• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Release Dates

#1 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:26 PM

For those of you curious to know when your next Steven Erikson books will be hitting stores.

EDIT/Update: 04 March 2008

Toll of the Hounds - Middle of 2008 or toward the end if you live in the US

For the first installment in Ian Cameron Esslemonts 5 book series.
Book 1 Return of the Crimson Guard the PS Publishing limited edition of RotCG will be available before the end of the year.

For those who are unfamiliar as to who Ian Cameron Esslemont is follow this link. http://www.malazanem...read.php?t=4136

To help support this site you can order the books via the links we provide to Amazon and Clarksworld.

#2 Guest_Saint Chains_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:56 AM

Thanks for that HUME, at least now I can start a countdown. Oh, and is that March date for Australia as well, because it got to the day before T he Bonehunters came out, I was all excited, and then I learned to my despair that I'd have to wait another 2 months!!! And ordering online just wasn't an option at that time.

Anyway, thanks again, looking forward to it.

Oh and yeah, thanks to Pat as well. Nice work.

#3 User is offline   Astra 

• Sony Reader PRS-650
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:45 PM

Thanks for the info.

Just a small addenum regarding Night of Knives.
The hardback will be published by Bantam in 2007 (in the UK).
Here is a post:
http://www.malazanempire.com/forums/showpo...70&postcount=50
Only Two Things Are Infinite, The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm Not Sure About The Former.
Albert Einstein

#4 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:52 PM

TOR's release dates for the future books are likely to depend on how fast Bantam dishes them out. If they continue their trend of one novel per year, I figure that we should see a Malazan novel by TOR every 9 months or so, up to Reapers Gale atleast. They might have caught up after that

Midnight Tides - April/May 2006
Bonehunter - Jan/Feb 2007
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#5 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:15 PM

Midnight Tides will be April/May 2007, with Bonehunters following in January/February 2008, by which time we may be close to the UK/Canada release of Toll the Hounds. Based on the current schedule, the US won't catch up until the release of Book 10.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#6 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:08 PM

gawd.. Read reapers gale, discuss it through and through, and just as we start getting repetition of threads, RotCG comes to the rescue :)

Besides, SE supposedly said he watns to do another B&B novel in 2007
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#7 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:57 PM

well if all goes as planned we'll get two mainstream malazan novels in 2008. So that should be a wonderful treat:D
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#8 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:25 AM

but...the release date was today, wasn't it? oh...that's right...it was the release date for book 4 of reaper's gale for me...hmmm...man, do i have a lot of reading to do...

#9 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:30 AM

Your taunts will not effect me, for I only see this as progress, and that it's one more day gone until I can read it. In fact, that's such good news, I take back my threat to skin you and use your skin to make a leather sofa! I don't care what they say about you Kallor, you're alright.

*happy dance* :banana:
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#10 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:09 PM

Has SE finished RG then? Since Bantam have announced the publication date for it...

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."

#11 Guest_Saint Chains_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:26 PM

@ Werthead - He probably finished it a while ago, you know how these things are. In fact, knowing SE, he's probably well into Toll the Hounds by now.

#12 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:34 AM

Last check, which was probably 2 months back, he had like 4 chapters left to go. And if The Twisted One is getting Book 4 soon, then it would be fair to assume that SE is done writing the novel.

#13 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:50 AM

Cheers for that Info kallor..

It'd be good to hear an opinion on how the book has gone too.

#14 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:02 PM

rg was finished earlier this week...but i haven't started it yet as i am in the middle of david keck's 'in the eye of heaven', a great story in its own right.

#15 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:07 PM

Thats Gold !

Reapers Gale finished now eh..
now its just off to the publishers or whoever has to read the drafts first.

Cheers Once again !

#16 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:59 PM

Kallor said:

rg was finished earlier this week...but i haven't started it yet as i am in the middle of david keck's 'in the eye of heaven', a great story in its own right.

Let me guess. Erikson waited two, nearly three minutes, then started work on Toll the Hounds?

#17 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:43 PM

How long does it take to make a cup of tea?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#18 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:49 PM

Dude, wouldn't you start right after on the new one?

Hell, I would...

One night of beer drinking with my pals and then back to it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#19 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:59 PM

Can you imagine...he's probably penning down the first few words of Toll the Hounds already...and The Twisted One is probably just going to wait a few months to read it.

#20 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:27 PM

lmao...se is taking at least a 4 day break...to attend the winnipeg folk festival...

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users