• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A new rp - anyone interested?

#21 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:21 PM

perhaps a bit too far off.. I'd think we would benefit chosing a time from which we have more than the tiniest of knowledge.. At the same time, doing the rpg during the ritual, or perhaps just after, could be very amusing..

I dunno
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#22 User is offline   Whelp 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:39 PM

Playing Soletaken and D'ivers, on the run from the T'lan Imass... devilish :rolleyes:

#23 Guest_BAD_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:30 PM

Hah, first Karsa, now Monok. :cool:

How about some time around the last chaining? Or when Daseem betrayed Hood, the Emporer and Dancer were still missing? Sounds like it could be fun. Plus there's still the Malazan Empire still kicking around to utilise.

Just no spoiler-ish stuff from Night if Knives. It's still on my shelf not being read. =P

#24 User is offline   Karsa Orlong 

• Lieutenant

Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:02 PM

To be honest I'd like to be able to utilize the malazan empire. BAD's suggestion does sound good in my ears. It should be a malazan rp after all... . As to what characters...no restrictions...i wouldn't go with charas too far off like Forkrul or K'chane ... but otherwise, all is fine imo.

And NO NoK SPOILERS.... i haven't read it...and i will not be able to for a long time (way too expensive as of now).

@Illuyankas - I guess we will go with a post-length minimum as to forestall random posts or one-liners. But otherwise no restrictions (save for those named in my first post)
If you want an example, take a look at this post:
http://www.malazanem...read.php?t=2629

#25 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:05 PM

I like the idea of the conquest of seven cities about half way hrough the campagn. we can be malazan or seven cities the land is rich with story their etc.

Illunyankas basically post full sentances, paragraphs etc/ ask permision to use someones main character in your own story. go to riots fanfic post karsa links to an old one we did read a few post to get the idea.

#26 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:04 PM

That would be cool idea Cause, are we going to have independat characters or are we going to be a squad (like the bridgeburners but a small group sent ahead of the main army??) in the malaz army or even caravan guard ie like gruntle in MoI I think(not sure).

thats my 2cents
LG

#27 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:38 PM

so I suggest we get moving and take it to a vote the options so far seem to be

Pre empire
seven city conquest (this fits in with bads idea about dassem betraying hood etc)
genabackis

#28 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:32 PM

Blimey... should be fun to match that. My vote goes to Seven Cities Conquest.

Do you want to have a story thread, a character thread and a set up thread (ask for permission to use chars, sketch lot, etc), or have those last two in one thread, along with story?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#29 User is offline   Karsa Orlong 

• Lieutenant

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:21 PM

There will be a IC-Thread (In Character) and an OOC (out of character) thread. In the IC there is only story. The OOC is for everything else.

7th Cities conquest i can agree on.

And I think we should go the independant character route. You can always team up with some of the others if it makes sense in the context of the story. But a squad or cravan guard troup would need too much attention to detail and always heavy usage of the other players characters in one's own post.

#30 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:47 PM

Well then, how about an artifact in, say, Karashimesh (Holy City or not?) which various people (us) have been hired to steal, while under cover of the Malazan siege? Just to start things off with.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#31 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:34 AM

Hm.. I'll vote for pre-empire then, though conquest of 7 cities aint bad either.

for the new people, reading at least parts of the Lord of Change rpg we did should give you the gist of how we usualy do this :rolleyes: (lnk posted by Karsa on page 1) .. Some weird things happend to it during the change of host, but it should still be read-able

#32 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:56 AM

I'll also vote for seven city conquest, yeah that would be a great idea Illuyankas to start off with.

LG

#33 User is offline   Whelp 

• Fist

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:39 AM

One vote for pre-Empire.

#34 Guest_Kayasmus_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:27 PM

Im jumping out, I got a good offer for a job, but it will leave me with no time. Have fun guys.

#35 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:18 PM

Are we also going to vote whether we are going to be either malazan or another race I cant remember what other races that on the 7 cities continent (could u call that??)

Just another idea to throw into the works

#36 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:53 AM

so are we going on or...

#37 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:10 AM

I'm still here.. Very busy though, so I doubt i'll be the most active participant

#38 User is offline   Whelp 

• Fist

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:44 AM

I am still interested, although I can only post during weekdays.

#39 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:39 AM

Im still interested, i can do anytime day or night

#40 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:39 PM

If Casue or Karsa want to start, this is their idea.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users