• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your Favorite Character in Book 1

#161 User is offline   Trotts 

• Barghast Sapper-Wannabe
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:31 AM

I would be quite amazed if Cotillion or Shadowthorne died. I gotta agree, Cotillion is a really really cool character, especially in latter books. I think, as a God, he develops quite well, and seems almost like a foil to Shadowthorne.

I was gonna try to put a response in french too, but it seems that the 10 years of french I got in school have all escaped me haha! 3 years without any french class and I've completly forgotten everything. Well almost everything, I remember important words like "vache" or "grenouille" or "la pomplamousse!"

#162 Guest_Lily_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 12 June 2006 - 12:10 PM

Trotts said:

I would be quite amazed if Cotillion or Shadowthorne died. I gotta agree, Cotillion is a really really cool character, especially in latter books. I think, as a God, he develops quite well, and seems almost like a foil to Shadowthorne.

I was gonna try to put a response in french too, but it seems that the 10 years of french I got in school have all escaped me haha! 3 years without any french class and I've completly forgotten everything. Well almost everything, I remember important words like "vache" or "grenouille" or "la pomplamousse!"

le pamplemousse > masculin Posted Image

Hi hi hi I know a lot of french words !! That why I read my book in english : for not losing it ! And it cooler when it is not translated Posted Image

I did not already read all the books , but I like when it is Cotillion , he is funny and with Apsalar we know him a little more . It had to be something when when Kellanved & Dancer ruled the Empire !

#163 User is offline   Trotts 

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:47 PM

le pamplemousse > masculin

But but but its got the 'e' on the end, I thought if it has the 'e' its generally gonna be fem. Curse you french, and your crazy rules and exceptions to rules!

And I can tell youre really into Cotillion haha, but he's cool so its okay.

#164 Guest_Lily_*

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:41 AM

Trotts said:

But but but its got the 'e' on the end, I thought if it has the 'e' its generally gonna be fem. Curse you french, and your crazy rules and exceptions to rules!

And I can tell youre really into Cotillion haha, but he's cool so its okay.

Hi hi hi nan , french is not a good friend ... Is Cotillion appears in MOI ? I am glad to know that I'll see a lot more of him !!

#165 User is offline   Trotts 

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:19 PM

He prolly appears in MOI. I think he appears in every book, except for MT.

#166 Guest_Darkmere_*

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:38 PM

Paran has to be the man - top character who will prove to be the most important character in the series.

#167 User is offline   moridin 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:27 AM

Its hard for me to narrow down which character was actually my favorite as they were all great. But, the one that is the most memorable to me is:

Hairlock

I mean how much cooler do you have to be to spend most of the book as a demented wooden puppet.

Close second would be Paran.

#168 User is offline   Duvodas 

• Lieutenant

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:08 AM

Definetiveely my fav. character is Crokus, the young thief, and the CoinBearer.

#169 Guest_Lily_*

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:45 AM

moridin said:

Its hard for me to narrow down which character was actually my favorite as they were all great. But, the one that is the most memorable to me is:

Hairlock

I mean how much cooler do you have to be to spend most of the book as a demented wooden puppet.

Close second would be Paran.

Hi hi hi yeah Hairlock was funny in fact

I've got a crush on Ganoes Posted Image

#170 User is offline   dessembrae 

• Lieutenant

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:13 PM

Rallick Nom had a strange appeal to me . A cool assassin with the added effects of otatoral. Mixed bag an very mysterious. Cant wait to see wherehis story goes from now

#171 User is offline   Tom 

• Corporal

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:57 PM

Hmm... favorite character...

Well, if you're talking terms of style and coolness and a general attidute of 'even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother in the valley' you have to go with Rake. A big sword, dressed in black with long white hair, he can semble into a dragon... he pwns.

If it's fighting prowess, toughness, being stubborn, dedication, ruthlessness... it's Karsa / Toblakai. A giant immune to magic, armed with the mother of all Immas Swords.

Best mage would have to be Quick Ben, obviously - his magical prowess, coupled with generally being smart, makes him nigh-on unbeatable. He even outsmarts gods (or at least Shadowthrone... though by all accounts he seems quite dim.)

Favorite would have to be Whiskeyjack. Amongst all these gods and magicians and monsters, a man managed to hold his own. Whiskeyjack = win. What's the big deal with his name? There are worse names. Like Ganoes Paran, for instance. Always makes me think of Guano. I just didn't like him as a character, I don't know why. He's just not likeable enough.

#172 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:37 PM

Shadowthrone? Dim? We'll see.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#173 Guest_otataral sandwitch_*

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:22 AM

Anomander Rake kicks aaassse! Sorry's a cold hard bitch! Crokus appears weak but the dude keeps coming no matter what gets thrown at him (You gotta respect that). Whiskeyjack is one bad assed mofo! Quick Ben and Kallam....? Don't even get me started!!!!! How in the hell is a guy supposed to pick his favorite SE character from GotM. Holy Lord, this was the tome that started my addiction! They're all so swell. I even have a slight man-crush on Kruppe.....

#174 Guest_Lily_*

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

Tom said:

Hmm... favorite character...

Favorite would have to be Whiskeyjack. Amongst all these gods and magicians and monsters, a man managed to hold his own. Whiskeyjack = win. What's the big deal with his name? There are worse names. Like Ganoes Paran, for instance. Always makes me think of Guano. I just didn't like him as a character, I don't know why. He's just not likeable enough.

Ooh how you treat my Ganoes ... I found him great when I met him and still find him great in Memory of Ice , but I admit he's not really likeable , he's a tortuous boy . And I do love his name !!! Yup , WhiskeyJack is a great man , charismatic and loved by his guys . A good man

Ammanas is very funny but he's totally screwed

#175 Guest_Malachi_*

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:55 AM

Sorry was my favourite character until she was no longer posessed.

#176 Guest_otataral sandwitch_*

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:17 AM

Lily said:

Ooh how you treat my Ganoes ... I found him great when I met him and still find him great in Memory of Ice

Not everyone is a Ganoes hater, Lily. I thought his dealings with Oponn were some of the better scenes in GotM......

#177 Guest_otataral sandwitch_*

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:27 AM

Lily said:

Hi hi hi nan , french is not a good friend ... Is Cotillion appears in MOI ? I am glad to know that I'll see a lot more of him !!

If Cotillion's your thing, get your mits on a copy of House of Chains..... Wow!!! Finally we get a glimpse of him in all of his bloodthirsty glory....

#178 Guest_Lily_*

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:10 PM

Alas , I finish this week MOI and I throw myself with joy in Blood Knight of Greg Keyes -in there one of my other love boy Cazio Posted Image- and after HOC

And after Cotillion , yup is to me ;)

Ooh I know other people do love Ganoes , but I can understand some other don't , he's an important character [/I]!! I loved this !! I read with passion anytime my little Ganoes is involved !!

#179 Guest_otataral sandwitch_*

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:30 PM

Trotts said:

The only French that I can seem to remember from school is Je ne jous pas au tennis. It doesn't help me much but it sure sounds pretty when spoken:D

Also, I must concur: Hairlock was quite cool....

#180 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:39 PM

This is the GotM forum, better stop with the serious spoilers.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users