• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Have we given up on the Tiste novels? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 04 April 2024 - 04:11 PM

The topic says it all.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#2 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 04 April 2024 - 04:38 PM

How many novels can you write about an ex Bobby on the Isle of Man?
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#3 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 April 2024 - 08:37 PM

View PostCyphon, on 04 April 2024 - 04:38 PM, said:

How many novels can you write about an ex Bobby on the Isle of Man?

Well, given how dangerous Midsomer is, I expect you could drag it out to at least 50 novels ...

But on topic - wasn't SE talking about (remote) possibilities recently of finishing the trilogy?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 04 April 2024 - 08:38 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#4 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 04 April 2024 - 08:46 PM

To keep this off tangent, my wife is currently watching through all of the midsummer murders series, so you're probably right there is probably quite a lot to mine there.

On topic, didnt these just get put on hold because they weren't commercially successful enough?
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#5 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 04 April 2024 - 10:15 PM

Walk in Shadow did get put on hold because of sales. Too dirge like and not enough humor.

So we have the Toblakai books going.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#6 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 05 April 2024 - 10:33 AM

I'm sure I saw something recently about him possibly revisiting/finishing off Walk in Shadow.

Or did I just dream it?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#7 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain

Posted 05 April 2024 - 11:43 AM

Erikson has said he plans to return to Walk in Shadow after he finishes No Life Forsaken and another Bauchelain and Korbal Broach novella. Of course, he said the same thing after The God is Not Willing. No Life Forsaken has taken longer than he expected and was originally supposed to be completed by early 2023.

Over the years he's written several hundred pages of Walk in Shadow -- so much that he's talked of splitting out the Jaghut war on death (or maybe it was the High King material?) into a fourth book. Whether that's feasible with his publisher is unknown.

This post has been edited by ArchieVist: 05 April 2024 - 11:59 AM

#8 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 05 April 2024 - 03:23 PM

View PostArchieVist, on 05 April 2024 - 11:43 AM, said:

Erikson has said he plans to return to Walk in Shadow after he finishes No Life Forsaken and another Bauchelain and Korbal Broach novella. Of course, he said the same thing after The God is Not Willing. No Life Forsaken has taken longer than he expected and was originally supposed to be completed by early 2023.

Over the years he's written several hundred pages of Walk in Shadow -- so much that he's talked of splitting out the Jaghut war on death (or maybe it was the High King material?) into a fourth book. Whether that's feasible with his publisher is unknown.

Yes, he said about 300 I think. And also that he knew how to go on with it. But it might take some time I think, with other books coming first.

#9 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 10 April 2024 - 03:42 PM

re No Life Forsaken:

STATUS: As of December 2023, Erikson says he was about 3/4 of the way through writing the novel when he "realised that I was writing two novels--not one. And so structurally, it was a mess. And so what I had to do was step back and reorder basically everything I had done up to this point. And then having reordered it, I realised I needed to start adding some bridging scenes and bridging chapters that could link them back up and make it a bit more of a cohesive storyline as opposed to two. So that's kind of what I'm hammering away at right now. It's weird to be working on Chapter 4 knowing I've got, I don't know, 17 chapters already written past that.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#10 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 15 April 2024 - 06:40 AM

View Postchamp, on 10 April 2024 - 03:42 PM, said:

re No Life Forsaken:

STATUS: As of December 2023, Erikson says he was about 3/4 of the way through writing the novel when he "realised that I was writing two novels--not one. And so structurally, it was a mess. And so what I had to do was step back and reorder basically everything I had done up to this point. And then having reordered it, I realised I needed to start adding some bridging scenes and bridging chapters that could link them back up and make it a bit more of a cohesive storyline as opposed to two. So that's kind of what I'm hammering away at right now. It's weird to be working on Chapter 4 knowing I've got, I don't know, 17 chapters already written past that.

Was this about No Life Forsaken or WiS?

#11 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 15 April 2024 - 02:09 PM

View PostAvatar, on 15 April 2024 - 06:40 AM, said:

View Postchamp, on 10 April 2024 - 03:42 PM, said:

re No Life Forsaken:

Was this about No Life Forsaken or WiS?

re No Life.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users