• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

F1 2007

#41 User is offline   Dag 

• Burninating poodles since 1996
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:41 PM

Wow! You see right through me!:D

But I make the best Marillenknödel in the world. Try them once, and you will adore me like a goddess.

*Dag: already knocking at Tiste's door with a plate of Marillenknödel in on hand and a Red Bull flag in the other*

#42 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:04 PM

I would accept your marillen knodel, but all the google results for it are in German. And I know I studied German for 7 years, but I have forgotten all of it. It sounds yummy though. :D
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#43 User is offline   Dag 

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:30 PM

Tiste Simeon;169484 said:

I would accept your marillen knodel, but all the google results for it are in German. And I know I studied German for 7 years, but I have forgotten all of it. It sounds yummy though.

They are soft. Very, very soft, and juicy, and sweet, and once you taste them, you can't stop nibbling at them...

(NB: All the obvious assocciations this description may provoke are unintentional. :D )

But back to F1. Four more hours to go, and I've got all this beer in the fridge, and no damn TV. Oh, how I envy you guys... I will have to wait untill tomorrow to KNOW. And I will still not know exactly HOW.

*opening another can of Gösser to drown the frustration*

#44 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:02 PM

Bah... I'm disappointed, prety boring race. And seeing yet another Ferrari victory pisses me off....
Will be back in a while, to post some solid comments... (After watching the replay)
And one by one the gardens died

#45 User is offline   Dag 

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:04 PM

Called-by-the-Voices;169589 said:

Bah... I'm disappointed, prety boring race. And seeing yet another Ferrari victory pisses me off....
Will be back in a while, to post some solid comments... (After watching the replay)

So I didn't miss anything?

Thanks goodness...

#46 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 18 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

The rest was far from special, the only highlight was Hamilton's drive and him almost beating Alonso. The rest was almost purely academic, without much impact.

#47 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:31 PM

I thought it was going to be on this afternoon, and was looking forward to it after church... *sigh* never mind...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#48 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:34 PM

The Cult of Dessembrae;169608 said:

The rest was far from special, the only highlight was Hamilton's drive and him almost beating Alonso. The rest was almost purely academic, without much impact.

My thoughts exactly. He was even in the lead at one point. Well driven:)
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#49 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:30 PM

Dag;169590 said:

So I didn't miss anything?

Thanks goodness...

Yeah, as CoD said, it was pretty gray race... Ferraris (specially Kimi) dominating- he was about a second faster then the Macs... No crashes, no duels... Alonso drove another uninspired race, settling to just beating his teammate, Heikki was the big disappointent and the both Red Bulls also, failing to score any points...

The highlight was Hamilton's brilliant debut. I really enjoyed his drive, and atleast that gave the race some colour. And, Kubica's solid performance, unfortunately ruined by the gearbox failure.

All in all, after so much waiting and anticipation, and all the changes and the great Qs, I stand greatly disappointed. If the season continues in this direction, .........i don't know........ :eek:

#50 User is offline   Dag 

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:59 PM

Oh, so that's the way it went...

Well, I must say, I don't mind Kimi winning, he's a good and experienced driver, I really wish him all the best this season.

Sorry to hear about Webber and especially Coulthard having no luck. :D

#51 User is offline   Bl1nder 

• Fist

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

Kimi is the new Schumacher, he started first, finished first, if he keeps on going like that, and I believe he will, he will be miles ahead of any competition
I have stolen princesses from sleeping barrow kings
I have burned the town of Trebon
I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life
I was expelled from the University at a younger age most people are allowed in
I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during the day
I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make minstrels cry
You may have heard of me....

#52 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:54 PM

...*sigh*...you call it boring when Schumacher is there...you call it boring when Schumacher is not there...so who are we blaming now for making F1 boring?

F1 is exciting and always has been just gotta look for the exciting places. Anyways all in all a good race...so turns out Kimi was just playing during winter testing he really is super fast. But one has to wonder if his engine will last the Malaysian heat considering he pushed a little more than he should have in the latter part of the race but w/e we shall see what transpires. its too early in the season to actually be celebrating a Ferrari cake walk.

As for the rookies...good for Hamilton twas expected really. The Mclaren is a good car and he really should have finished second though, but he was held up by back markers right before his final stop and he a few run offs in the laps leading up to his stop so that lost him some valuable time plus Alonso had to stop for 2 seconds less otherwise Hamilton had him beaten fair and square. Alonso was pretty bland during the race. Kimi on the other hand was superb, I'm not sure how many of you have the living timing screen open on your computers while watching the race (its pretty helpful when they go on break or they're not showing the gaps between the drivers instead they show the number of stops done which is pointless like i dont fucking care about the stop I wanna see the gap) But Kimi's name was in purple for like the first 11 laps brilliant stuff really. Akin to Schumacher's performance at Spa & Japan 02

Anyways for those of you who thought the race was boring, the political battle thats about to flare up in the coming weeks should keep all of you interested for a little while. Not sure when we're going to arbitration, during the three week break or once the European races begin. But that's going to be very interesting indeed.

