Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New user registration process broken?

#1 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 November 2021 - 02:33 AM

I saw this post on r/Malazan from someone trying (and failing) to register here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Malazan/comments/qy9um8/not_sure_where_else_to_ask_but_does_anyone_know/

Not sure where else to ask, but does anyone know how to actually finish the registration at malazanempire.com? I think it's broken.
I've tried registering from several emails but it never actually sends the confirmation email. I have also tried emailing the admin but haven't gotten a response over the last few months. There is a ton of content that I would love to be able to see, especially a lot of the Malazan art which is kind of hard to find. I'm always surprised at how few references I find to the series out in the world. Anyway I know this is a long shot but maybe if someone knows someone who is a site admin they could let them know the registration process might be broken.

I'm not sure if the admins here can really do anything without specifically knowing the email address from which they are trying to register, but maybe someone can see if there is some issue with the process in general.
Thanks.

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 22 November 2021 - 04:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up ArchieVist! I've messaged them over reddit and will investigate!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 August 2023 - 04:42 PM

Here's another one of these.

https://old.reddit.c...n_empire_forum/

#4 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 26 August 2023 - 11:48 AM

Thanks ArchieVist, looking into it - we have just moved our hosting so that might have broken the email function for new users.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users