• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Olympic Hockey

#21 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:32 AM

Sweden were just lucky canda had to play the states in the semi final iirc so dont get your hopes up!!!!!!
althouth im a huge swedish fan but still!
OTOH i'm probably two years behind so dont be shy to corredct me.....aaaaaaaaaaaaai!!!!!!!!!!!!!
forgot to mention im drunk as a skunk ;)
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#22 User is offline   K'orladis 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:12 AM

I just finnished waching the highlights of the canadian womens whomping of italy and it looks like were off to a good start but so are the states with their 6-0 win over sweden so that will be a good game in the finals i quess.

#23 Guest_Minae'Ra_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:36 PM

I think it's stupid how this year in women's hockey they're forced to run the score up. It's no fun for either team to get whomped 14-0 for example. They never used to have to worry about that. But now they have to or risk not getting into the finals even if you've won every single game ;)

#24 User is offline   K'orladis 

• Corporal

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:46 PM

It does suck because the states and canada are gonna be fighting to score as much as they can which means slaughtering every team they come up against just so that they get the advantage in the finals.

#25 Guest_Minae'Ra_*

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:43 PM

Exactly. And it's not fun for the teams getting slaughtered, and it's not fun for the people who are forced to slaughter them. Canada will definitely whomp the States either way though ;)

#26 Guest_bluesman_*

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:35 AM

Sweden is still in though ;).

Apparently Forsberg is stuck in USA. Worst Blizzard in 50 years they say. Did it struck Canada as well?

bm

#27 User is offline   K'orladis 

• Corporal

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:41 AM

Haven't heard about it but that sucks for sweden though he's a big part of the team. i think they still have a shot at the finals though, but i have to say it will be all canada from then on

#28 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:29 AM

Minae said:

I think it's stupid how this year in women's hockey they're forced to run the score up. It's no fun for either team to get whomped 14-0 for example. They never used to have to worry about that. But now they have to or risk not getting into the finals even if you've won every single game ;)

"run the score up" how does that work ???
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#29 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:47 AM

All Canada from then on???

There were some peculiar player selections for the Canadian team this year. On paper, we have a good team. Let's see how it translates on the ice. It's no done deal, that's for sure. Even if we rank among the favorites, I have my doubts. . .

Should be an interesting competition, though!;)

Patrick
www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#30 User is offline   K'orladis 

• Corporal

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:59 AM

As for "running up the score" that just means that even when it's like 7-0 the winning team just keeps going for goals instead of relaxing for the rest of the game. they do this now because if thier is a tie to get into the finals they go by the goal differential and same for home ice advantage in the finals it's whoever has more goals for.
As for being a close one in the mens i think it will be and even though im hoping canada's going to go all the way i admit it will be a hard fought tournament and whoever wins is deffinitly going to deserve it.

#31 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:19 AM

I believe Canada will win the women's gold no problem. So far they're absolutely slaughtering their competition (14-0 against Italy, and then 12-0 against Russia).

As for the men, I'm just glad Crosby didn't make the team. I'm truly sick of hearing about him. So long as the team have bonded and work well together, I do believe we have a shot at gold again.

Bring it, U.S.! ;)
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

#32 Guest_bluesman_*

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:17 PM

Poor Italy. Sweden just crushed them.

It looks like it will be Canada vs US in finals and perhaps Sweden vs Finland for bronse.

This is not the best advertising for the sport, uneven teams like this is not fun to watch. 5 years more at least ;).

bm

#33 User is offline   K'orladis 

• Corporal

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:28 PM

And the slovaks have defeated the mighty russians! Wonder what happened there. Russia did play pretty bad but only compared to the slovaks who played pretty good
These are the kind of games the olympics are for, it was even matched and well fought. I hope the trend continues.
Oh yes and no offence to any americans out there but i'm loving that latvia is winning right now. I know, i know i'ts only the end of the second but ive got high hopes for latvia's win, well mostly for the U.S's lost but thats ok ;) .(once again no offence to any americans)

#34 Guest_bluesman_*

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:39 AM

Do they still have Satan playing? With HIM on your side, how can you lose? ;).

USA 3-3 vs Latvia. That was also a bit surprising (more than Slovakia beating Russia actually).

Sweden crushed Kazakstan but that was planned.

bm

#35 User is offline   K'orladis 

• Corporal

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:45 PM

Canada is still looking a bit iffy still eh? They beat germany but that was alot because of Luongo playing well and not so much because the team was connecting. I have to admit though that germany did come on strong and was playing well from the 2nd on and if there goally, who is a colorado backup (i think) didn't play so well it would have been much worse.

#36 Guest_bluesman_*

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:50 PM

Russia walked allover Sweden. 5-0. Real dissapointment ;)

bm

#37 Guest_bluesman_*

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:09 PM

Looks like Canada vs Sweden in Womens Hockey finals. That was a surprise ;).

bm

#38 User is offline   K'orladis 

• Corporal

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:24 PM

It'll be a good one i think. hopefully real close, i find blowouts are just boring and you just feel like not watchin after a while cause you already know whats going to happen. Go Canada!;)

#39 Guest_Sha'ik Reborn_*

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:41 PM

cant wait to watch the finals
its gonna be great!

#40 Guest_bluesman_*

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:15 PM

Real thriller for Canada here. That goal(or lack of) will probably be the most discussed item in Canadian coffee break rooms next week ;).

bm

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users