Malazan Empire: As per Kallor's request: The 'How Old Are You Poll' - Malazan Empire

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

As per Kallor's request: The 'How Old Are You Poll'

Poll: As per Kallor's request: The 'How Old Are You Poll' (295 member(s) have cast votes)

1. 18 and younger (50 votes [16.95%])

Percentage of vote: 16.95%

2. 19-24 (109 votes [36.95%])

Percentage of vote: 36.95%

3. 25-29 (55 votes [18.64%])

Percentage of vote: 18.64%

4. 30-35 (34 votes [11.53%])

Percentage of vote: 11.53%

5. 35-39 (19 votes [6.44%])

Percentage of vote: 6.44%

6. 40+ (28 votes [9.49%])

Percentage of vote: 9.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:55 PM

Kallor!

I seriously disliked that guy, regularly dropping tidbits about as yet unreleased books.

Git.

And Apt, it's not just the Inn that's quieter. Log onto any busy forum that's been around long enough, I guarantee you there's going to be people harking back to the 'glory days' of '06-08 / 07-09 / 02-04 / whatever.

So, is it down to a general 'taming' / 'maturing' of people online, or simply rose tinted glasses?

Probably a bit of both.
meh. Link was dead :(

#142 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:16 AM

View Postamphibian, on 05 February 2015 - 05:03 AM, said:

And I definitely saw this thread in my lurking days before I signed up and passed on it.

The Phoenix Inn is a better, less riotous place these days.

RIP The Watching Trickster Pub.

I can't believe I've fucking been here for nigh on 7 years. I consider myself a veteran but that's bordering on Old Guard. Although, I suppose only those who were here under the auspices of the First Anomander are the true Old Guard, yeah?
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#143 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:46 AM

Holy shit. I've spent half my life on this forum...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#144 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:27 AM

View PostGothos, on 06 February 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

Holy shit. I've spent half my life on this forum...

You'll be rewarded in rep and imaginary fake euros? You're rich in I told yah's? Huzzah?
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#145 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 05 February 2015 - 11:55 PM, said:

Kallor!

I seriously disliked that guy, regularly dropping tidbits about as yet unreleased books.

Git.

And Apt, it's not just the Inn that's quieter. Log onto any busy forum that's been around long enough, I guarantee you there's going to be people harking back to the 'glory days' of '06-08 / 07-09 / 02-04 / whatever.

So, is it down to a general 'taming' / 'maturing' of people online, or simply rose tinted glasses?

Probably a bit of both.

The thread will hit an event horizon when all our kids start to resurrect our old accounts and realize what immature forces of chaos sired them. I for one have nothing to hide but some of you....
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#146 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:04 PM

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 06 February 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

The thread will hit an event horizon when all our kids start to resurrect our old accounts and realize what immature forces of chaos sired them. I for one have nothing to hide but some of you....

That's what you think. Most of my excesses disappeared in one of the forum moves/wipes along with my original username.

Still, we lost some good stuff too. The thread where we arranged the raids on the yearded one's forum, amongst many others.

As for Gothos - yup. like i mentioned in my 20 questions bit, its quite odd having seen you (and Tiste, and Brood, and a fair few others) go from (occasionally) pissed off teenager to (somewhat) mature adult.
meh. Link was dead :(

#147 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:51 AM

Ignore my join date, it's at least a year later than the real date. Which I can't quite remember ...

To put things into perspective, I was still in my 20s when I joined. Just. I'm now about to turn 43.

Shit. :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#148 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:23 AM

HoosierDaddy said:

1423181779[/url]' post='1171398']

amphibian said:

1423112633[/url]' post='1171270']
And I definitely saw this thread in my lurking days before I signed up and passed on it.

Man, we had some good nights fueled by whiskey and old school hip hop in the Pub. But the chat feature pretty much killed it.

I'm 35, btw. Almost to my prime!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#149 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified
  • Cheating Hood since 1955

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:11 PM

I'll be sixty-one in October. Does that make me the oldest old codger on the site?
I find it delicious that all the young people on page one of this topic are now 10 years older than they were then. ;)
What is not forbidden is mandatory.

#150 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:52 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 23 February 2015 - 02:23 AM, said:

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 06 February 2015 - 12:16 AM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 05 February 2015 - 05:03 AM, said:

Man, we had some good nights fueled by whiskey and old school hip hop in the Pub. But the chat feature pretty much killed it.

I'm 35, btw. Almost to my prime!

40!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#151 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:23 AM

47 :(
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#152 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:59 AM

Have you turned into a grizzled veteran yet?

#153 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:35 PM

Have you not seen my references to the more-salt-than-pepper facial and head hair?

Skin-wise however, I do moisturise. There's no need to be silly about it after all ...

And technically, come to think of it I actually am a veteran. Huh.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users