#901 Guest_Falco_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:56 PM

Milan were. Weren't PSV as well?

#902 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 June 2005 - 02:54 PM

Yeah. I'm a great thief of all thingsPosted Image I'm reading the book, so its fair gamePosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#903 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 17 April 2005 - 03:16 PM

The Toon were seriously bad this last week. How much has Nicky Butt slid since his move to St. James? Really, not even a match worthy of the name- at least Blackburn got stuck in, tried to harry Arsenal, put them off. Newcastle were like training ground opposition- Shearer was barely in the game, so closely did Brown close him down, while Ronaldo made the Newcastle defence look positively pedestrian (which they are, I suppose).

The FA Cup final should be a corker- can't wait for May 21st.

#904 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:23 PM

*Spontaneously combusts from frustration*

Posted Image Posted Image

#905 User is offline   cruz1701 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:07 AM

Given Milkins only managed to win one frame it was never going to go down as a great match. Now O'Sullivan and Maguire was a brilliant game, even if the worng man won.

#906 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:03 AM

One embarrassing loss at the start of a tour? Good. Two? Excellent. Three? I'd be getting worried.

I think the long break they had since they last played means the team was rusty, not to mention complacent. I hope that this is the good kick up the bum they needed.

Alternatively...

*crawls away under a rock*

#907 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:46 AM

Not allowed to watch snooker while the missus is here Posted Image

I'm being allowed to watch Ray Mears make a canoe, but then she's putting footballers' wives on in a bit.
Don't fuck with the Culture.

#908 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 14 June 2005 - 02:42 AM

Yeah yeah. I'll but you a pint when I come to aus if you win, and vice versa?
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#909 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:28 AM

You've had three, and its about to be fourPosted Image Don't forget the hammering you got by the mighty Somerset...

#910 Guest_Edge_*

Posted 17 July 2005 - 11:29 AM

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd wait and see who they get to replace him before I panicked. Wenger is a shrewd manager, I'm sure he has a Plan B.

#911 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:43 AM

Aye... bottom of the table at christmas, bottom of the table this morning. 17th at the end of the day - one hell of an accomplishment. Posted Image I'm quite glad they stayed up, they've got character.

There's talk that Redknapp (sp?) will be leaving Southampton pretty sharpish... anyone heard who he's likely to be managing next season?

I also heard there's talk of Ferguson leaving Man Utd, though I doubt it myself.

#912 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:52 AM

I think it had more to do with his wife's illness than Fergie's contract Posted Image

#913 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 18 June 2005 - 02:34 AM

Hehe. I like how baseball has the world series... and America wins every year Posted Image

#914 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:58 PM

I suspect someone like Ballack will turn up... they might even get Steven Appiah from Juve, he's said he wants to leave now Veira has arrived there.

#915 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mezla PigDog:
I'd say that win should allow Bryn to post in the Inn again! It's better than a win at Old Trafford!

Bryn isn't allowed to post in the inn? What the?!?!?

#916 User is offline   Mulch 

• Fist

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:47 AM

The best team lost.... and the seagulls follow the trawler!
"Here's to beer!, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer Simpson

#917 User is offline   garden_rake 

• First Sword

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:22 PM

just had a look at ronners roon and ruuuud in action and its lookin pretty good for the new season, that parks a bit nifty too he's got potential that boy :D

any united fans actually want owen at united next season? for my 2 pence please god no, he's the most overrated player since shearer he's only 'good' because he's english, would he get in any other top national side? i think not. ole's back soon anyway

*launches into 'you are my solskjaer, my only solskjaer.......'*

#918 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:20 AM

You obviously weren't watching Owen play for Madrid last season;) It's gone too far the other way now, people feel like they have to put him down, and can't possibly admit he's a good player. Just because he isn't as spectacular as he was when he was new on the scene, doesn't mean he's suddenly crap, you know:p

#919 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:26 AM

I'd like him at Old Trafford. Ole won't be properly fit again for a while, and my money's on him suffering another injury before long.

Ruud looked good last night, so maybe he's back on form. If he started this season anything like the way he finished the last, I'd have preferred Owen and Rooney up front any day. I predict a move to Newcastle though.

But, yeah - the 3 R's were class last night. Keane was old and out of touch (but Smith didn't fair well in midfield, imo), O'Shea was meh (reminding me how much I like Heinze), Silvestre was thankfully quiet, and Park looked very, very promising.

Can't wait for Saturday :D Come on! Will be fun to play against Phil Neville - never thought I'd see a Neville play for another team, but good luck to him. He served us well for years. :D

#920 User is offline   garden_rake 

• First Sword

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:15 AM

ive watched owen play a couple of times for madrid on sky (only a couple because thats all he played :D ) and while he didnt play badly the goals he did score were on a plate for him mostly. its not the scouse manc thing coz id gladly worship gerrard if he came down the m62 its just that if you compare owen to the best forwards in the world ie your shevchenko adriano henry (& tevez my top tip for stardom next year or two) he comes up very short - he used to be quick but doesnt have pace anymore, isnt good in the air, cant go past people unless gets a lucky ricochet(?) cant drop deep, although i have to admit he can finish fairly well. he does seem like a nice enough lad tho so im not going to criticize him anymore :D

pity we didnt get to see edwin in action last night tho......:D

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

22 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users