• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

F1 2007

#1 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:04 PM

so...who wants to go at it again?

Considering last year we had a grand total of 6 regular posters and since 5 of those 6 are gone i figure no one:p But I figure I give it shot anyways.
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#2 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:27 PM

well.. I can join if it's ok to not care about F1 but love to make fun of you?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3 User is offline   RaZjInSaR 

• First Sword

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:13 AM

:p wtf is this all about? :D

#4 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:51 AM

:eek: RAZ!...where have u been...

oh this is about me trying to find someone to discuss F1 with...but no one else cares:p and Morgoth just likes to make fun of me:(
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#5 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:52 AM

What's F1? Is it that car racing thing?
*casting the shaved knuckle*

#6 User is offline   MrXIII 

• Blunt Claw
  • Interests:Vital existence

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:52 AM

When does the season start? I used to watch F1 ages ago but stopped (obviously), wouldn't mind getting back into it. (ITV still cover it in the UK right?).

#7 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:56 AM

Is it that car racing thing? It's not a thing Shiara tis a RELIGION...to me at least:p but yes in simple terms it is that car racing thing lol. The first race of the season is in Melbourne, Australia.

MrXIII - season starts in less than 16days *runs around screaming* and ITV still has broadcast rights in the UK. Though you're better off putting your TV on mute and turning on BBC Five Live on your radio, it is infinitely better.

#8 User is offline   MrXIII 

• Blunt Claw
  • Interests:Vital existence

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:59 AM

Cheers for that.
So why is BBC five live better than ITV's commentary?

#9 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:14 AM

ITV is too "we love our little poodle Jenson Button" this year it'll probably be all about Lewis Hamilton and the commentary is to bland simply cause its on TV so they know you're watching and plus they talk about random useless crap.

Since I live in Canada I can't really listen to BBC Five Live during the race but I always make sure to catch their pre and post race coverage on the internet. Based from that only I can only imagine how they must be during the race

#10 User is offline   RaZjInSaR 

• First Sword

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:30 AM

rofl its alright foolkeny :D relax...deep breathes :p we all know what f1 is *cough*

#11 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:56 AM

@shiara - F1 is about little men in little cars driving around in circles for about two years.. Sometimes they crash and burn, but mainly, they just drive around in circles..
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#12 User is offline   Fid 

• Old Git of High House Muttley

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:03 AM

What's to like about F1 in 2007? No Schumi for a start. So that should deal with people parking at Rascasse etc etc not to mention certain other well documented infractions.

Hopefully will be a year with some genuine racing, but as that seems to get less and less over the years (maybe someone will take over the Mansell mantle eventually - so long as they don't talk like him).

Will be interesting anyway.

#13 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:28 AM

Fid;164084 said:

What's to like about F1 in 2007? No Schumi for a start. So that should deal with people parking at Rascasse etc etc not to mention certain other well documented infractions.

Hopefully will be a year with some genuine racing, but as that seems to get less and less over the years (maybe someone will take over the Mansell mantle eventually - so long as they don't talk like him).

Will be interesting anyway.

This makes almost as much sense to me as people talking about cricket - which is to say about as much sense as my brother's insane cockatiel crooning, chuckling and whistling to his right foot.
*casting the shaved knuckle*

#14 User is offline   Fid 

• Old Git of High House Muttley

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:35 AM

Shiara;164090 said:

This makes almost as much sense to me as people talking about cricket - which is to say about as much sense as my brother's insane cockatiel crooning, chuckling and whistling to his right foot.

Cricket - now you're talking - and the World Cup just about to start as well.

But I accept that it is an acquired taste - as is every sport. We presumably even have world champion tiddley winkers posting on the forum...perhaps. Or cheese rollers.... or conker-ers. Perhaps we should have an obscure sports thread? and then play them at Hetan's in July

#15 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:27 PM

hey....I've not gone, just been busy etc, but not too busy for F1, that IS a religion :p and I thought you weren't watching ever again Jen after Schummi left last year...

#16 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:53 PM

I try to stay away...I lasted about a grand total of 2hours before I restored all of my bookmarks lol. I'm still not over the treatment he got last year...but we'll give it a shot see how things go. There are some very promising new and exciting drivers this year. I'm especially interested in Kubica's progress.
I'm kinda bummed out though, this was the year that Kimi and gaylonso would go head to head in equal machinery but Massa's been destroying testing so far and Kimi has been mediocre compared to him. If Massa out paces Kimi then Kimi's rep is going to go down the toilet. And the possibility that he will outpacae kimi is clearly there, hell he was faster than Michael in quite a few of the 2nd half of the season.

But lets face it...what good is religion without ones God:(

@Morgoth - shut up...:p

#17 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:57 PM

Shiara said:

What's F1? Is it that car racing thing?

Ouch. Wrong thing to say to Folken, honey. :p

I might do it again. In my defense I was a regular to start with but everyone else on there knew what they were talking about and I had no clue...

When does the season start this year? My housemate is interested, and I think we might watch a fair bit of it round here...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#18 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:59 PM

March 16th is when the season officially begins. The race is on March 18th.

#19 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:44 PM

Jen said:

I try to stay away...I lasted about a grand total of 2hours before I restored all of my bookmarks lol.

HA!! I knew it wouldn't last...

to be honest I haven't been keeping up with testing developments over the winter, as time seems to be escaping me these days, but I can't wait for race weekend to start, only 15 days to go now (not that I'm counting them or anything :p)

I am looking forward to see how Lewis Hamilton does in the Mclaren, it could go either way, he'll either fall flat on his face, then we'll have everyone saying he came into F1 too soon or he's going to give Alonso a run for his money, my hopes pinned on the latter, Alonso needs taking down a peg or two :D

I'm also looking forward to see what will happen with Ferrari, and as you say Jen, it's gonna be interesting if Massa leaves Kimi eating his dust, I for one hope kimi's just haveing a few teething problems and pulls his finger out by the time he's going for a qualifying lap (anywhere infront of Alonso will do)

as for Renault, Williams and the rest...who knows...

#20 User is offline   williamjm 

• Sergeant

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:03 PM

Shiara;164090 said:

No sport can have as incomprehensible a discussion as cricket, Formula 1 just doesn't have the same range of bizarre terminology to compete. :p

to be honest I haven't been keeping up with testing developments over the winter, as time seems to be escaping me these days, but I can't wait for race weekend to start, only 15 days to go now (not that I'm counting them or anything )

I generally don't pay much attention to winter testing, since although it can give some indications of how good the various teams are, it can also be very misleading, there have been plenty of occasions in the past where teams have done well in pre-season testing but then had no pace at all once the series starts.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users