• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#641 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 June 2004 - 01:14 PM

it wasn't me that adressed someone as a complete layman that has completely no idea what's going on first. and you always do that, Bryn. one day someone will break your bones for that, so get ready for it, someday.

Loose - well, I don't know if looking into the past with a tear in the eye like us isn't worse. you know, once we did play well, but now we suck. how does that sound? yours could now be the first one to enter the WC!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#642 Guest_Falco_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:26 PM

Double Post:

England won comfortably, Rooney looked awesome! Italy LOST to Slovenia, while France and Portugal both drew. Scotland lost again, while Argentina won in South America.

Italy Posted Image Posted Image

#643 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 September 2004 - 01:45 AM

Hmm, I dunno, I would have said Souness, but he left to early for them to sack himPosted Image (Newcastle, in an attempt to decrease the strife in their dressing room appoint the most violent and notoriously hard to get on with manager in the premiershipPosted Image good move!)

playing Chelski on sunday, and I'll finally be able to watch it, after getting Sky earlier this weekPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#644 Guest__*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:51 PM

I don't think they played defensively on purpose. It's just that Portugal piled on the presssure. And who can't blame them.

#645 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 October 2004 - 01:24 AM

well, I must say I grow to love Barca this season. Etoo, Ronaldinho, Giuly, Larsson, Deco... gotta love that team! Posted Image
also, I think I'll get to like Chelski - Drogba ROCKS! Posted Image
I hope Milan will do a BIT better than last season...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#646 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:05 PM

so, when are your semifinals, englishman? Posted Image

#647 Guest_Edge_*

Posted 08 August 2004 - 02:09 AM

There is a rumour going around that Benitez is selling Danny Murphy. Surely not? Posted Image

#648 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 02 August 2004 - 05:00 AM

Bah, you're kidding yourselves if you think Celtic are in trouble. Hartson is definitely not past his prime Posted Image and Sutton is still a stop class player. Martin O'Neill rarely makes any mistakes and I would bet that Camara has a blinding season once he gets going, you wait and see. Posted Image

As for Miller, well, he hardly ever played for us so he won't be too much of a blow although his move does still rankle with the fans.

Oh well, I should not be here for I am swamped with coursework...la de da
Victory is mine!

#649 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:39 AM

heir to Ronaldo's throne? what throne? Ronaldo is pathethic!

anyways, cheered for Uruguay the whole cup. pity they lost in penalties to Brazil, but with what referees have shown in previous Brazil matches I think I can safely say they helped them...

#650 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:41 PM

They could win...but it would be as huge an upset as Greece winning Euro. Which was the whole point of the analogy. Its not like Latvia or Bulgaria won is it...

#651 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:33 AM

aye, he's in liverpool. and the whole world is in harmony because of it.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#652 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:32 AM

I think he'll go famously with bellamy too. kluivert is a great lay-up man/supporting striker and that bellamy is a fast f*cker. might be a perfect match.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#653 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 14 August 2004 - 06:04 AM

Yeah, I used to think Morientes sucked but then he blew me away last season while Raul in particular struggled.

Fatboy Ronaldo is the no. 1 striker in the world for me, however...

#654 Guest_Dark Angel_*

Posted 11 June 2004 - 12:34 PM

Bah. No footie fan. No rugby fan. Dont like hockey, f1, cricket, and basically every other sport people like!

Ill stick to running 10 kilometre races..... Posted Image

#655 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:48 AM

Chelski bore me with their football this season, effective as it maybe. A lot of their goals come from set pieces too, and they're not as majestic and free-flowing as they were at times last year (Chelsea 4- Lazio 1, anyone?). Drogba still hasn't quite settled, but looks the goods and had better start delivering regular goals. Barca on the other hand, are an absolute joy to watch, you are 1-00% right G-man. I watched them cream Celtic at Glasgow in their first match, and watching the likes of Giuly, Ronaldinho, Deco and Eto'o mesmerise defences is heart-warming. Forza Barca! Posted Image

#656 Guest_Fingon_*

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:33 AM

Congratulations to Fernando Alonso for two wins on the trot in F1. If there were any doubters I think they're converted now - I think Fisi realises he could be in trouble. Still, there's left 160 points to play for but I can't see Renault capitulating in Europe where they scored most of their points last season.

#657 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:15 AM

Pongolle was quite good in the League cup against milwall... though that ain't saying muchPosted Image

@orf - had to rely on old injury guts himself, eh? poor sodPosted Image Well, at least he didn't crack a few ribs at the same time like he always used to for the spursPosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#658 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 26 June 2004 - 02:43 AM

@BAD - at least I've never said we were a good team Posted Image. I wonder, where do the myths of Great Team England come from...

#659 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:00 AM

the first goal was illegal. that yugoslavian guy was way offside!
I don't know about the other goals, I've stopped watching the game at half time.
anyways, in the first half Bulgarians had every opportunity to win the game. it's just the law of football: you don't score when you have a great situation = you lose. that's exactly OUR problem, and it seems that Croatians, English and Bulgarians have it too...

and Lorn, Sweden has a really big chance this year. you are in great disposition.

btw, didn't Germany get pummeled by Romania this or last year 1:5?

#660 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:34 AM

Kolkka shows it the way it is, Baros, you cheating ****!

Little shop of horrors in defence, but I'll bet no one else puts 4 past ARSEnal this season. At least in the premiership...

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

15 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users