• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Drift Avali

#21 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:45 AM

I think of it as -ross, so yeah. I wonder what Kallor and SE's take on it is?

At least it's not Kilmandavros... [/nerd]
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#22 User is offline   Dark Mac 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:40 AM

We've used Killy several times before, and it fits the best with the original name. I can't think of any (good) reason to stop using it.

#23 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:56 AM

Illy dont like it. Thats why KIL is the best. The letters are all next to each other and everything. Also i pronounce it Ross so Rosie is weird

#24 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:48 PM

"Elders! Meet the Elders!
They're the elemental family!
From the true beginning,
they're a chapter out of history.

Let's ride with the Elders down the street
While the younger gods prepare a treat!

When you're with the Elders,
Have a pint of your best blood near,
some of your blood near,
You'll need a lot of blooood!"

*sorry*
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#25 User is offline   Midnight 

• Captain

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:10 AM

Lol, well I hate to interrupt the name discussion with another thought but...what if the sleeper beneath Drift Avali was the Tyrant of Darujhistan?

#26 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:39 AM

Well, I don't have any objection to that, but on the other hand what support is there for it.

Why would Darist fear the Tyrant, why would it be on Drift Avalii, why would it be "the Tyrant" singular when there was a line of Tyrant Kings?

I liked Scabby for it because he was intimately connected with Andarist and the Throne of Shadow, but the Tyrant of Darujhistan? We're not even sure if such an individual exists.

#27 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:54 AM

What if its KIL? I mean she an immortal presence that if awoken would likely result in alot of death (given most peoples belief of her being the goddess of the FA). Also it makes sense for her to be there. She wants the Throne empty so she sleeps under neath it like burn so to speak. This actually makes sense. Rake has mgicked it so it cannot be moved and KIL is waiting. The minute someone sits on the throne she wakes up

#28 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:12 AM

Kilmadaros being inside DA actually sounds like a cool idea, only I would think she would not wait for someone to sit on the throne, rather that she would rise if any one neared the throne and clubber them. Of course she could have been weakened in the attempts to heal or protect the fragments of Emurlahn and therefor sleeps under DA.

I still prefer to think she's inside Kettle. That would indeed give Ruin a reason to fear Kettle coming to power.

#29 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:46 AM

Christ everyones inside kettle.

Maybe she just waits for someone to sit on the throne then gets up to keep it empty. I mean technically her and ST are allies. He wants the throne empty so no one can use it against him and she wants it empty becaue she just does i think we dont actually know. SO it makes sesne that KIL is the immortal presence

#30 User is offline   tjc52 

• Sergeant

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:34 PM

Hasn't shadowthrone claimed the throne on drift avalii? Wasn't he sat on it during his illusion thing when the dur saw the throne having been destroyed? Not got my copy with me, but i seem to remember that.

Also, from what Darist says, the presence doesn't seem to be linked to the throne, otherwise it would surely have been awoken by any of the battles near the throne, by the presence of cotillion, or shodowthrone, or the shadow demons, or the edur, or even traveller. He implies that it is more to do with the inside of the island, where he meets cutter, and that once they left that part of the complex, they didn't have to worry about waking whoever/whatever it is.

#31 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:18 PM

I dont think he was sitting on it although i cant remember. i dont think KIl would be bothered about battles on the island. She would only act if someone was sitting on it and therefore using its power. St may have claimed it but he hasnt got it yet if you ee what i mean. He has neutralised the threat

#32 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:52 PM

As far as I could see there was no reference to ST actually sitting on the throne in drift avali, standing next to it yes, but not sitting.

#33 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:21 PM

Could be another one of those ever popular bound FAs stuck under a rock.
Could be another entity who tried to control Shadow and was bound by Rake like the three dragons.
Could still be Scabby - a lot can happen in a few hundred thousand years.
Could be another EG we haven't seen yet.

- Abyss, could'a, would'a, should'a...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#34 User is offline   tjc52 

• Sergeant

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:56 PM

Just re-read the passage. Shadowthrone "steps free" of the throne once the edur are gone. Bit ambiguous as to whether he was stood next to it, or sat on it.

#35 User is offline   Coldnight 

• Corporal

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:13 PM

To occupy the throne, and to sit for a while to hide it are different things :D.

#36 User is offline   Midnight 

• Captain

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:21 AM

I think the idea of Kilamandaros being under Drift Avali is cool but didn't Darist say "him"?

#37 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:13 AM

I dont actually remember. TBH it could have said he but then again weve had sex changes before (orfantal)

#38 Guest_Vutuwe_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 30 September 2006 - 04:17 PM

Sick.

#39 User is offline   Xaspian 

• Sergeant

Posted 30 September 2006 - 05:16 PM

In TBH glossary, Kilmandaros is called "An Elder God"...

#40 User is offline   Tiger_sword 

• First Sword

Posted 30 September 2006 - 05:49 PM

I really like the idea that KIL is under DA. The "him" reference is the only downer i guess. As for the finnest, i like the idea that its with Iccarium. i'm sure that we have come across it or we will in RG before it is revealed as a finnest. I think i'm gonna reread MT and see if anything pops out.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users