• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 2021 June 12-15

#1 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 April 2021 - 06:13 PM

I know we're about a month and a half out, but I wanted to get the discussion started early. We didn't get an E3 last year (that summer of games remote events spread over June-Aug 2020 was alright I guess), so am looking forward to E3 this year, even though I think it will primarily be virtual events streamed online (I miss the big crowd reactions in the auditoriums).

So, what are you guys looking forward to? Early rumors I'm hearing is Microsoft is going to drop some big announcements, not necessary in game titles, but new relationships that supposedly will have jaws dropping.

#2 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 April 2021 - 05:06 AM

Microsoft might go really big, they're kicking ass with GamePass, but their 1st party library is lagging behind Sony. They'll get a chance for some wow factor, maybe. Also, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Ubi is there. I want them to remind the world that Beyond Good and Evil 2 exists (and drop the always online for that game, plz); most likely they'll show the Avatar game tho and make that, and Far Cry their focus.

Squeenix is doing a thing; I can see them revealing the Guardians of the Galaxy game that Eidos Montreal has been working on; I predict much heartbreak for me, because there won't be a Deus Ex or a Legacy of Kain announcement; the Japanese branch might give details on Babylon's Fall, tho which would be nice. Forspoken, FF16, or more details on other versions of FF7 Remake are also possible. Plus any number of weird publishing collabs- they do a bunch of those.

WB's big hitters (Harry Potter and Batman) got delayed to next year, so....eeeeh? They've got the Lego game + Back 4 Blood, but I don't really care. Maybe they'll reveal what Monolith's next Nemesis system game is (Matrix?)

2K should tease Bioshock Next; Also, X-Com3; And I think the Mafia devs are working on a new IP, too. Private Division is supposed to be publishing the new game from the Ori devs- it's an action RPG, a Diablo-like, I think.

SEGA is gonna dominate the PC Gaming Show, because both Humankind and Total Warhammer 3 are out this year; maybe we'll get some more Japanese ports, seeing how they've started porting Persona and Shin Megami Tensei games now; I also really wanna see Core Decay at that show, it's a Deus-Exy imsim that looks very nice; it's published by 3D Realms, and they might be at the show? or they might do their own thing

I want confirmations that the following games are alive: Bloodlines 2, Dying Light 2, Atomic Heart, System Shock 3. Oh, and Devolver has to do a thing, to give me a Shadow Warrior 3 release date.

THQN will be there, so I want a Darksiders 4 announcement. It's been a long time since 3. THQN should also announce Elex 2 soon. On the Deep Silver side, I think there's more Saints Row on the way.

Not sure if Focus Home will be there, or if they're gonna wait for GamesCom; They're releasing a lot of games now (April-June), and I think their only other announced title for this year is Evil West (which I do wanna see more of); But they've also got partnerships with DontNod (the Vampyr team), Asobo (The Plague Tale team), as well as Deck 13's new IP in the works- so it'd be cool to see some of those revealed.

Sony is a wild card; I'm just curious when they're gonna announce more titles from their upcoming "slate" of PC ports. "Days Gone" is probably gonna be a pass for me, I'm not big on zombie fiction.

Probably forgetting a few (and I'm purposefully not talking about FromSoft, cuz I don't wanna jinx it- Bamco's got a busy schedule already), but those are the main ones I think.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 21 May 2021 - 04:52 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:57 PM

I'm expecting wow factor from Microsoft. If I remember, last year during one of the early "summer of games" events that they put on left people disappointed. So I think they will attempt to rectify that.

As far as games, not sure what I want to see more of. I probably need to think about it some. Obviously, God of War Ragnarök, and possibly that Gollum game. Oh and Dying Light 2. Also, I am always looking forward to games that haven't been announced yet. I wonder what we'll get? But as we are at the next gen console cycle, I expect to hear about a lot of services and features coming that is specific to that.

#4 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 April 2021 - 04:21 PM

Is that odd outfit slated to do something this E3? I think the name is Devolver? They always close out a day with an evening presentation that has skits and such, and is just an overall oddball vibe, right?

#5 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 April 2021 - 06:52 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 30 April 2021 - 04:21 PM, said:

Is that odd outfit slated to do something this E3? I think the name is Devolver? They always close out a day with an evening presentation that has skits and such, and is just an overall oddball vibe, right?

I haven't heard a confirmation yet, but I'd be shocked if we didn't get another installment in the Devolver Cinematic Universe. The legend of Nina Struthers must live on.

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 April 2021 - 07:10 PM

I think after the last two Devolver shows they should cut them. They jumped the shark after year 2 I feel.

#7 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 April 2021 - 11:15 PM

View PostAptorian, on 30 April 2021 - 07:10 PM, said:

I think after the last two Devolver shows they should cut them. They jumped the shark after year 2 I feel.

I dunno, I liked the Devolverland story.
And the game/interactive marketing reel was pretty neat too

#8 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 May 2021 - 03:39 PM

About a month out. You guys hearing or reading about anything coming together? It's been zero dark thirty thus far from my trusted sources, so I think cards are being held close to the vest until the event kicks off. It's usually pretty typical for information to start hitting the video game news media circuits as E3 approaches though. What are your trusted sources telling you?

[EDIT] I'm looking for a schedule (has one been posted yet?) and streaming options to watch.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 06 May 2021 - 03:40 PM

#9 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 06 May 2021 - 05:37 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 06 May 2021 - 03:39 PM, said:

About a month out. You guys hearing or reading about anything coming together? It's been zero dark thirty thus far from my trusted sources, so I think cards are being held close to the vest until the event kicks off. It's usually pretty typical for information to start hitting the video game news media circuits as E3 approaches though. What are your trusted sources telling you?

