• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL Discussion

#141 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 January 2022 - 01:06 AM

Wow, that 49ers / Cowboys ending. Jerry Jones is going to have some things to say. That play the Cowboys ran is sus. That's putting a lot of faith on the intangibles going your way. With that little amount of time left, I wouldn't have called that play. They seemed to be moving the ball well enough with passing plays or hook and ladder type trickery to the sideline. I probably would have kept doing that or take a shot at throwing to the end zone (they were close enough, I think?) The 49ers started to wise up though, so who knows.

#142 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 17 January 2022 - 04:55 PM

And THAT ending is why many were quite unsure of Mike McCarthy becoming head coach of Dallas in the first place. But he seemed like exactly the kind of coach Jerry Jones would and does hire. And that is exactly why I had the feeling if any favorite was going down, it would be Dallas. What a cluster.

#143 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 17 January 2022 - 07:43 PM

Well I'm happy! Don't know much about any ending or whatever (I did manage to get to watch a bit while I was trying to get one of the twins to sleep!) but I'm not that bothered. Just got to hope that Jimmy G can outplay that douchebag Rodgers...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#144 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 January 2022 - 05:41 AM

Jimmy G better get his game buttoned up before rolling into Green Bay. He could have avoided all the drama at the end there if he would have made sure his offense was set before that QB sneak for a first down. Instead, false start penalty gave the ball back over to the Cowboys.

#145 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 18 January 2022 - 02:04 PM

Jimmy apparently also has a right shoulder sprain, on top of the thumb ligament issue. Despite the terrible INT he threw in the 2nd half against Dallas, SF will need him to play well to knock off GB. If Bosa plays, SF has a shot, imo. Green Bay/Rodgers has had plenty of trouble with SF in the recent past...

#146 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 23 January 2022 - 04:22 AM

Well now. :D
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#147 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 January 2022 - 08:05 PM

Special teams and the ever under appreciated kicker. Rumors already that QAaron Rogangers is going to retire now.

Well, it's up to you Matt Stafford to knock Tom Brady off the NFL top of the mountain. Wouldn't it be something though if Brady and Jimmy G meet in the NFC Championship? Remember when Belichick allegedly wanted to ship an aging Brady out of New England and replace him with his backup? (a one Jimmy Garoppolo). That NFC Championship match-up guarantees Bucs into the Super Bowl though.

#148 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:38 PM

What a hootenanny!

As CC stated, third game of the weekend that ended with a walk off field goal. (under appreciated kicker indeed!). Get this, every game's kick to win it did so with 4 seconds left on the clock. What the whaaaa!

Man, it's going to be a refreshing two weeks build up to the Super Bowl without hearing daily how awesome Tom Brady is. So that will be something to look forward to.

#149 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 January 2022 - 07:04 PM

Andy Reid, in the post game media interview after that win, coined the next big Nike (or whatever brand) next phrase in a future mktg campaign - "When it's grim, be the Grim Reaper."

#150 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 24 January 2022 - 09:26 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 23 January 2022 - 04:22 AM, said:

Well now. :D

Indeed!

I am reduced to now pulling for Burrow and the Bengals and I hope to then sit back to watch your team beat down the Rams for the 7th straight time. Knowing a little bit about teams that mine matches up badly with (the Saints and the Rams) there is no doubt in my mind that is the situation between SF and the Rams.

Is it possible that Todd Bowles' puzzling defensive calls during the final minute of Rams/Bucs could cost him a new head coaching job?

#151 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 24 January 2022 - 09:39 PM

I just don't want the Chiefs to get there.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#152 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 24 January 2022 - 09:49 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 24 January 2022 - 09:39 PM, said:

I just don't want the Chiefs to get there.

I'm with you there. Leslie Frasier also with puzzling defensive calls at the end of that game for Buffalo.

#153 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 January 2022 - 08:48 PM

Sean Payton stepping down as coach of the 'aints. Rumors are beginning that the move is because he will become the new coach of the Cowboys.

#154 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 25 January 2022 - 09:25 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 25 January 2022 - 08:48 PM, said:

Sean Payton stepping down as coach of the 'aints. Rumors are beginning that the move is because he will become the new coach of the Cowboys.

Just heard some of his press conference. He is apparently not coaching anywhere this year, but isn't ruling it out in the future. I could see Jerry Jones coming hard for him after this next season if McCarthy doesn't get Dallas in the Superbowl. Plus, he's under contract with N.O. through '24, I think? So he would have to have a new team compensate N.O., ala the Bucs and Gruden back in the day. It will look REALLY bad, optics wise, if Payton ends up in Dallas for the '22 season...

#155 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 January 2022 - 08:37 PM

Tom Brady to retire. Probably gonna go hard as a mofo on his TB12 method / wellness brand now. New cookbook selling for $600 probably coming this fall (probably).

Posted Image

#156 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 January 2022 - 03:32 AM

That Stafford / Kupp connection is something. Not sure right now who has the edge in the Super Bowl, Rams or Bengals. Just hope it's a good one.

That ending for Jimmy G sure didn't do his resume any favors for landing with a new team next season.

#157 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 31 January 2022 - 04:23 AM

Ah man, gutted. Hoping for a Bengals win now.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#158 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 31 January 2022 - 02:50 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 31 January 2022 - 04:23 AM, said:

Ah man, gutted. Hoping for a Bengals win now.

Man, your boys HAD that game! That dropped INT was the killer. The Rams defense finally became too much on SF's final 2 possessions. Stafford was THAT close to being to blame for them NOT making the SB.

I absolutely loved watching Cincy put down KC in their own house. Burrow is skyrocketing up the list of best QBs in the game. They will be doubted for the SB, as well, and that's probably fine with them. They can beat the Rams, I believe. Cincy's O line is a concern but Burrow keeps overcoming their issues. Cincy's defense will need to be as good as they were in the 2nd half yesterday.

#159 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 January 2022 - 07:15 PM

Glad the Chiefs got beat. Chiefs fans are the worst. I have some in my in my orbit and they are the most annoying people when it comes to their team.

I'm for the Rams, but I don't really have any strong allegiance to the either team (Rams or Bengals), other than Bengals are in division rivals to Steelers and do shady crap like hire Vontaze Burfict and Pacman Jones. Some theorize that Burffict's hit on Antonio Brown is what sent Brown down the spiral to where he is now (brain injury and such).

https://bleacherrepo...game-suspension

Joe Burrow is a solid dude though, if not a little cocky. Dude likes to style it in as he reports to the field on game day.

#160 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 31 January 2022 - 08:55 PM

I would have liked to see the Niners win. I would have been great to have seen a 6th seed make it against a 4th seed. I am glad that Stafford has a shot. He deserves it after being a lion for so long.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users