• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL Anybody?

#21 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:30 PM

Was it some of the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders that recently brought the image of those All American Girls into disripute? I read a pair of them "engaged in lesbian acts" in a club toilet and then had a punch up! You go girls!!!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#22 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:57 PM

I love Texas. :)

But on topic, the Super Bowl has not really been the game to watch these past few years - the game to watch has been and IMO will be the AFC Championship - whoever wins that is probably guaranteed to win the Super Bowl this year. Except Indianapolis, maybe :D (Peyton Manning chokes in big games. It is known.)

#23 Guest_Hedge_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 10 January 2006 - 03:17 PM

longhorn said:

I love Texas. :)

But on topic, the Super Bowl has not really been the game to watch these past few years - the game to watch has been and IMO will be the AFC Championship - whoever wins that is probably guaranteed to win the Super Bowl this year. Except Indianapolis, maybe :D (Peyton Manning chokes in big games. It is known.)

I can only hope he chokes on Sunday and Big Ben throws a few touchdowns for the Steelers. I'm nervous already because everyone reckon the Colts are going to spank the Steelers.

#24 Guest_erisi236_*

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:37 PM

Mezla PigDog said:

Was it some of the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders that recently brought the image of those All American Girls into disripute? I read a pair of them "engaged in lesbian acts" in a club toilet and then had a punch up! You go girls!!!

Heh, it was actually girls from the Carolina Panthers :)

#25 User is offline   Oceao 

• Fist

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:49 PM

I like the NFL

Steelers have a chance against the Colts I think. Polamalu and the rest of the Steelers defensive secondary will have to play very well and work on turnovers while on offense Ben can't throw any interceptions. If he does any chance they have will go out the window. Also, the Colts haven't played a serious game in about a month, who knows if that's too much rest time or not. I'd guess that, with a team like the Colts that is so dependent upon their own rhythm, having not played for so long could mean a slow start while they try and get in rhythm, if the Steelers attack early and don't let Colts dictate the game, anything can happen cus the Colts don't react very well when they are disrupted.

#26 Guest_bluesman_*

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:47 PM

Personally I think College Football is quite enjoyable. I don't know why but it feels more fluent than NFL. Maybe I just saw the right/wrong matches :).

And of course watching live can be quite fun (even subpar teams like ours)

bm

#27 Guest_Hedge_*

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:54 AM

Wowzer what a match last night.

Pittsburgh 21-18 Indy.

Such a tense match I could barely watch. Indy missed a last second field goal to take the match to overtime. I'm surprised the Steelers won but they deserved it.

#28 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:39 PM

I'm cheering for the Steelers.

#29 Guest_Hedge_*

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:03 PM

RodeoRanch said:

I'm cheering for the Steelers.

Good lad.

#30 Guest_erisi236_*

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:22 PM

man anyone who doesn't think the NFL is all that should have seen that Colts Steelers game! Amazing! :)

And I'm shocked that the Colts choked again in the playoffs....shocked! :D

#31 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:33 PM

Man, I wish I had bet on the games this past weekend. I was talking to a buddy of mine on Friday and I predicted the Steelers, Broncos, Seahawks and Panthers would win, and I got it 100%! I could've made a mint! :'(
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#32 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:14 PM

Hey...welcome back Shin! Got some people resurfacing...
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#33 Guest_Sonnyboy_*

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:32 PM

You gotta feel bad for Peyton Manning. He's clearly been the dominant quarterback in the league for years, but he's going to start getting less and less respect the longer he goes without winning the big one. At any position other than quarterback, a player can at least have a shot at immortality without winning the Superbowl. Not so Peyton Manning. Look at Tom Brady. He could suck the rest of his career and even though people would talk smack about him for it, they'll always remember his three Superbowls at the start of his career.

#34 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:02 PM

Yeah, I gotta feeling Manning's the next Dan Marino...of course, Marino actually did play in a Super Bowl...poor Peyton...
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#35 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:54 PM

Well the AFC and NFC championships were quite surprising. Not necessarily the outcomes (though I did pick Denver over Pittsburgh), but just how one-sided they were. Maybe the Super Bowl won't be dull this year after all...

#36 Guest_Hedge_*

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:03 PM

Good win for the Steelers last night though I think they may struggle against Seattle (especially Alexander's running game). Denver, and more especially Jake Plummer, were fairly poor whereas Big Ben was in complete control.

My head says Seahawks win but i'll be shouting my head off for the Steelers.

#37 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:16 PM

Hedge said:

Denver, and more especially Jake Plummer, were fairly poor whereas Big Ben was in complete control.

My head says Seahawks win but i'll be shouting my head off for the Steelers.

You really gotta credit the offensive and defensive lines of Pittsburgh for last night's win. They shut Plummer down completely and Denver's complicated blitzing scheme (which is why I thought they would win) was picked up brilliantly. Then of course Plummer threw that second pick which was unforgivable, and put the final nail in their coffin.

I think Seahawks will win too, but then again Pittsburgh is riding pretty high emotionally, being a sixth seed and knocking off the top three seeds to make it to Detroit. Looks like it'll be Jerome Bettis' last game and it's in his hometown so he'll definitely be playing with emotion. So I wouldn't count the Steelers out, at all. Oh, it's gonna be a good one...

#38 Guest_Hedge_*

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:02 AM

Well i'll be sitting at home in my Steelers shirt cheering them on.

Pittsburgh have got to stay focussed and aggressive for the whole match. They are at their best when they rush the quarterback and make their tackles. They slowed down in the 3rd quarter at Denver (and Indy) and looked a bit weak. Polamalu and Joey Porter need to have big games.

Also they need to get the running game working again as it struggled at Denver. Bettis is great in the red zone but they need something for further out.

#39 User is offline   Oceao 

• Fist

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:01 PM

yeah, what happened to parker? is he hurt?

#40 Guest_Hedge_*

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:08 PM

Oceao said:

yeah, what happened to parker? is he hurt?

No he just didn't seem to get his game going. He had a couple of decent runs but nothing to get excited about. Plus the Denver defence seemed set up to combat the run. Even Bettis wasn't getting more than a couple of yards at a time.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users