Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Game Awards 2022

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 December 2022 - 02:44 AM

Couldn't sleep so I'm watching the show at 3 o'clock at night.

Who kidnapped Al Pacino from his retirement home? Had to Skip though that and Christopher Judge's speech.

So far my biggest surprise was the reveal of Judas, by the creator of Bioshock, Ken Levine. I thought he'd never return.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 09 December 2022 - 03:32 AM

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 December 2022 - 03:29 AM

Death Stranding 2.

Kind of excited for this despite the first games flaws. The story was awful, the writing was awful, the actors were awful... But it was incredibly fascinating and chill to play the game.

#3 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 December 2022 - 04:58 AM

Dontnod finally revealed a new action game- "Banishers". It's been known they are working with Focus again after Vampyr since Spring 2018, so it's nice to finally have it revealed.

"Scars Above" got a release date in the pre-show trailer: it's coming Feb 28th, and having played the demo, I'm pretty stoked for it.

Sony's march of PC ports continues, with "Returnal" and Last of Us making the jump next year. Also, an announcement trailer for an expansion for Forgotten West, so I guess we'll see the full package on PC in Spring of 2024

Space Marine II looks awesome. Splash Damage are making a Transformers game.

Oh, and there's a Hades II coming to Early Access.

There was a bunch of trailers and some release dates for AAA stuff (the new Jedi game, FFXVI, Returnal, Suicide Squad, Forspoken)- but I found myself kinda indifferent, b/c we knew about all those.
There's a new Armored Core, which is kinda cool, dunno how much that'll actually be my thing, though.

The 2 teams that made Darksiders broke my heart a bit: Gunfire Games is making Remnant II, while the original creator Joe Mad is making a hero shooter thing in collaboration with Digital Extremes and Sony.

There's a few new things (that "After Us" 3D platformer thing, Judas (which I need to rematch the trailer for, b/c my connection crapped out then), and that "wizard FPS" that's being publushed thru EA Originals. There wasn't really a "major" new thing for me, but the show's pacing was a lot better I felt. I guess the fact that I was playing Ghost Song and just paying attention to the trailers I thought were cool helped.

EDIT: oh yeah, there's a Hellboy game, too. That's pretty neat.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 09 December 2022 - 06:11 AM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#4 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 December 2022 - 07:03 PM

Hades 2 has me excited, however it looks more open than the previous game. Less a maze of of random rooms and more rpg like diablo. Hard to say from the brief view but there were no room boundaries that I saw in any of the shots.

#5 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 December 2022 - 12:15 AM

JEDI SURVIVOR!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 10 December 2022 - 03:21 AM

View PostCause, on 09 December 2022 - 07:03 PM, said:

Hades 2 has me excited, however it looks more open than the previous game. Less a maze of of random rooms and more rpg like diablo. Hard to say from the brief view but there were no room boundaries that I saw in any of the shots.

I was trying to figure out from the short clip we saw just how different it looks to the first game. Either way sure it'll be epic, I think this is the first sequel Supergiant will have done.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users