• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are Shadowthrone and Cotillion Doomed?

#1 Guest_TheEdgewalker_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:14 PM

From the Prologue:

She cocked her head. ?I mean to drive the pretenders from the realm -- if Kurald Emurlahn must die, then let it do so on its own.?
?In other words, you want to leave the Throne of Shadow unoccupied.?
?Yes.?

This is an excerpt from the dialogue between Kilamandoros and Rake. It appears that she is advising Rake that she is going after ST and the Rope. She is quite a badass, so what does that mean for the two lovable godlings?

#2 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:20 PM

...the prologue happend a kagillion years before Shadowthrone and Cottillion took the Throne of Shadow...

They weren't even BORN yet.
She was refering to the feral dragons and soletaken that were in the relam fighting for the throne as with the three dragons we encounter in Bonehunters that Dancer has a conversation with:)
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#3 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 02 September 2006 - 11:28 PM

What he said. They were clearly discussing the contemporary pretenders, people like the dead dragons and other unknowns.

This conversation occured well over 300,000 years before Kellanved and Dancer were born.

edit: I thought this thread would be about Kettle, the character who actually threatens Shadowthrone's hold over Shadow.

#4 User is offline   MUC1 

• Recruit

Posted 02 September 2006 - 11:57 PM

Plus, Shadowthrone doesn't even sit the throne of shadow that they're talking about.

#5 User is offline   philospher77 

• Captain

Posted 03 September 2006 - 12:52 AM

Although, it does raise an interesting question. If ST and Cot really do intend to gain control of many of the warrens, including KE, Kilmandaros might object. That might get a bit hairy.

#6 Guest_TheEdgewalker_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:13 AM

I guess I really meant what philosopher said, though my present tense context may have made it sound otherwise- what I meant was what does that mean for the two of them now, with that as a backdrop?

#7 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:05 AM

It means nothing, they are in control of Shadow for now, and they will not relinquish the control to the Edur, neither would anyother ascendant wish the Edur to have control. If Shadow is to have a ruler, it may as well be ST.

As for their plans to sit their holy asses on every throne out there (which is still speculation on Cutter and Apsalar's part, but somewaht confirmed by Cottillion in BH) those have taken a back seat, as they deal with the threat of the Crippled God (confirmed by Cottilion in his conversation with Mappo about the elementals).
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#8 User is offline   GardenGnome 

• Emperor

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:21 AM

I just imagined a conversation between Kilmandaros and ST. Somehow I doubt Killy would be amused by STs extremely long sentences and confusing structuring... RAGE!

But we might very well see Kilmandaros meet atleast with Cotillion (who is more of a peoples person... errr... god...), seeing as she's (finally) introduced in the prolouge, and the events in the prolouge are always tied in with the story in some way. However, what Kilmandaros will do is anyone's guess... Also, this will hopefully shed more light on the Edgewalker character.

#9 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:39 AM

Kilamadaros has been MIA for the whole current story going on in the malaz world. Im inclined to think that We wont be seeing her again.
Maybe in the form of what Krul has projected but nothing more.

#10 User is offline   GardenGnome 

• Emperor

Posted 03 September 2006 - 12:36 PM

So has Mael, with the exception of his reluctant appearance in MT. We might very well see her, but we might just again not. I hope we do.

However, how many elder gods are there still around? In MoI prolouge it says that Krul, Draconus and SCN are the three last elder gods - "The three - last of the elder" (MoI, p. 36) - but then we have the wolves (who are even older), Mael etc, so that clearly isn't true. Or it could mean that Mael, as an elder god is actually young, and appeared after K'rul and co met with Kallor.

#11 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:49 PM

Theres also Ardata whos on the same continent and is an EG. They dont sense her which makes beleive that many EG are alive but dont want to be found and used the Fall as a cover.

However KIL is an odd one. She can hardly go around as a human given her obvious bulk (unless its her soetaken form) so likely shes been killed or has faded away

#12 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:14 PM

huh ?

where did it say Ardata was elder ?

#13 User is offline   GardenGnome 

• Emperor

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:26 PM

Nowhere, as far as I can remember. It might be vaguely hinted at in her conversation with Mappo, but I doubt it...

Let's check!

Oh lookie, I didn't quite pick up this part when I read BH:
"'Are you an Elder Goddess? I believe I know you...' He gestured. 'This vast web, the unseen pattern amidst seeming chaos. Shall I name you?'
'Best you did not.'"
(BH page 399)
This gives further proof of there being rather a lot more Elder Gods around than we know of so far - but let's get back on the topic, whatever the topic was.

#14 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:29 PM

The original topic has been debunked as seen by the second post..
Just follow whatever the rest of the thread was going on about..

Anyways, As much as I dont think Killy is around I certainly wouldnt mind seeing someone that cool pop up again and lay some serious smackdown on someone..

#15 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:36 PM

Mappo spoke with someone believed to be Ardata during his healing in BH. It was implied she was Elder, but it also seemed to me that there was some confusion over where maybeArdata was exactly.

edit: and when I say where, I mean in what time period. maybeArdata seemed to still be living (hiding?) in the time of the Kallorian Empire, or very shortly afterward.

#16 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:21 PM

You know, the idea that Kilamandros might come back and kick ST and cotillion off the throne of shadow isnt that unlikely, Edgewalker has said that during his reign there have been many pretenders to the throne of shadow, all of whom have fallen, and goes on to mention that none of them have thought to ask WHY the throne was empty...

Perhaps it's empty because when kilamandros finds out, in whatever realms she's in, she comes back and boots them off the throne, leaving the pretenders as another prisoner in the realm of shadow.

ST and cotillion have only been on the throne for a blink of an eye for the moment in the terms of the elders gods, 12 years isn't long, perhaps kilamandros will realise and come stroming back and teach the pretenders a lesson...

I wouldn't be suprised if SE had kilamandros come back at a critical time for ST and C, and mess up some of there carefully laid plans...

#17 User is offline   Whelp 

• Fist

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:57 AM

GardenGnome;111341 said:

Or it could mean that Mael, as an elder god is actually young, and appeared after K'rul and co met with Kallor.

Imho, this is highly unlikely - especially since Mael has been around long before Kallor (MT prologue, for example), and is referred to as an Elder already then.

#18 User is offline   Dragnipurake 

• Captain

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:48 PM

ST never risks direct confrontation. If kilmandaros coomes to take out ST, i doubt she will be a match for his genius.

#19 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:28 AM

I maybe missing something here so I apologise for any and all ignorance on my behalf.

It's just that, if Kilamandoros didn't want the Throne of Shadow occupied thousands of years ago isn't it likely that she still doesn't want it to be occupied - by anyone? Just because she was originally speaking of the dragons and soletaken doesn't mean that she would be happy for ST to take the throne either.

So, isn't it possible that TheEdgewalker's original question regarding ST and the Rope being doomed has some possibility behind it?

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#20 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:51 AM

Kilmandaros is MIA in the main timeline. I doubt she'll suddenly pop up if/when ST makes a move for the true Shadow Throne - which, we should note, he has already seized control of, even if he hasn't sat on it yet (debatable).

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users