• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

need rereaaaaaaaaaaddd

#1 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 January 2023 - 07:06 PM

Ever have this happen....? You're responding to another post and you go looking for a bit of information you forgot and you reread some old post and BANG... you need to reread the MBF series...

View PostAbyss, on 31 March 2009 - 03:15 PM, said:

To this day, having read everything Malazan written so far, DG still remains one of my all time fave books ever. I switch back and forth somewhat between DG and MoI as absolute fave Malazan book, but either way, DG is awesome and the Chain of Dogs one of the most unique and novel fantasy storylines i have read.

Vathar Crossing is amazing. All of it, from the butterflies to the betrayal to Sorno's death to the marines to the part where the refugees go nuts and rush the archers in the forest, it blows me away every time i read it.

Coltaine is a big part of why DG is so great. Without ever giving us his pov, SE shows us by the povs of Duiker and others around him just why the refugees, and even the enemy, start to believe that Coltaine can do the impossible.

His death at the Fall, especially Squint having to make the shot, is shattering.

I have a few others that have always stood out...

On the Chain of Dogs...

When the sappers pop up on the ramp from under their sheilds;
When the Nobles' servants are enlisted in the Malazan army;
When Coltain 'demotes' the sappers' Captain;

Fiddler and co...

Apsalar taking out the riders early on;
When Fid's horse stays with him even as crazed shapeshifters are closing in;
The run for Tremolor, everything's going nuts, shapeshifters everywhere, Icarium's losing it... and Pust calls for help... and the Hounds of Shadow respond;

Felisin and Heboric...

Fener being depigged when Baudin puts Heboric's green hand on his tattoos;
Gryllen's wave of rats eating Kulp - in a holy fuck, did that just happen? sort of way;

Kalam...

Everything about Kalam's run at Laseen particularly the Malaz island rat dog eating a Claw's face, and Minala's excellent ride to the rescue. GotM doesn't really show Kalam at his full potential - he spends a lot of time being foil to QB. But SE spends much of DG with other people reacting to the fact that this. Is. KALAM. And then after Pearl stabs him and pitches him over the side and things are looking bad, Kalam does his hide-body-heat thing, grabs a pair of pliars and a bag of tacks and starts killing Claws, and we see, we REALLY see, just why he's legendary.

- Abyss, fan.

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users