• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Death wishes anyone?

#41 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:24 AM

We'll think that, and then Paran gets killed by a stray arrow and the next Master of the Deck turns out to be a Gadrobi herder or something.

Seriously though, nothing says that they'd survive the last book.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#42 User is offline   Mote 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:28 AM

Feather Witch? She's been through a lot, and I have a weakness for oracle-types.

I do feel the same about Tehol (and Pust and Kruppe) -- they produce witty dialogue more than they produce empathy, at least in this reader.

#43 Guest_potsherds_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:05 AM

Dolorous Menhir said:

Surely Quick Ben & Ganoes Paran are "essential" characters for the final battle against the CG? Almost any other character I can accept being written off as expendable, but don't those two need to live in order to triumph in the end?

You assume that the 'good side' triumphs.

#44 User is offline   Lorn 

• Captain

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:12 AM

Dolorous Menhir;136389 said:

Surely Quick Ben & Ganoes Paran are "essential" characters for the final battle against the CG? Almost any other character I can accept being written off as expendable, but don't those two need to live in order to triumph in the end?

Paran is probably safe I agree since he is the only Master of the Deck, but why should Quick Ben be essential? He is a powerful mage but there are so many other powerful mages, he is clever but you can't say there is a lack of other clever characters.

What has he done that noone else could have done? (On the world scale not just the bridgeburners and malazans) Your answer I expect would be Pannion and the fever of Burn. But do you really think the world would have ended without QB? That Rake, Brood, the T'lan Imass and the gods, including K'rul, Hood and Shadowthrone, couldn't have done anything about it? I think someone else would have stepped in instead, and someone will if he dies.

#45 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:42 PM

potsherds;136304 said:

And juding from what Kallor said, I think both Fiddler and Quick Ben are good candidates for who bites it this book around.

Fiddler? I can see Quick, his aura of invulnerability got a bit tarnished in TBH, and not just by getting battered by Icarium, but Fiddler seems to have been built up too much to die so soon.

Having said that, Fiddler's my favourite character ever, so maybe he will.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#46 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:33 PM

No doubt SE will do what he normally does: Find out who the most popular characters are and kill them, leaving the annoying ones to annoy me as I read...
So that's goodbye to Anomander Rake and Quick Ben... :D

If I could choose one person to kill of I would have to go with Kiska - I am currently rereading Night of Knives. I hate her... :folken:
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#47 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:25 PM

potsherds;136394 said:

You assume that the 'good side' triumphs.

Oh. Right.

I've never seen anyone say this before, so I'm going to go with:

Adjunct Tavore dies in Reaper's Gale. Without learning the true fate of Felisin.

#48 User is offline   Bl1nder 

• Fist

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:28 PM

Nonono Tavore dies AFTER she learns about Felisin, and then Felisin is waiting for her at Hood's gate, that would be nice
No one has mentioned her, so i have to, I wish Laseen would die, please?
I have stolen princesses from sleeping barrow kings
I have burned the town of Trebon
I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life
I was expelled from the University at a younger age most people are allowed in
I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during the day
I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make minstrels cry
You may have heard of me....

#49 User is offline   vaiski 

• High Fist

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:02 PM

Personally, I'd like to see one of the Tiste Eleint die.. time for one of the all-mighties to fall.

#50 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:52 PM

bwgan;136019 said:

Gardengnome I have to say that on this ocassion (prude as I am) swearing would be quite appropriate...I did say it was all about context...I think a poll or thread on how we would like to punish Kallor (:D *)for his merciless baiting is called for.

@Blind - Silverfox, why didn't I think of her...she has to be on the list!

(*Kallor hasn't got his own smiley has he? I suggest this one! Grr and gnashing of teeth noises)

We could just call him a c*nt. Cos he is. I mean he really is. There around 2000 members of this forum and around 10 know more than any one else. But on the whole Kallor is the biggest c*nt of them all. Atleast Malaclypse is helpful in eliminating pointless speculation.

#51 User is offline   buddhacat 

• Fist

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:02 AM

Tiam, that's got to be the dumbest thing anyone's written in this fourm. For shame.

Buddhacat

#52 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:02 AM

Well my beloved Ganoes is not dieing in this one thats all I care about *sigh* Neither is Rake which is also very good.
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#53 User is offline   GardenGnome 

• Emperor

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:05 AM

Wait, you're one of those who've read the book? Could you guys stop telling us what's in it? It's really ruining it for the rest of us :D

:D

#54 User is offline   borisapr 

• Recruit

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:25 AM

Surely it doesn't matter who dies, Mr Erikson will phase it in such a way that all will agree with the death as it will progress the story - and in the end that is what counts

#55 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:07 PM

GardenGnome;136574 said:

Wait, you're one of those who've read the book? Could you guys stop telling us what's in it? It's really ruining it for the rest of us :D

I haven't read the book...:Erm:...I mean I wish I had but I haven't...I just know its not Rake or Ganoes lol...and Chris just told us its not Rake...and to someone who asked if Rake would be in the novel or not, well the trend has been that if a character appears in the prologue and isn't dead then they will appear in the novel in some capacity.
GotM - Entire cast from prologue
DG - Entire cast
MoI - Entire cast
HoC - Only Trull (would've been odd if the others showed up)
MT - Ruin showed up
BH - Everyone except for that soldier that goes after Spite...I think atleast
THUS we should expect to see Rake and even Kilamandaros and Mael (as bugg)

and Illy stop wishing Paran gets killed by a stray arrow...cause I swear if that happens I'm coming after you first!
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#56 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:31 PM

not a problem ... from now on, not a single word from me on what may or may not be in the books ... but then again, i'm the biggest c*nt of all, so i may or may not go back on my word ... as a matter of fact, i couldn't care less about what anyone thinks of me, so i think i'll just keep on torturing those who visit here ...

and there are 3 people on this forum who 'know' more than everyone else ... hetan, malaclypse and myself, all advance readers for SE (oh, and bottle ... yes, morgoth, bottle ... and mason but they don't post)... there are a few more with whom i have shared snippets of info pertinent to their favourite elements of the stories: morgoth, jen, and simeon ... anyone else is lying.

#57 User is offline   Bl1nder 

• Fist

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:07 PM

Now now kids, keep it nice and friendly, or you can expect a spanking from Blindy!
Back on topic, seriously, cant they all just die? like brood uses that oversize hammer of his, and wakes Burn up
I have stolen princesses from sleeping barrow kings
I have burned the town of Trebon
I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life
I was expelled from the University at a younger age most people are allowed in
I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during the day
I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make minstrels cry
You may have heard of me....

#58 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:22 PM

Wow, Patch I didn't realise that... for what it is worth, thank you. :D If my computer let me, I would give you some good rep. :D

Plus I haven't properly been following this thread so I missed the part where you said Rake wasn't going to die. That puts me at ease... for now... :p

Oh and whoeever it was called you a c*nt is a retard. I wouldn't let them wind you up about it...
I know if I knew a lot more than anyone else I would leave tantalising hints about it. :D
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:30 PM

GardenGnome;136574 said:

Don't take everything that's said literally GG.... Kallor is the biggest tease going.

#60 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:36 PM

Hetan said:

Don't take everything that's said literally GG.... Kallor is the biggest tease going.

Tis always good to wind people up, innit. :D
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users