• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#241 Guest__*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 13 June 2004 - 11:48 AM

Posted Image The arrogance of youth! Quote of the week:-

Commentator: So will the Ferrari's and Schumacher give you any trouble today?

Jenson Button: From their positions, 6 and 7, I don't see them making much impact. Also overtaking here is remarkably difficult so, no I doubt it.

Who placed 1st and 3rd? Oh yeah Ferarri. And well driven Raikkonnen and Fisichella. 5 stops and still 7th for Raikkonnnen and 6th for Fisi. Good Job!! Posted Image.

#242 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 03 June 2004 - 05:45 PM

Yes but most clubs tend to sell their players, not send 'em out on loan for umpteen years....

#243 Guest__*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:39 PM

---------> Posted Image <---------

#244 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:28 AM

Not Morientes but what about Eto'o? He had a scintillating season in Spain last time, and giving him to Pool would scupper Barca's interest (sure Madrid would love that). Also, Arsenal will be much less of a force this season without Viera unless Gilberto steps up massively.

On the other hand, ManU has a massive injury list with almost the full first team out of the picture for the first month or so. Hopeful we don't make too bad a start...

#245 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:02 AM

hehehehe. manure taking the premiership? hohohoho. we're above you, falco, and we still got one game hanging. go count yer chickens, falco. Posted Image
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#246 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:08 AM

heheh, 1-1Posted Image

though maybe they'll be firing on all cylinders next weekPosted Image 5 defeats on the trot, maybe?Posted Image

Jol? Who?
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#247 Guest_Fingon_*

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:03 PM

Never thougth Id say it but i can hardly muster up the enthusism to post about the qualifying. Sato and Montoya may be a threat in the race, but to be honest I think we'll need rain, a couple of safety cars and possibly a cold day in hell to stop Ferrari winning.

#248 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB

Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:26 AM

what happened to Jensen Button??

also r latvia still in euro 2004?????

#249 Guest_Edge_*

Posted 14 August 2004 - 12:51 PM

Very disappointed with the way Liverpool sat back in the second half after playing so positively in the first half. I hope Benitez is not going to be as negative as that all season. Posted Image

#250 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Falco:

And Arsenal? I haven't really seen turn on the style in a crunch match against a top side...well, ever. Champions league quarter-final vs. Chelsea, FA Cup semi-final vs. ManU...nothing!

Didn't you see them v Inter Milan at the San Siro last season? It was the group stages if i recall and if they didn't win they'd be out. 5-1 to the Arsenal full time, if memory serves. Pretty corking stuff.

Scuse me while i go and scrub my fingers with sandpaper after typing nice stuff about the Cockney ar$ehole$. Born and raised 10mins away from Old Trafford! Down with the French boogers Posted Image
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#251 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 26 July 2004 - 02:43 AM

finally, someone posted in the sports thread. was about to start a new thread so I didn't have to doubble post.

annyvei...

how 'bout that lance armstrong? won tour de france for the 6th time in a row. seriously one of the best athletes of modern time.

#252 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:51 AM

I guess it's a curse of the top teams. thinking back on the keepers liverpool had before dudek and kirkland makes me shudder.

*shudder*

#253 Guest_D\'Yamba_*

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:14 AM

Please please please let big Sam see the light and go to St. James'.

Big Sam has already turned them down. As has every other name touted in the press. Newcastle are in a sticky situation.
N

#254 User is offline   tickhill43 

• Sergeant

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:44 AM

quote:
Inter Milan star (and the next Ronaldo) :

I think you're refering to Martins. I can't see Brazil winning the WC in '06 simply because thierdefence is not up to scratch, a well disciplined team should be able to restrict thier scoring as well as putting a few goalspast them.

#255 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 24 September 2004 - 04:48 AM

Not a chance matePosted Image King and Naybet are the best defensive partnership in the premiershipPosted Image On the other hand, no one can really stop Ruud when he's on form. We're one of the best equipped to try thoughPosted Image And as you basically don't have a goalie at the moment, I'm sure we'll sneak one or two of our own, Kanoute is on goo formPosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#256 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:53 PM

no, they met us in the 1/32(?), and it was one defensive team against the other. both equally boring, and both equally deserving to go home. nothing at all like this one. they got the longest stick and went through (don't remember what happened to them after that).

#257 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 30 August 2004 - 07:28 PM

Well our sh*t start to the season continues, with another draw (this time against Everton, after Blackburn- Lord help us when we have to play a competent team).

Bobby Robson was sacked more for the internal unrest in his team- the Dyer spat, the Bellamy comments. Still, he lasted 2 weeks longer than Saints boss Paul Sturrock.

#258 Guest_fiddler_*

Posted 14 August 2004 - 01:34 PM

Couple of good goals today. Jay Jay got two absolute crackers, first one was one of the best free kicks i've seen in a while. looking forward to utd-chelsea tomorrow. it'll be interesting to see how the blues new guys perform. lotta pressure on chelsea from the start

#259 User is offline   Farad 

• Fist

Posted 13 June 2004 - 07:21 AM

i could only approve

go france go Posted Image

#260 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 15 September 2004 - 11:41 PM

Yeah well, with Rio back and with our inspirational come-back behind us, we will be ready to hand you your heads on a plate...

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

13 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users