• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#201 Guest_LooseCannon_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 13 June 2004 - 01:34 PM

Canada made the WC 86 I believe. Not sure if we have had other appearances.

#202 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 October 2004 - 02:39 AM

@bryn: i don't bloody hope so, brown and Ferdinand are the 2 best defenders that united have at the moment lol

#203 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 October 2004 - 03:25 AM

Slavic blood, I tell ya Posted Image

I'd hope for a Milan - Barca final though Posted Image
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#204 Guest_Buck Tooth_*

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:01 PM

Devils do the Gooners in another fantastic display of professional sportsmanship from both sides. Thank god Chelsea are going to win the title.

#205 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 16 June 2004 - 11:30 AM

Just getting up to half time now...is it just me, or is there a real lack of quality in these championships? Often I think I am just remembering past tournaments through rose-tinted spectacles, but I feel sure that these things used to be far more exciting and interesting.
Okay, the Russian keeper just got sent off...any chance this had of being a competitive game in the 2nd half just vanished, me thinks... Posted Image
Victory is mine!

#206 Guest_Buck Tooth_*

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:17 AM

I hope to god Viera doesn't go as I've just put him in my fantasy team! I don't think they'll miss him as much as people think they will. They look stronger than ever up front and with Edu and Silva in midfield they won't go far wrong. They've also got Fabregas on the bench. He's only 17 bu this kid looks like he eats bricks for breakfast!

#207 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 20 August 2004 - 05:36 AM

Yeah, almost funny. Real go to an English flavouring while Liverpool change to La Scouse. Here's the deals:

Liverpool: Josemi, Antonio Nunez, Xabi Alonso and Luis Garcia have all come in from the Primera Liga this season following Benitez's arrival. Anyone reminded of Houllier's French buyin spree? Of course, Alonso and Garcia are supposed to be pretty decent players but then so were Cheyrou and Vignal! Posted Image

Real: Following the saga that was the Beckham transfer from last season, Michael Owen (the most overrated striker in Europe) and Jonathon Woodgate (the most injury-prone 'world-class' centre-back over the last season and a half) have arrived to further scupper their chances for trophies. Shoulda splashed out on Paddy Viera, fellas...

#208 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 09 September 2004 - 05:55 AM

yeah, Wales didn't do good with NI, saw a short retransmission on Eurosport yesterday... but it was a fun game, 3 red cards and stuff Posted Image
well, anyways, good to hear our boys are doing good at last. maybe this time we won't do such mistakes as we did in the last EURO qualifying (losing to Latvia... in Warsaw... blah). might be hard with Austria and Wales though, especially when Giggs will be back to buisness (I may not like him, but he's a fantastic player).

anyways, a funny thing - we never managed to hit Euro Champs, even back in the times of our best performance (70's)
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#209 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:38 AM

Champions League draw is out as well: ManU/Arsenal have fairly easy groups, Mourinho'S chelsea face his old team Porto (while Roman gets investigated over his links to CSKA Moscow, another team in that group).

We might be buying Roonaldo as well, baby- Saha will go out on loan, then I think. Rooney, RVN, Smith? Bring it, Arsene, bring it on...

#210 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 30 August 2004 - 10:45 PM

two weeks and five years. I think sir bobby has proved himself over these five past years. don't think it's his fault that they've never competed with arsenal and manu (and to some extent chelsea and liverpool) for the top spot. if they want to be up there, they gotta shoot in some more money. and they aren't that rich, if I remember correctly.

and isn't it strange that the two peeps who keeps this premier league talk alive isn't even from england. common! shape up you hooligans!
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#211 User is offline   Farad 

• Fist

Posted 25 June 2004 - 12:37 PM

Posted Image

#212 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 June 2004 - 12:33 AM

go GreecePosted Image

I have to admit, the goalie took the best penalty of the lotPosted Image but why the HELL did Postiga have to wait untill now to DOUBLE HIS SEASONS GOAL TALLYPosted Image aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#213 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:40 AM

baros has just been out of form, but he's getting it togeather now. and you can't do any mesurements on him from last season, as he was out for more than half of it. and when he came back he didn't get to play much because he wouldn't take houlliers hummahum up his ass (unlike heskey). and he's only now starting to get into the system that benítez wants to play. just you wait 'till we meet again. then you'll see what I mean.

#214 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 17 June 2004 - 09:22 AM

and it will be like that now. worse and worse. unless somebody will bring sport back into the amateur stuff, not buisness.

#215 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:49 PM

Well, I missed the end of the game but I take it that the Czechs went through? Posted Image They are gonna have to screw up badly to not win this tournament, that team are on fire atm.

PS - Terry fouled the keeper
*runs away laughing...still*
Victory is mine!

#216 Guest_fiddler_*

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:44 PM

Man U should have at least got a draw Giggs missed a great chance. Didn't think Chelsea were great and had a pretty full team compared to utd.
AH Gamet come on ye should have done more to keep him, he put in some great performances for ye last season. At least ye still have McGeady he's going to be a great player. Pity for the Scots he decided to play for Ireland though Posted Image

#217 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:46 AM

www.crazysoccer.com works now. it started up yesterday, and that was the reason you couldn't log in. you want me to create a minileague, or should we go for that premierleague site? ?

#218 Guest_Zakari_*

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:01 AM

Heh,,,well good as i'm sure the win feels for Manc fans - Arsenal will still win the League this year...

Good on my toon for staying ahead at the end to beat Man City 4-3...blimey...nervous stuff!!

#219 Guest_Pale Remnants_*

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:05 AM

@ Zak. True the Gooners may still win...but the look on Wengers face ...sort like a sour old lesbian TM Pale. was worth it.

#220 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:24 AM

isn't ronaldo on his way back from the olympics now?

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users