Edit: oh and to all those worrying about another Ferrari victory relax:p Keep in mind Massa and Kimi can and will take points off each other, Alonso on the other hand really has no one. Sure Lewis is super quick and super good but it's his first season and he will screw up somewhere along the way nor is the one his team is backing for the world championship so if Lewis does take points away from Alonso they'll be minimal where as with Massa and Kimi unless the team brings in team orders they'll be taking a shit load of points from each other...that is of course if Kimi doesn't annihilate Massa, though I just don't see that happening.
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#53 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:35 AM

aye, I'm with Jen on this one, stop ya moaning, you sound like a bunch of old women :D

some races turn out to be more interesting then others, that's always been a fact of F1, and it's not going to change now Schumachers gone, Kimi had a great race, finally showing the pace we all knew he had, ok he was a second quicker then the McLarens, but I don't expect that to be the case in the next few races, it's far too early to say it's gonna be another Ferrari dominant season, other teams will be developing through the next few races and I expect McLaren, Red Bull and BMW to be on a par with Ferraris pace by the time we get to the european races (I say Red Bull because once they get the hang of the Adrian Newey car they should be in the hunt for podiums if not a race win)

It was a brilliant debut from Lewis Hamilton, he's the first driver since Jaques Villeneuve in 1996 to get a podium place on his debut, plus it was the best british rookie performance in 40 years, yes I know he's going to make mistakes, it is after all his learning year, and I don't expect him to be winning the championship this year;) but I do think he is one to watch in the future...

Like you Jen, I fully expect Massa to be fighting for race wins with Kimi, who knows what would have happened if he hadn't had the problems in qualifying, as it was he came from the back of the grid to finish 6th, I'm looking forward to a monumental scrap between the pair throughout the season...

Renault were a dissapointment, Fisi was his usual lacklustre self and Kovvy had a terrible F1 debut, I can only hope things improve for him, I don't expect much of Renault this season, Fisi just doesn't have the drive to make the team a top winning team, he's too inconsistant during races, I still think Renault shot themselves in the foot making him their no.1 driver....who's thinking that once Red Bull get their act together, they're gonna be beating the works Renault!

#54 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:11 PM

You know heres the thing though. Kimi and Massa both had the exact same car and we already Massa is not a slow driver from last year...yet it was almost impossible for him to pass cars in the mid-field. It actually took effort getting past both DC and Button and esp considering Button was riding a turtle. So this new engine freeze is not looking like a nice thing for F1. All the cars have pretty much the exact straight line speed making overtaking difficult...oh well lets see what happens.
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#55 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:47 AM

Jen said:

You know heres the thing though. Kimi and Massa both had the exact same car and we already Massa is not a slow driver from last year...yet it was almost impossible for him to pass cars in the mid-field. It actually took effort getting past both DC and Button and esp considering Button was riding a turtle. So this new engine freeze is not looking like a nice thing for F1. All the cars have pretty much the exact straight line speed making overtaking difficult...oh well lets see what happens.

Exactly!
Remember last year's opener, Bahrein, when Kimi stormed the field with his Mac, going from 22nd to 3rd . And we all know that car wasn0t nearly as fast as is this year's Ferrari...
You COULD tell that Bahrein offers more take-over opportunities and that Kmii is a faster driver then Massa...
But still....

#56 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:39 PM

OK when and where is the next race? I want to watch this one. :D
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#57 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:28 PM

Malazian Gp, in three weeks time :D

#58 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:56 PM

Yeah the schedule is pretty horseshit this year. The start really makes no fucking sense

1st Race - 3 weeks off - 2nd race - 2 weeks off(normal) - 3rd race - FOUR FUCKING WEEKS OFF - 4th

It's going to take us 2 months to go through just 4 races...horseshit I tells ya horseshit.

#59 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:45 PM

Called-by-the-Voices said:

Malazian Gp, in three weeks time :D

Malazan GP? Freakin' Awesome!

My money is on the "Moon's Spawn" team to win that one... :p
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#60 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:09 PM

Yeah, I'd say Anomander taking the pole, tailed by the young Fiddler from the BonehuntersF1 Racing Team---

Gonna be a close one :D

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users