• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Release Dates

#41 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 August 2006 - 12:53 AM

Well, if it makes you guys feel any better, I'm already on the wrong side of 30!:)

Patrick
www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#42 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:00 PM

Btw, the release date for Reaper's Gale has changed on Amazon in the last few days to 2 April 2007. The mass-market paperback edition of The Bonehunters has also appeared, to be released on the same day. I'm guessing this will be the final date, then. Circle the day in your calendars, people!

According to Amazon as well, Night of Knives will be released on 7 May 2007 as a hardcover :confused: , ISBN 0593057813. Ominously, they don't have Return of the Crimson Guard listed yet, suggesting Bantam haven't issued a firm release date for it.

(currently redoing a lot of the MBF Wiki pages, hence the sudden interest in release dates and editions)
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#43 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:03 PM

While that does sound quite plausible in regards to what Amazon believes the Realese dates to be.
Their History in Regards to another certain author will leave me a little sceptical on what Amazon put out in regards to release dates. Unless someone like say Kallor confirms this or the publisher says otherwise, I wont completely trust those just yet. Not until we are about closer to the date anyway.

#44 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:12 PM

Amazon's release dates are generally quite unreliable until the publisher makes an announcement. However, since we've had confirmation of the book's general release date (March-April next year) and since Amazon's date also coincides with the pb of TBH, I'd say it's quite reliable. As for, NoK and RotCG, who knows?

Btw, has anyone else noticed that Malazanempire.com is now regarded as the 'official' Erikson website with links from Transworld Bantam's homepage and even on the back cover of TBH? How cool is that?
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#45 User is offline   vaiski 

• High Fist

Posted 20 August 2006 - 03:41 PM

Werthead;107546 said:

Btw, has anyone else noticed that Malazanempire.com is now regarded as the 'official' Erikson website with links from Transworld Bantam's homepage and even on the back cover of TBH? How cool is that?

All thanks to our dear Hetan :)

#46 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:55 PM

That was up for sometime now, before Hetan yelled at them for putting it in the book. The site has been linked from SE's transworld homepage ever since I began this series, so perhaps even earlier. But it was Hetan who got it at the back cover...positive rep all round for her!
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#47 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:12 AM

as indicated at the beginning of the prologue, the release date for reaper's gale in the commonwealth is april, 2007

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:13 PM

An email from Bantam today - confirms NoK in May 2007 and a date of May 2008 for Return of the Crimson Guard, subject to all re-writes, editing etc being completed :(

There are also gonna be some re-vamped covers apparently - by Steve Stone.. and Simon's promised to email them over when ready.

#49 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:11 AM

Hmmm.. maybe we could sick Abyss on the publishers with a spoon in his hands?

I'll follow in his wake... BRRAAAIIINNZZZ...

#50 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:49 AM

Sigh. This is why I like to start a series after it is already completed. I have no patience for this waiting.
Error: Signature not valid

#51 User is offline   GaesII 

• Fist

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:21 PM

Kallor;108974 said:

as indicated at the beginning of the prologue, the release date for reaper's gale in the commonwealth is april, 2007

Right...so that gives me time to read the all prior works......again!!:p:D

#52 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

you know what...Malazan is going to cost me a **** load of money in the first half of 2007

Night of Knives - Bantam Hardcover - approx $31 CDN
Reaper's Gale - Bantam Hardcover - approx $35
Reaper's Gale - Bantam Trade - approx $30
Midnight Tides - TOR Hardcover - approx $30
Bonehunters - Bantam MMPB - approx $12 (might not get this)

...so dear god it's gonna break my wallet
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#53 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:26 PM

An entire $126 on books? You never read anything else anyway, and I easily spend that on books that period of time...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#54 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:08 PM

hey hey i started Locke okay and I read thing...pedrido street station...not my fault SE has ruined me ...lol

#55 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:41 PM

Keep telling people and they might start to believe you in a year or two:p
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#56 User is offline   Danforth 

• Captain

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:48 AM

@ Hetan

Is that a revamp of the Bantam NoK cover?

iirc there was a cover posted on the forum for NoK that had "A Tale of the Malaz", they really need to change that...

Posted 22 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

Looks like the whole lot...

"Meanwhile, we're reworking/refreshing Steve E's covers - making them less fussy, focusing on a single/iconic image (still using the brilliant Steve Stone) and, I hope, giving them a more contemporary/ mainstream feel."

I can hear Jen'isand screaming already :p

#58 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 22 September 2006 - 04:40 PM

Folken demands u tell simeon that he is to n...Folken is going to go sit in a corner, calm himself and then return.

*sigh*
What's wrong with the current covers? If I seem to recall correctly, a lot of those that posted in the "what got you started" thread in GotM citied that it was the covers.
http://www.malazanem...read.php?t=5764 - yes I'm right the 1st two pages mostly give credit to the covers

I was not at all impressed with their cover change for Bonehunters, it was pointless and made no sense. You really should show bantam that thread...if they go mainstream people might just pass them over. The covers are the sole reason I even picked up these books.

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:19 PM

Re : The Nok cover ....

This is a rough cover - on the finished thing it will say 'A Novel of the Malazan Empire'...

#60 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:27 PM

Folken will never understand the halls of the marketting department...ever...

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users