• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 5 - Chat Thread

#241 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 19 August 2020 - 09:57 PM

IH you are letting me have my choice yes? I'm choosing leadership
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#242 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 19 August 2020 - 11:06 PM

I should be able to get one more update in before I go if Nom gets his status up, but in case he doesn't before I go, I've sent Drek the next PO so she can move the game along while I'm gone!

#243 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 20 August 2020 - 01:28 AM

View Posttwelve, on 19 August 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

Hahaha. What are the chances all three of us do a cross post?

I've been sitting here refreshing every 30 seconds all week

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#244 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:33 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 19 August 2020 - 09:57 PM, said:

I thought you agreed to just give me the speaker token in the end? But I'll bear that in mind in the interest of good relations , and should be possible

#245 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:42 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 20 August 2020 - 05:33 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 19 August 2020 - 09:57 PM, said:

I thought you agreed to just give me the speaker token in the end? But I'll bear that in mind in the interest of good relations , and should be possible

I will convert all your commodities this round for the same reason. I saw you write it in brackets so assumed it was a given and did not re-write it

#246 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:56 AM

Ok seems like a bit of miscommunication. Could you tell me what you are planning to research?

#247 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 20 August 2020 - 06:14 AM

At the moment its fluid so nothing is set in stone due to circumstance. Initially was PDS and GLS but I won't know properly until nearer the time.

#248 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 20 August 2020 - 09:11 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 19 August 2020 - 10:25 AM, said:

Considering that the system is equidistant between us, and you'd struggle to take it and arinam/meer this turn anyway, that's not very generous of you :p

I'm not against you taking all of teq/torq, but I'm not going to cede it you in it's entirety and swap out your commodities without some quid pro quo.

Especially considering that if you follow that route you'll likely have a war sun on my borders.

I would like to take teq/torq, and wellon and be able to use there resources at least once before you take them back.

In return if you agree to leave my 'home' systems, quann, my homeworld, bereg lirta, and centauri gral alone, the saar ball won't contest you for your own core regions of arinam/meer, teq/toq, your homeworld and vefut(i'm happy to negotiate exceptions for scoring objectives), and I will swap out your commodities as much as I'm able to without being mentaxed.

We could do a ceasefire swap if that would help secure a lasting peace.

Busy days, so I haven't been able to sit down and do this properly, but I believe that can be worked out. Though keep in mind I'll need some kind of option for expansion beyond my immediate systems. So if you block all my avenues it'll get tricky.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#249 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 August 2020 - 04:10 PM

Nom you still playing my man?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#250 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 20 August 2020 - 08:09 PM

Yes yes very sorry various excuses little time, should get to much more acceptable levels of acivity next week

@D'rek: I'm not giving my racial to Hacan, I choose not to choose life, will much rather use it to negotiate an offensive from the Saar ball if it comes to that

@Morgoth: sorry for not responding but wouldn't have agreed anyway as it'd have supported d'rek's efforts against me, need to swap next round and would be happy to swap more than my 2c if possible, then again not sure if I will be able to neighbour you, I'm open to later PN exchange but not rn
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#251 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:37 PM

I've added the new public objective to Tatts' placeholder post.

It is: Lead From the Front -- 1VP -- Status Phase -- Spend a total of 3 tokens from your tactic and/or strategy pools.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#252 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 August 2020 - 11:40 PM

Tatts how do you want to play this round? I have 2 other options to score a PO so I dont 100% need to gain the 6 planet one. I do however expect to get paid to vacate 1 of the planets. Attacking me without working out a deal will likely cost you your carrier and if your Dreadnaught messes up on bombardment then you will actually reinforce the 1 planet you will invade. No sense letting things get messy. So to facilitate me vacating all peaceful like I'm thinking your research agreement will do nicely. If you dont think that's a fair price remember 1 carrier a fighter and 1 infantry is essentially 4 resources and that is the production cost of research. But feel free to float something else if you want.

#253 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 21 August 2020 - 06:48 AM

Twelve with your false value of a) the system c) my research agreement

That system should be split just like you wanted to do with Drek. Just as IH and Morgoth are agreeing to. Yet you are wanting to be paid for it.

Aren't you letting one of your other planets go to Hacan? Doesn't that mean you'd need 2 planets to score that objective?

If you want my research agreement after IH what are you willing to pay for it. Moving off a planet just because you got there first is not going to cut it.

#254 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 21 August 2020 - 07:30 AM

IH, in order to cement our burgeoning friendship, I hope you'll be willing to help me get these commodities off my hands.

#255 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 August 2020 - 10:47 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 21 August 2020 - 07:30 AM, said:

IH, in order to cement our burgeoning friendship, I hope you'll be willing to help me get these commodities off my hands.

I will help you clear out your commodities if you move from vague platitudes to an actual agreement sure :p

I've proposed what I think is equitable, if you agree to it or come up with a suitable counterproposal I could move so that I can swap out your commodities before you had to use trade to refresh them.

To be clear, I want to take teq/torc and wellon on my way elsewhere, I will get to use teq/torq for there resources at least once and I will get to use wellon's tech skip before you take them back. In return I can swap out your commodities, and I'd like to have an agreement in place for friendly relations for our home systems (I'm fully expecting you will be contesting me for places like Rex)

#256 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 21 August 2020 - 10:56 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 21 August 2020 - 10:47 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 21 August 2020 - 07:30 AM, said:

I will help you clear out your commodities if you move from vague platitudes to an actual agreement sure :p

I've proposed what I think is equitable, if you agree to it or come up with a suitable counterproposal I could move so that I can swap out your commodities before you had to use trade to refresh them.

To be clear, I want to take teq/torc and wellon on my way elsewhere, I will get to use teq/torq for there resources at least once and I will get to use wellon's tech skip before you take them back. In return I can swap out your commodities, and I'd like to have an agreement in place for friendly relations for our home systems (I'm fully expecting you will be contesting me for places like Rex)

Yeah, sorry, things have been hectic and I haven't had the time/energy to pop open the map and everything. But yes, I believe that is an acceptable deal. I have no issue with the home system thing either, though considering my movement I guess I could reach yours somewhere around round 9.

#257 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 August 2020 - 01:50 PM

I can wait until you have time, it;s going to be a while before my first move I think.

#258 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 21 August 2020 - 02:06 PM

Tatts, how do you feel about playing LEADERSHIP as your very first thing? I'd be all for it.

#259 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 August 2020 - 02:44 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 21 August 2020 - 06:48 AM, said:

Twelve with your false value of a) the system c) my research agreement

That system should be split just like you wanted to do with Drek. Just as IH and Morgoth are agreeing to. Yet you are wanting to be paid for it.

Aren't you letting one of your other planets go to Hacan? Doesn't that mean you'd need 2 planets to score that objective?

If you want my research agreement after IH what are you willing to pay for it. Moving off a planet just because you got there first is not going to cut it.

What did you give IH your research agreement for? And I'm still a bit confused as to what you got for the speaker token. Letting the Saar get warfare? Not smart. As for the Hacan they have a bigger stick than you and the JolNar are just too flexible of a race to go easy on them. Plus if I can get a free gravity drive I think I need to try.

#260 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 August 2020 - 02:59 PM

Tatts got peace, prosperity and a friendly lovable neighbour :)

Its your turn to pick strategy fyi

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

32 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users