• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#441 User is offline   Orfantal 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 November 2004 - 07:15 AM

We'll see indeed at Fortress St Andrews. I'm hoping that we may have improved our own strike force by then. Heskey i think would have worked out good for us if he'd had Forssel alongside. we desperately need a goalscorer in the transfer window.

#442 User is offline   Orfantal 

• First Sword

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:49 AM

Baros - world class player for Czech republic, maybe - for Liverpool perhaps not. Glad that Pongolle was crap, if I recall he spent all of the last time we played you diving all over the park.

#443 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 30 July 2004 - 02:25 PM

Posted ImageSo, is this Camara bloke any good? Anyone?
Victory is mine!

#444 Guest_Falco_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:12 AM

So, how's about a little bet on the result of the Anfield game Mr. Brynjar? Say, if Liverpool win ( Posted Image ) I'll put 'Liverpool Rules' as my title for a week, and if ManU win then you put 'ManU are the best' as your title for the same time period. If its a draw, then no one has to do anything- agreed?

#445 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:09 PM

The Czechs won 3-0. Have to be favourites, alongside Portugal now.

PS- Hmmm, I'd make fun of Scotland, but then they didn't even make the tournament. Didn't even have the chance to foul the 'keeper... Posted Image

#446 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 September 2004 - 03:45 PM

bah, penalties don't countPosted Image running rings around us? I think not...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#447 Guest_Buck Tooth_*

Posted 05 August 2004 - 09:43 AM

True it would be a blow if Viera left but I still reckon Arsenal have the quality to trouble Chelski and the bloody Reds. Edu had a stormer last year and Gilberto won't get many games for Brazil so he won't be knackered again. Also Reyes will have a blinding season and he and Henry should be something else up front. If Viera does go and Arsenal sign the Argentinian Mascherano then he could be an even better signing than Viera was! And what the hell is going on at Newcastle? They've all gone blind! Maybe Bellamy will go all Kung-fu and realise where the goal is! Posted Image

#448 Guest_Torvald Nom_*

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:25 AM

Well, England made it through to the next round with their best performance of the tournament so far, imo.
They kept their heads this time and didn't just try to defend their lead after half-time, like they did against france. Looking forward to Thursday against Portugal, should be a really good game, although i would have preferred they play Greece, i still think we can beat the Portuguese.

Prediction: 2-1 to England

#449 Guest__*

Posted 01 July 2004 - 12:57 PM

Greece just beat the Czech Republic Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image!!! All credit to them I don't know how the hell they got to the final but Posted Image!!! A rematch it is then.

#450 User is offline   Orfantal 

• First Sword

Posted 01 November 2004 - 09:44 AM

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGHGGGHHHHH!!

First we totally dominate Fulham on wednesday and lose from their only real chance and the same happens with Palace on Saturday. Of course it just had to be Andy Johnson. We cannot score and a relegation fight is looming. Oh well - keep right on. Posted Image

#451 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:15 AM

if I know Maniche well, Rooney will be sent off in the first half Posted Image
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#452 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 13 November 2004 - 09:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Orfantal:
Baros - world class player for Czech republic, maybe - for Liverpool perhaps not.

eh? what was that? a hattrick? from this nonworldclass player? it can't be!

I lover you baros! I wanna have your children!
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#453 User is offline   Orfantal 

• First Sword

Posted 26 November 2004 - 01:42 AM

In a week when racism in football has been a hot topic of debate, this seems pretty offensive. I'm sure that wasn't the intention but that's my opinion.

#454 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 20 October 2004 - 11:29 AM

I've been consistantly impressed with Hyypia since he joined Liverpool. He's not captain for no reasonPosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#455 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:59 AM

But they've replaced Seaman with Lehmann (and I thought we had goalkeeping worries), and still got a temparement problem against teams they can't dominate. Lets just say I think it'll be a lot closer than you will...

#456 User is offline   Mulch 

• Fist

Posted 01 September 2004 - 01:25 AM

Bobby Robson was sacked cos he's gone senile and lost the plot. In the villa match you could see him asking John Carver what the score was..."er we're losing four two you dozy old goat!"

to quote Gazza "I hope they ended it on a handshake"

Who's next? the smart money is on a Shearer/Venables joint management, with Shearer getting the job full time the season after next.
"Here's to beer!, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer Simpson

#457 User is offline   Mulch 

• Fist

Posted 09 September 2004 - 12:24 AM

My call for sacking Sven (boring) Erikson is that his team defends too deep after they've taken the lead. We were a far better side than both Poland (no offence Gothos) and Austria but sat back and hit them on the break after going 1-0 up. It's very frustrating watching this from a supporters point of view.

This carried through to the World cup and the Euro championships. If they could just keep their heads and play the same relaxed game they do for the first thirty minutes through the rest of the game then we'd be a force in world football. They seem to panic when they're in the ascendancy and the manager just sits there giving them little or no encouragement.

Plus I think he should perhaps look at dropping Beckham, his form is very poor at the moment. Has anyone else noticed that he is deemed to be carrying an "injury" after each time he has a poor game?? This shifts the emphasis from whether he's playing well enough to start? to is he available to play?. Then when he says "I can play" everyone is relieved and he gets a start whether he's worth one or not.

God what a lengthy post!
"Here's to beer!, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer Simpson

#458 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 03 August 2004 - 12:02 AM

Hasselbaink is 32- Chelsea's strikeforce is now young and classy, though unproven: Drogba, Kezman, Gudjohnsen and Mutu, with Crespo, Forsell and Carlton Cole out on loan...

#459 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:24 PM

0-0 at half time... got any better yet?

#460 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB

Posted 30 August 2004 - 02:32 AM

Sir bobby robson has been sacked OMG!!!!!!!!

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users