[EDIT] I'm looking for a schedule (has one been posted yet?) and streaming options to watch.

Focus Home announced they are going to announce "3 new major games at E3 and more at Game Awards"

It is known they are working with their newly-bought dev Deck 13 (The Surge 1&2) on a new IP; they also have new projects with the Dontnod team that made "Vampyr" and the Asobo team that made "Plague Tale: Innocence". It's unknown if these are sequels (both games were commercially successful), or new IPs, but I'm looking forward to them either way.

#10 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 May 2021 - 01:30 AM

I guess some buzz is building that Microsoft is going to bring it hard with Halo Infinite. Something about the initial tease of that falling flat. I sort of remember that. The graphics looked not even PS4/Xbone gen, but the gen before that. I know they have leaked screen shots that look pretty nice, so this wouldn't surprise me.

I, for one, hope there is something about The Gunk.

#11 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 10 May 2021 - 03:09 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 10 May 2021 - 01:30 AM, said:

I guess some buzz is building that Microsoft is going to bring it hard with Halo Infinite. Something about the initial tease of that falling flat. I sort of remember that. The graphics looked not even PS4/Xbone gen, but the gen before that. I know they have leaked screen shots that look pretty nice, so this wouldn't surprise me.

I, for one, hope there is something about The Gunk.

Gunk is scheduled for a Q3 release.
It feels like Microsoft's answer to Kena - an indie/AA action-adventure with a female protagonist. I think I saw somewhere that it's a lifetime console exclusive.

There's a lot of buzz about StarField being a Microsoft exclusive. I'm kinda meh about Bethesda games, because I never actually played one (I started Morrowind forever ago, but I wasn't in the right mindset for a deep RPG at the time). But that's supposedly their big "new" killer title in the not-too distant future, until Obsidian can ramp up properly.
-I'd like to see Hellblade II, b/c I wanna know what they are doing with the "madness" aspect, and what, if anything, will replace the pattern recognition puzzles. I don't think Hellblade would benefit from going open-world, though if they make a 3-act structure, I can imagine a "wide linear" a la Witcher 2 where you can hop between several distinct zones to be a good alternative that would allow them to mix exploration and set pieces.
-Also curious about Everwild, because... well, look at it! At the very least I'd like to know if it's a single- or multi-player game, so I can adjust interest.

Generally, though, I'm firmly in the indie/AA mindset right now with what i'm playing, so I'm not phased about AAA open-world timesink franchise sequels. I'll watch the shows and probaly like a lot of stuff, but I'm just not into crazy hype right now.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 21 May 2021 - 04:55 PM

#12 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:13 PM

I liked the initial tease of Halo Infinite. The people at 343 said 'what do you want from the next halo' and people screamed 'make it look like Halo 1' so they did :)

Rumors abound that Microsoft bought hundreds of millions of dollars worth of Starfield advertisement time for later this year, which would suggest that it'll be shown off at Microsoft's E3 thingy, but I guess we'll see.

Not a lot announced so far this year that really interests me, but we'll see what happens. Maybe there will be something to blow my socks off shown at e3. We can hope!
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#13 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, as a Halo neophyte (still need to go back and play ODST and Halo 4), I though that Infinite looked fine. You've got a big, chaotic level, a warthog, a grappling hook, a global map. It looked fun.

I really do wanna see proper free-form S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 gameplay, because I need to know if they've managed to retain the unique atmosphere of the series, or if it's gonna become post-apoc theme park RPG.

#14 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:01 PM

So EA is going to have their own thing a month after E3? Not really surprised by that. I sorta check out of paying attention when EA has done their part of past E3s. I'm guessing there will be sports games aplenty, other than that, not sure what they plan to announce.

#15 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:32 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 May 2021 - 08:01 PM, said:

So EA is going to have their own thing a month after E3? Not really surprised by that. I sorta check out of paying attention when EA has done their part of past E3s. I'm guessing there will be sports games aplenty, other than that, not sure what they plan to announce.

Fallen Order 2, probably. Also, might get some Dragon Age info bits- mebbe gameplay?

#16 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 May 2021 - 05:28 PM

Rumor that Tom Cruise will be in Starfield. If the rumor is true, do you think he will make an E3 appearance? Like Keanu at the 2019 event?

#17 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 20 May 2021 - 05:46 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 May 2021 - 05:28 PM, said:

Rumor that Tom Cruise will be in Starfield. If the rumor is true, do you think he will make an E3 appearance? Like Keanu at the 2019 event?

This isn't gonna be a stage show, so I don't think it'd have as much impact if they were to do a Zoom call with him, tbh.

Geoff Keighley is gonna be doing a show on June 10th (2 days before E3 starts) featuring "about 30 games". I expect a good chunk of those will be updates to GAAS stuff, though, so not getting super-excited.

#18 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:02 PM

Another rumor/speculation is that Microsoft will do a reveal of Psychonauts 2 and announce that "you can play it now on Xbox and PC" during what ever event they're planning.

#19 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 20 May 2021 - 09:13 PM

View PostAptorian, on 20 May 2021 - 06:02 PM, said:

Another rumor/speculation is that Microsoft will do a reveal of Psychonauts 2 and announce that "you can play it now on Xbox and PC" during what ever event they're planning.

On the one hand, Psychonauts store page went up recently, so a shadow-drop would make sense.

On the other hand, Psychonauts 2 is going to be Game Informer's cover story for the month of June, which suggests it won't be out in June.
I can see a beta/demo being made available on the day of E3, with full release before the end of the summer.

#20 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 21 May 2021 - 03:53 AM

Don't ruin my dreams, Ment!

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users