I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during the day
I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make minstrels cry
You may have heard of me....

#22 User is offline   Grimlock 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:41 AM

Dolorous Menhir;136058 said:

Jaghut don't seem to be unconscious or at rest in such prisons (well, Raest was, but Ganath managed to break out on her own whereas he couldn't, so I think she was under a different type of imprisonment).

I believe Raest were imprisoned by other Jaghut, while Ganath were imprisoned by T'lan Imass?

And concering cities... I don't think the Imass had any cities, at least what humans consider to be cities...? ( Something from a discussion about the First Empire )

#23 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:20 AM

Grimlock;136380 said:

I believe Raest were imprisoned by other Jaghut, while Ganath were imprisoned by T'lan Imass?

Raest was imprisoned by Jaghut and pre-Ritual Imass working together, such was the threat he presented to the world. But it's true, the sorceries that held him appeared to be Omtose Phellack-based rather than Tellann.

Presumably the imprisonment of Ganath was an Imass-only affair (she seems to have been a Jaghut in good standing with her own race, unlike Raest). So only Tellann sorceries would've been used to hold her, in combination with the guardian.

And concering cities... I don't think the Imass had any cities, at least what humans consider to be cities...? ( Something from a discussion about the First Empire )

I agree, the Imass appeared to be nomadic tribes while mortal, and the need for cities vanishes once you become an undead warrior race. Which is another reason why the "Ganath knew where human cities where because she remembers the locations of 300,000 year old Imass cities" argument is wrong.

#24 User is offline   Urko Crust 

• Lieutenant

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:55 PM

Dolorous Menhir;136153 said:

If you are talking about Ganath, Jimmy, before we see her in the main story of BH there's a chapter heading about her and two other Jaghut.

It was at the start of Chapter 8, page 321, and the other two Jaghut were Sarkanos & Ivindonos. They exchanged a few profundities on a battlefield, and that was about it.

I don't remember Ganath mentioning Phyrllis & Cynnigig after she meets Paran though.

She mentions phyrllis & cynnigig just before she gets killed by the KCNR when she is standing at the edge of the chasm she wishes they were whih her.
TBH ukTPB pg 572

#25 User is offline   flea 

• High Fist

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:01 PM

Why is Ganath even in the story? She looks like she will be important, then killed off. I'm sure other beings could have helped Ganoes.

For that matter, what about the ghosts with Aspalar? They just fall out of the narrative.

BH seems quite filled with these moments.

#26 User is offline   Jimmy 

• Lieutenant

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:17 AM

[quote name='flea;137745]Why is Ganath even in the story? She looks like she will be important' date=' then killed off. I'm sure other beings could have helped Ganoes.[QUOTE']

But she is important. She gave SE the seemless chance to introduce the Nahruk.

Another interesting thing is this,'K'Chain Che'Malle, a recollection stirred to life once more, after all this time. They had returned, then. But not the truly chaotic ones. No, not the Long-Tails. These were the others, servants of machines, of order in all it's brutality. Nah'ruk.'

Similar to the MD and Chaos storyline.

Here's something wayout, there. Nah'Ruk, MD's 1st children?

#27 User is offline   Asheroth 

• High Fist

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:18 AM

That one goes in Crazy Theories, Jimmy :D

#28 User is offline   Jimmy 

• Lieutenant

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:37 AM

Yep. I impressed myself with that one.

#29 User is offline   havenophear 

• Recruit

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:17 PM

Urko Crust, on 19 November 2006 - 05:55 PM, said:

<!--QuoteBegin-Dolorous Menhir;136153+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dolorous Menhir;136153)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If you are talking about Ganath, Jimmy, before we see her in the main story of BH there's a chapter heading about her and two other Jaghut.

It was at the start of Chapter 8, page 321, and the other two Jaghut were Sarkanos & Ivindonos. They exchanged a few profundities on a battlefield, and that was about it.

I don't remember Ganath mentioning Phyrllis & Cynnigig after she meets Paran though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

She mentions phyrllis & cynnigig just before she gets killed by the KCNR when she is standing at the edge of the chasm she wishes they were whih her.
TBH ukTPB pg 572

Question about that. When Ganath thinks that she wishes Phryllis & Cynnigig were with her, I thought about when Karsa met them and recall Cynnigig said that Phryllis had been speared when she was a but a babe. So was Ganath wishing Phryllis was there because she loved her, or was Cynnigig lying to Karsa about her being a babe? We know Cyn omitted to Karsa about the spear piercing the remains of an Azath.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users