Malazan Empire: The Gardening Thread - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Gardening Thread Anyone here do it ?

#1 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 24 April 2024 - 04:38 AM

Funny enough I'm in the beautiful Sonoran desert which just teams with so much beauty. Plant wise. Been gardening off and on for quite awhile. Been doing succulents since covid. My GF has a luscious garden and we both really enjoy doing this together as we go to home and garden shows, to local planting classes and our local botanical gardens. One of my big regrets is no greenhouse, but we are saving to make this a reality as this would increase yields by quite a bit.

Stuff grows crazy well here as long as it's in season..as it gets hot more water..I grow inside too with lamps during summer.

I think my next succulent I'm going for by seed will be Cyphostemma currorii..as it's so unique. Always looking for fun plants to add to that collection ..

Anyhow how does your greenthumb fair ?
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#2 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 April 2024 - 09:16 AM

Ah, the "Sonoran Odhan".

I'd define my gardening style as "slash and burn" or "minimalist". :p

But it sounds like you're going well, so good on you. :)

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 24 April 2024 - 09:18 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#3 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 26 April 2024 - 12:50 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 24 April 2024 - 04:38 AM, said:

Funny enough I'm in the beautiful Sonoran desert which just teams with so much beauty. Plant wise. Been gardening off and on for quite awhile. Been doing succulents since covid. My GF has a luscious garden and we both really enjoy doing this together as we go to home and garden shows, to local planting classes and our local botanical gardens. One of my big regrets is no greenhouse, but we are saving to make this a reality as this would increase yields by quite a bit.

Stuff grows crazy well here as long as it's in season..as it gets hot more water..I grow inside too with lamps during summer.

I think my next succulent I'm going for by seed will be Cyphostemma currorii..as it's so unique. Always looking for fun plants to add to that collection ..

Nico look into olla balls https://cuttingedgec...s/50-olla-balls these were invented by a friend of mine in Tucson. They are really good at conserving water.

This post has been edited by Lady Bliss: 26 April 2024 - 12:50 AM

"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#4 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 April 2024 - 09:13 AM

View PostLady Bliss, on 26 April 2024 - 12:50 AM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 24 April 2024 - 04:38 AM, said:

Nico look into olla balls https://cuttingedgec...s/50-olla-balls these were invented by a friend of mine in Tucson. They are really good at conserving water.

Alla balls look like ... some sort of adult plaything ... that I have ... heard of ... :ermm:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 01 May 2024 - 06:01 AM

I'm not having a good start to the growing season. I germinate veg seeds indoors in spring then move them outside. I started later than usual this year as it had been a very cold and wet UK spring. Germination was successful but when I started hardening them off outside (in preparation for permanent outdoor life) it was still too cold so my tomatoes in particular have taken a backwards step. They will be fine but will take a while to bounce back which will probably reduce the fruit.

I grew cucumbers for the first time last year and that was a success so I am trying more varieties this year. Looking forward to the round yellow ones.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users