• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#381 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 June 2004 - 05:00 PM

@fist: nope. but I've seen norwegian football at it's worst. that's why I'm a liverpool fan (EPL is the league that gets the most attention over here). but that doesn't mean I'm an england die hard fan in any national tournament.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#382 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 18 June 2004 - 04:42 PM

@Bryn - actually, Ibrahimovic technically isn't a Swede, now, is he? long, straight, blonde hair, hard face lines, light blue eyes, fair skin - yeah, a typical Swede Posted Image. and the name! Posted Image
but, I am happy he scored. a wonderful goal, best one on this championship yet. The Italians played completely diffrent today than the last time. really. Totti out of the pitch and they even can do something nice without Maldini Posted Image
haven't watched Bul vs Den at all, suspected it'd be with a one-sided referee...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#383 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 September 2004 - 12:49 AM

I would agree that no one should have a guarenteed place in a team, but Beckham has proved to be a match winner so many times it would be hard to justify dropping him on purely footballing terms. To pander to the media maybe, but thats never been a good reason, and hopefully never will be...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#384 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:57 AM

@falco: they had a pretty decent team last world cup. with a bit (a bit of a ton) of luck they could do it. besides, those yanks are crazy. if they set their mind to it, they could do pretty much anything they want.

#385 User is offline   MagnanimousOne 

• Corporal

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:52 AM

I need some direction from you guys. I really enjoyed Euro and want to start watching more footy. When does the season start? Which league should I watch - which one has the highest skill level? What is the Champions league? Anybody here play fantasy football?

#386 Guest_Falco_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 14 August 2004 - 05:48 AM

Bad move for Owen. He'll never play ahead of Ronaldo or Raul (both of whom are better strikers on wheelchairs), or even Morientes on a good day. He'll get less game time than Forlan at ManU.

Still, it'll be interesting to see who Liverpool pick-up in return. My money's on the dark horse that is James Beattie rather than any Spaniard...

#387 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB

Posted 12 August 2004 - 11:28 AM

hurrah man u won @ f****** last

#388 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:07 AM

@Mulch - thats precisely the point... one match with 3 players left on either side would cut it out PDQ! Also, the 10 minute sin-bin idea would be a good plan for a yellow card, I think.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#389 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 30 July 2004 - 02:31 PM

I'm in for that BrynPosted Image

Do you want the good news or the bad news Gamet?
Well, the good news is he played pretty well in the African Nations CupPosted Image but you signed him from Wolves mate, what do you expect?

No, to be fair, he's regarded as a good player, but he had a very average season last year, and didn't get anywhere near enough decent service to prove himself, but if this guy if your replacement for Larsson, I pity ye...

#390 Guest_Fingon_*

Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:25 AM

What a race that was. Luckily Ralf seems to be fairly ok, going off at the banking was horrific. What must have been going through his head as the car snapped away at 180mph? BAR botched Sato's strategy, he was in with a great chance, once again Ross Brawn is the tactical master. Michael got a good tow on Rubens to overtake him, and drove well to keep him behind. And well done Zsolt Baumgartner, there might have been a prodigous amount of luck involved but he managed to drag the old Minardi into 8th! And what a start by Alonso, around the outside into turn 1, its a shame he got that puncture as im sure a solid podium finsih was on for him there.

#391 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 19 September 2004 - 12:22 AM

Arse 2 - Bolton 2

Damn, two 2-2 draws against us and the Gooners- Sam Allardyce just keeps getting better...

#392 User is offline   cruz1701 

• Captain

Posted 14 June 2004 - 12:43 AM

I'm not a particulary big football fan but I was watching this while getting steadily more drunk, can anyone explain why they took Rooney off when he was having a great game and put Hesky the donkey on?

Did anyone catch the game before, I only saw linikers comments afterwards and he wasn't too impressed Posted Image

#393 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:45 AM

dude, you gotta admit, there are few teams that can match arsenals attacks, and especially their counter attacks. they've the most lethal counter attack in england, and england is reputed to be one of the most prominant of leagues in the world.

#394 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 14 June 2004 - 02:00 AM

England defended very well, and although I laughed at the end (I'm sorry, I won't lie to you) it must have been gutting... Posted Image ...sorry, there I go again...but, I have to dispute the comments after the game by David James (iirc) that they deserved to win because they dominated the match? Eh? What game were you watching, lad? Defended well and in depth, yes, dominated, not a chance. You do not dominate a game when the opposition pin you in your own half with wave after wave of attack. To be honest, I thought England were too defensive, but then, that is a mark of this tournament now (as usual, these damn Euro championships promise so much and just don't deliver anymore - why would you spend two years qualifying just to get there and play to 'not lose'?)

Still, at least it was the best and most interesting game so far. Must be gutting though...oops, here I go again...
Victory is mine!

#395 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 06 August 2004 - 10:04 PM

Who reckons Liverpool are up for a revival under Rafa?

Kewell, Gerrard, Hamann are all classy midfielders and Baros, Owen and Cisse are top strikers (good thing that goose Heskey left), and finally Houllier won't be wasting money on B-grade French players like Cheyrou, Medjani, Vignal etc.

Who knows? Maybe the Scousers can finally get it up...

#396 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BAD:
@Ashnak

If Italy would have won 3 - 1 they would have gone through Posted Image.

no they wouldn't. internal scores (no idea if you can say that in english) counts for more than you regular goal differance. so on 2-2 denmark and sweden were certain to go through, both of them.

#397 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 17 June 2004 - 09:55 AM

how was this game ruined by the refree?

#398 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:39 AM

I beg to differ, mister mister. you only have to go back a couple of years to see that liverpool won the UEFA cup. and that was under hullier. there will be a new age under benìtez, and we shall win it all! yeah! woohoo! common! alright! oh beibe!

#399 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 28 August 2004 - 02:02 AM

Well, you guys do need another striker to back-up Baros and Cisse and Wiltord would make a decent, experienced bench player. But I dunno why he would want to go, and at the rate Benitez is buying Spanish players I would have thought that Liverpool, not Arsenal, would be leading the race to sign Valencia's Angulo.

#400 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 31 August 2004 - 07:30 AM

The Champions League draw is an absolute NIGHTMARE! AC Milan and Barcelona (with Henrik!) Oh hell, I really do not see any way through for my Bhoys in this one, even with the marvellous little Juninho. An excellent signing though. Posted Image

As for the dismissals of Sturrock and Sir Bob, pretty poor show if you ask me, especially for Sturrock who never had a chance.
Victory is mine!

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

31 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users