Malazan Empire: Anime! - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anime!

Poll: Anime! (67 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Yes, I love it! read manga as well. (17 votes [25.37%])

Percentage of vote: 25.37%

2. Yes, I watch anime, but I don't read manga. (30 votes [44.78%])

Percentage of vote: 44.78%

3. Nah, anime isn't my game... but I read manga. (3 votes [4.48%])

Percentage of vote: 4.48%

4. No way I'm watching all this japanease crap! (6 votes [8.96%])

Percentage of vote: 8.96%

5. I like boobies. (11 votes [16.42%])

Percentage of vote: 16.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 January 2007 - 02:28 PM

do you watch anime? :-)
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#2 User is offline   Dark Mac 

• Emperor

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:46 PM

Not since I was in high school, no.

#3 User is offline   Tif the Barber Boy 

• Captain

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:34 AM

Yes, but I'm finding less and less anime that is interests me over the years. Any recommendations?

#4 User is offline   Saccian 

• Sergeant

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:11 PM

I watch the odd thing that people recommend to me. It was hard not to pick the last choice though. I enjoyed the Berserk anime series(never read the Manga). Its incredibly violent and has a nice backstory, however the ending is a little crazy and I think annoyed some people.

#5 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:31 AM

Yes I watch anime whenever I can. Lately I've been watching trigun and bleach, run of the mill stuff as far as anime goes but still good for kicks. The best anime series I've watched to date has to be one of the rurouni kenshin movies. I'd recommend them to anyone.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#6 User is offline   blewin 

• High Fist

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:10 AM

yep, been watching anime for a while. There're some really good ones there, but also some that suck a lot. R Kenshin's one of the better ones. Others would be: hunter x hunter, twelve kingdoms, crest of the stars, mushishi, full metal alchemist. well, there're more, but these are the most impressive ones that I recall off the top of my head.

#7 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:23 PM

I like boobies. And not pixelated ones.

Have not been able to find any anime that insterests me since I was about 14.

Edit: So, I have been neg-repped, with the comment 'anime dosent even use pixels, moron'. And so, let us examine.

If I watch it on my pc... my CRT does, in fact, cause what I watch to be 'pixelated'.
If I watch it on my TV... my TV does, in fact, cause what I watch to be 'pixelated'.

So, again, I ask for people to THINK before they rep people, either positive or negative.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#8 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:07 PM

I've been watching less anime of late, probably because I've become more discerning with what I watch - following Ergo Proxy at the moment, since it intrigues me and the animation and concept are interesting. Some favourites are Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Bleach (until they started the Bountou story arc - booooring), Last Exile and a few movies like Beyond the Clouds, Howl's Moving Castle and Escaflowne the Movie. Full Metal Panic is always good for a laugh too.

Probably the best manga I've come across would be Fruits Basket - it's still ongoing, and so has more depth to it than the anime. Some characters are portrayed in a slightly different light too (Shigure comes across much more manipulative and vindictive), while others that are never even mentioned in the anime are introduced and weave a larger and more intricate tapestry of laughter and tears, joy and misery - gah, listen to me wax lyrical :D Suffice it to say, I've yet to come across a better written manga, though there are some with better artwork. Maybe I'm just a sucker for shoujo though :p
*casting the shaved knuckle*

#9 User is offline   Koryk of the Seti 

• Sergeant

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:15 PM

yeah i was a follower of bleach until the bounto story came along and distroyed it!! but there are new episodes now and things become very complex :p and guess wat......the bounty are gone YAY!

i also watch naruto(the fillers are pising me off so ive stoped watching it) FMA, KIBA, samurai champloo, one piece (the proper japenese version), beck, watched a bit of ergo proxy and trinity blood

and of course i read manga, GTO, get backers, lone wolf and cub and loads of others but they where the most recent
CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR

#10 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:52 PM

I voted that no i wouldn't watch anime or read manga.

I have never tried actually, but i don't have much time between relationships, education and other hobbies. Not that i would call either crap, i'm not really in the position to comment accurately.

#11 Guest_erisi236_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:48 PM

Anime, Manga AND Doujinshi (fan version of manga). It's all good in my eye. :p

#12 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:09 AM

erisi.......your avatar is quite disturbing......:p
anyway im a big fan of cowboy bebop, and hellsing but those are pretty obvious. Have been watching trinity blood wich is pretty good. Im actually struggling to get my hands on anime as downloading it is pretty much impossible for me because of bandwidth capping :D
Yet a fan i remain!
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#13 User is offline   The Crazy Mob 

• Sergeant

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:11 AM

if you think the avatar is disturbing seach ersi's posts in the hawt girl thread... (shudders)
I can't watch anime dunno why but i could never sit through an epsode.

#14 User is offline   blewin 

• High Fist

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:09 PM

CG in anime can make things so much richer! you could have seen Final Fantasy Advent Children, dktorode. Everything from setting to characters are 3D - human sized computer generated. Awesome.

#15 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:17 PM

I watch anime on and of atm, as I havent got the time to watch it, just bought gungrave off ebay looks cool, got Heat Guy J thats funny and good, watched - akira (classic), FMP, FMP:fomofu, FFAC, Ghost in the shell, Elfin Lied, Evangelion, lots of others.
Currently trying to get myself a box set of FMA does anyone now where i can get one ???

Cheers LG

#16 Guest_Jagged_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:56 PM

I watch it but never really got into Manga. Then again I never really read american comics either. I have to say I think FMA is the best anime series I have ever seen. I don't know where you could get a box set, box set of it. As far as I know it's one of those where they sell you a box with one of this disk for extra and you have to buy the other disk to put in the box. Needless to say it would cost you a shitload for the entire series as ther are 12 or 13 disk.

#17 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:34 PM

Jagged;154253 said:

I watch it but never really got into Manga. Then again I never really read american comics either. I have to say I think FMA is the best anime series I have ever seen. I don't know where you could get a box set, box set of it. As far as I know it's one of those where they sell you a box with one of this disk for extra and you have to buy the other disk to put in the box. Needless to say it would cost you a shitload for the entire series as ther are 12 or 13 disk.

OMG cheers anyway Jagged!

#18 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, I watch it all the time.

Recently I finally got Berserk, after a long, long, looooong time of waiting for it. And it has revitalized my love in Anime. althought the fact that they cut it short at 25 episodes instead of finishing it properly at 26, pissed me off immensely. It really deserved a proper ending.

Not to mention the soundtrack kicks so much ass.

I also delve into manga >_> I just ordered 20 volumes of selected things ... I am a nerd, yes.

Does anyone have recommendations of stuff that doesn't suck hard. Everyone keeps telling me "Naruto man!" or, "Bleach! Bleach is awesome!" That shit is for pansies, I can't stand it( No offense to the pussies who watch/read them ;)).

#19 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:34 PM

tokyo undergound is good, thats one i would recommend to see sometime and also gungrave if u like that kind of thing

#20 User is offline   blewin 

• High Fist

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:32 AM

sorry to contradict, but Tokyo Underground is only average. It's quite a cliche plot line and a cast of cliche characters.

what type of anime do you like, Trouble? that would narrow things a bit for you. What I like isn't necessary good in others' book. ;)

as for Bleach and Naruto, I totally despise Bleach. Naruto starts off pretty good, and has maintained the standard till the fillers started. I'm waiting for the anime to get back to the manga part and will start watching then!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users