• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Betrayal

#41 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:04 AM

tiam;128966 said:

YEh Apt that what me an hetanare on about. RUins swords were shattered by the matrons deathcry. But surely the description of an 'overlong knife' means a normal Edur knife. Also that Rhulads sword contains the shards of dagger that scabby used to stab ruin with is more appropriate than shards from Ruins swords

The dagger Scabby used on Ruin was never shattered though, presumably it was left either in Ruin's back in the Azath, or with Scabby's body. Rhulad's sword is clearly made from Silchas Ruin's broken weapons - and I think it's more appropriate that the sword that has enslaved the Emperor and his race be made from a victim of Edur betrayal, than that it be made from the instrument of that betrayal.

#42 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:46 AM

And considering Withal thinks they were broken blades shows there was more than one involved. Hence, Silchas's swords, not Scabby's lone dagger.
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

#43 User is offline   The Rope 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:33 AM

he mentions the shards seem to be from an overlong knife - but the design may be quite different from what withal is used to, and therefore he could make an erroneous judgement on what it came from... no?

#44 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:26 PM

It was mentioned by Wither (i think) that Rhulad's sword gave him command of the Andii wraiths. That would reinforce the case for the shards being from Sil's sword, since he commanded the live Andii (but then again, could also be Scabby's knife, for having started the betrayal that caused the Andii deaths by the Edur - tho i think it unlikely).

- Abyss, needs a cushion for that fence sitting.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:43 PM

*sigh*
tiam .... It's Silchas' twin blades... as I've said before, and in the scene that Illuyankas and I have both referred to, he speculates on why the Crippled God collected the pieces that were shattered by the Matrons death cry. ... and I won't tell you again! ;)

Edit : just found the bit...
‘They were shattered,’ the Betrayer said. ‘Long ago. Fragments scattered across a battlefield. Why would anyone want them? Those broken shards can never be reunited. They are, each and every one, now folded in on themselves. So, I wonder, what did he do with them?’

#46 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:38 AM

*bows head and shuffles uncomfortably

OK... i suppose..seen as its written down... *mumbles about how all mods hate him* but there was evidnece against it.

Tiam- loves going against the facts copyright Abyss 2006

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users