Malazan Empire: Path or Paths - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1

Path or Paths

#1 User is offline   The Dark Wanderer 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 April 2023 - 07:47 PM

Possibly a UK oddity, but I noticed that FotHM is being marketed as 'A Tale of the Paths to Ascendency' as opposed to the previous 'Path to Ascendency'.

Having just finished so spoliers happy and this comment based on the blurb so I don't think it's spoilery, I wonder whether this is due to the emphasis on Tayschrenn this time round especially given where he ends up long term.

#2 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 19 April 2023 - 07:07 PM

I think it's just an anomaly rather than setting up spin offs that are tales of the paths to ascendency. ICE said 5 novels leading up to GOTM and the next book is clearly going to be the 7c campaign, with the focus on the champion culture.

Depending on how they've sold maybe they'll do more pre ascendancy novels but I don't think anything has been confirmed

#3 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 19 April 2023 - 07:16 PM

I think it's just an anomaly rather than setting up spin offs that are tales of the paths to ascendency. ICE said 5 novels leading up to GOTM and the next book is clearly going to be the 7c campaign, with the focus on the champion culture.

Depending on how they've sold maybe they'll do more pre ascendancy novels but I don't think anything has been confirmed

#4 User is offline   I know Jhek Shit 

• Recruit

Posted 20 April 2023 - 08:07 AM

I think ICE confirmed in a podcast with Iskar Jarak and another guy from the Ten Very Big Books pocasts that it is now Paths plural due to it now encompassing Tayschrenn and others moving in that direction, not just Kellanved and Dancer.

https://youtu.be/LOTKl0AtVjw?t=3228

around that timestamp i think

#5 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain

Posted 22 April 2023 - 07:48 PM

That's ok, the US publisher erroneously lists it as Novels of the Malazan Empire Volume 7. Not a joke.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users