• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#721 Guest_Falco_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:08 AM

Thread needs to be resuscitated...

...So what 'bout dem Champions League ties. While my beloved ManU was handed a footballing lession by Milan, the cracker between Chelsea and Barcelona at the Bridge was the best game of football I've seen all season. Had it all- Joe Cole at his brilliant best, Cech showing his worth, Ronaldinho magic and referee showing his brilliant best on the biggest stage. There's a couple of mouthwatering quarter-final matchups too. Howabout them Scousers ehhh? Hats off to your boys Bryn, Rafa has certainly brought some joy to the red side of Liverpool over the last few weeks. Hope you shove Juve out (wishful thinking I know...)

Chelski's got the league tied up, but this 'Colegate' saga rumbles on ehh? I feel sorry for Wayne Bridge myself, think he's been pretty good over the last couple of seasons. Now Chelsea linked with Zambrotta and Cole, both gonna take his first-team place. And not to mention some cracker FA Cup semis...

#722 Guest_Cyandor_*

Posted 12 June 2004 - 12:46 AM

LOL. It's Netherlands Vs. Germany time again in the EK. And on my birthday no less. I really can't be bothered with sport and football. But this is the game everyone here gets worked up over. The Dutch team is favorite again but that hasn't stopped them sucking before.

@Fist Gamet
As many gamers before have tried and many gamers hence will also try. I would like to nominate professional gaming as a sport. I have a flatmate who plays in a clan and it's so much more fun to watch then a football game. You actually care what happens Posted Image. So support gaming let your opinion be heard!

No nice men in white coats I am not.... Hey let me GO!......Where are you taking m......

#723 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 November 2004 - 02:11 PM

oh please. manure doesn't stand a chance this year. I predict chelsea for the trophy this season. they've been amazing and I think they'll only be getting better from here on out.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#724 User is offline   Orfantal 

• First Sword

Posted 18 November 2004 - 03:31 AM

Pretty poor performance, but I think it was clear the crowd noises rattled the England players. I understand that the Under 21s got the same kind of appalling welcome. am I right in recalling that one of the teams we played in the WC or EC qualifiers was disciplined for similar misdemeanours.

Rooney's attitude in particular was poor. There was some diving from spanish players but there was also some pretty aggressive tackles from some of the english. Not really a friendly.

#725 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:36 AM

yeah, but that was in poland. now real's got 2 away goals and home field advantage. wisla krakow hasn't got a chance.

#726 Guest_Pale Remnants_*

Posted 26 November 2004 - 09:36 AM

Tonight's fixtures :

26 November 2004
Coca-Cola Football League Two
Cheltenham v Darlington, 19:45
Southend v Grimsby, 19:45
Vauxhall Masterfit Retailers Welsh Premier
Llanelli v Afan Lido, 19:30
Daily Mirror Irish League
Dungannon Swifts v Newry, 19:45

Can you wait kids, huh ? Can you Can you wait ?

Please note the irony.

#727 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 13 June 2004 - 12:37 PM

LOL
englishmen...
you can't even win with France like you should Posted Image
I DID support your team, and what do you do?
okay, winning all game... and then, three men decided about your LOSING.
first, your beloved Beckham, not scoring a penalty. LOL. what a loser.
second, Gerrard. man, what was he thinking? that was the best pass I've seen in a while, but against the wrong goal I must say Posted Image
third, Zidane. LOL. he wasn't very good at this match, but he DID take the chances given to him by YOU.

englishmen, you are LOSERS.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#728 Guest__*

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:24 PM

Same time as your semi finals, no your quarter finals, no your first round games, no wait. . . Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#729 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:56 AM

if kirkland could only get is backside straight you would have a quality keeper right there.

and james is in the liverpool history, doggyboy. I have cried quite enough because of that guy. why oh why couldn't he just keep away from that damn nintendo?!

#730 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 September 2004 - 10:50 AM

My god! Spurs can defend! No no, i've seen it for myself, you won't persuade me I was hallucinating... I wasn't was I?Posted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#731 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 19 July 2005 - 07:43 PM

Rubbish, all we've got from him is a fat lot of debt. Don't worry rake, United are represented well here on the boards.

Relegation? Wigan, Sunderland and Man City. Although who can tell with what the Baggies did last season. Prem- ManU. We'll be taking back our trophy, thanks very much. Although, again Keane and that centre midfield role is the key. Essien is too entranced with Roman's roubles, and I really can't see anyone else filling that role from inside or outside the squad coming in. Here's hoping...

#732 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:13 AM

I'm going to make the same mistake every other critic has made throughout this campaign, and I'm going to write Liverpool off. 2-0 Milan.

PS - Come On Utd!!
Don't fuck with the Culture.

#733 Guest_Edge_*

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:24 AM

Having seen replays of the tackle I was incensed by both the dismissive attitude of the South African adjudicator (nothing new there, the Lions have never once managed to successfully cite any southern hemisphere player) and the lack of any kind of apology from the players responsible. By all accounts Umaga felt O Driscoll did not show proper respect for the Haka and decided to get revenge.

O Driscoll was adamant that it was a deliberate foul. They could have broken his neck.

#734 User is offline   Rich the Great 

• First Sword

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Nameless Ascendent:
Danny Grewcock admitted he "had a bit of ringing round to do".

Posted Image

But anyway, I have lost most of my faith in SCW since he is continually ignoring Bulloch, Cusiter and Shaw. What is he, blind, or just completely ignorant of three not only highly talented players but also some of the only players who are actually in half decent form?

I mean, the squad picked for the second test at least shows a few signs of being vaguely able to compete, but aslong as SCW holds to his prejudices concerning selection then the Lions team will never truly be able to win any of these test matches.

#735 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:38 PM

Intentional or not, it was completely unnecesary to be so brutal, and incredably dangerous. In a situation like that, reputations are entirely irrelevant.

The match itself is largely irrelevant. That particular Lions team has never played together before, and it showed. No one who actually knew much about rugby would seriously believe that the Lions could win that match. With a team like that, against the All Blacks, you expect to loose, however many class players you have. And then if they take out your captain, and best player, you expect to loose by an even bigger margin. But if this "positive spirit" you talk of was really there, you would like to think at least some kind of apology would be forthcoming from Umaga and Mealamu, who could well have ended the career of the brightest northern hemisphere talent in decades.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#736 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:20 AM

Couldn't have put it better myself. God bless Kevin PietersenPosted Image

#737 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 14 May 2005 - 02:45 PM

Or scotland... they need a decent teamPosted Image

#738 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:20 PM

Bloody men and sport. If you're not watching someone kicking, throwing, batting, putting or cueing a ball then you're fiddling with your own! I'm a sport widow. Last weekend he was in Sheffield watching snooker, this weekend is football. I'd go too but it's Swansea City and there's just no point... unless I want to get into a fight of course. The weekend after this one is away at football too. Anyone know any good gigolo's? Posted Image
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#739 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 19 July 2005 - 04:31 PM

Don't worry. He'll buy you success, and you'll all stop complainingPosted Image

#740 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:05 AM

Nah I think Leeds' biggest problem was that they sold all their players, so they never actually had any chance of recovering from their debts.

No players = no trophies = no tickets = no money.

Of course I'm vastly oversimplifying a very complicated situation Posted Image
Don't fuck with the Culture.

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

13 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users