44 User is offline   BridgeBurner 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:18 PM

Over the years, I've come to think that Toc E's role was to connect Toc Y with the Malazan establishment, along with Duiker, who was educated along with Toc Y. Background info for two main characters in both DG and MoI, and no more...

With this story already in book seven now, I doubt we will see him. And I think saying Toc E is Squint subtracts from the drama of a common highly skilled archer realizing he has to kill Coltaine and live with it. A commander in Toc E's class wouldn't have had such suffering after shooting. I see no reason why Toc E HAS to show up. The arguments why he should sound a little like the Demandred discussions in WoT forums...

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users