• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Particular Scene?

#21 User is offline   Sirhas 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:45 PM

MoI : Tool in front of the walls of Coral. "The time had come for the First Sword of the T'lan Imass to announce himself"

TBH : Trull and Icarium fighting. A shroud of shadows surrounds Trull's spear.

#22 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 03 June 2006 - 08:05 PM

Anomander Rake, on top of Moon's Spawn, his sorceries raining down on the Malazan Armies outside of Pale. Beautiful stuff! :(
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#23 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:04 AM

The most amazing scene I can envision is the fight between the seguleh and the k'chain chemail. Why I think that is theres that feeling of vibrant activity throughought that scen capturing it the right way would take skillz.

BTW I agree with Tiste's Post but can't make sense of his sig...
*Reads sig...suspiciosly eyes a ginger biscuit*
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#24 Guest_FrenchyFan_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:14 AM

The BridgeBurners goint out of Coral with Rake.

Iktovian burial.

MoonSpawn going out of the sea at Coral.

#25 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:18 PM

apsalar standing up against the hounds of shadow in poliel's temple:)

you could draw crokus standing across from cutter with apsalar standing behind with a look of sorrow on her face.

#26 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:14 PM

drinksinbars said:

you could draw crokus standing across from cutter with apsalar standing behind with a look of sorrow on her face.

That is such a cool Idea :eek:.

I think Another cool image would be laseen playing tavore like a puppet thats about to cut its strings, as that happens the jhistal priest ties bloody strings on laseen.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#27 User is offline   dessembrae 

• Lieutenant

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:59 PM

why not try when caladan brood faces off with kruppe. Such a significant moment surrounding kruppe and the obvious prowess he has

#28 User is offline   dessembrae 

• Lieutenant

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:01 PM

Or for a really disturbing image. The chain of dogs on Aren way when all the victims and heboric are pinned against the trees. Scale is definitely key there

#29 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:07 PM

you mean duiker? that would be a harrowing scene for sure, like the end of spartacus when the army is cruxified.

#30 User is offline   dessembrae 

• Lieutenant

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:02 PM

oops ah meant duiker.

these damn historians.

#31 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:32 PM

How about Paran and Quick on the roof of the Seer's palace in MoI, with Moon's Spawn rising out of the water behind them?

Also love the idea of having Tool standing outside of Coral, ready to "announce himself".

Or Karsa facing off with the two Deragoth with Quick and Kalam watching.
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

#32 User is offline   Sty 

• Recruit

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:55 PM

Have you finished any Malazan-inspired paintings to date?
I'd love to see them, any of the scenes described sounds awesome done as an oil painting, too bad I'm to cheap and lazy to try and learn oil painting myself.. :p :)

#33 User is offline   Varan 

• Sergeant

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:42 AM

where tavore and felsin battle, with the malazan legions as a back drop?

and really like

Korlat beneath a raining Moon's Spawn, amidst the carnage of Black Coral.

it'd be cool if you manage to get the monarths last charge in that picture as well,

#34 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:56 PM

toc losing his eye:)

#35 User is offline   Falcdragon 

• Recruit

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:44 PM

Gruntle on top of the building surrounded and full of bodies in Capustan.

Tayschrenn vs Rake at Pale. (Tayschrenns on a hill out side the city with the army around him with Rake on Moons spawn above the city while they're fighting with sorcery.)

#36 User is offline   Kurt Montandon 

• First Sword

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:36 PM

Sty said:

Have you finished any Malazan-inspired paintings to date?
I'd love to see them, any of the scenes described sounds awesome done as an oil painting, too bad I'm to cheap and lazy to try and learn oil painting myself.. ;) :D

Minor Update:

Due to other concerns - unemployment, moving 200 miles, etc. - I'm a bit behind on this. I have a scene that I worked on last night of the Crippled God in his tent, by himself, which should be finished soon. Mostly, I'm working on sales-friendly paintings (i.e., stuff I can sell to the public at large) and commissioned work. Also, I have absolutely no experience at painting or drawing people, so I figure working on fan-art would be good practice. But it means the quality is likely to suffer.

In any case, hopefully I'll have a few paintings done by the end of summer. I've considered doing some GRRM scenes, but there haven't been many in ASoIaF that interested me.

#37 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:46 PM

Sounds awesome, good luck with it all.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#38 User is offline   deegee 

• Sergeant

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:57 PM

Wow all those ideas sound great to me. What about Karsa fighting with Icarium? With Mappo looking on in book 4. Another scene I liked was when Pearl revealed himself to Kalam on board a sailship and stabbed him in the back (if I remember right) and dumped him overboard. Also, what about Caladan Brood smashing his hammer to the ground in anger at Kruppe but Kruppe standing his ground, in front of a great chasm where the hammer hit? Since Ganoes is the main character (well in my view) why not at least start off with some scene to do with him and another key character. There are too many to mention but maybe one with him and Whiskeyjack like someone else mentioned would look pretty cool. It's all up to you though. You should do it for your own enjoyment first and that will translate well onto canvas and your viewers will then enjoy it. Well that's my philosophy anyway. Good luck man...

#39 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:42 PM

What about Osserc holding his son L'oric in his hands just before they fled the Whirlwind Warren?:cool:
And one by one the gardens died

#40 User is offline   Kurt Montandon 

• First Sword

Posted 20 July 2006 - 05:42 PM

deegee said:

Since Ganoes is the main character (well in my view) why not at least start off with some scene to do with him and another key character.

Actually, something I'm going to get to very soon is to do a couple of cards from the Deck of Dragons - and do them on small, 5"x7" canvas boards (somewhat different from actually canvases); just as soon as I find out where I packed them away during my move - I had a half dozen. The Master of the Deck card with Paran on it was going to be the first I did.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users