Malazan Empire: 2020 Malazan Re-read: Reaper's Gale - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2020 Malazan Re-read: Reaper's Gale Starts August 1st (For those who have self-control)

#41 User is offline   ContrarianMalazanReader 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 August 2022 - 10:47 PM

The Bonehunters was IMO the last truly good book out of the main saga, because afterwards Erikson got his head way too far up his own arse in terms of writing style, which starts with this book.

RG was a very tedious read for me, feeling like a chore for the most part, however the book is redeemed by its final two chapters, which I can only describe as Epic.

Prior to reading RG the most commented aspect about the book I knew of was Beak's story, which everyone said was very touching and a real tearjerker, but frankly I didn't find it to be anything special. Maybe because I've grown accustomed to dealing with mentally challenged people.

I absolutely hate Hetan's character assassination. She went from this badass warrior to a passive housewife. WTF Erikson?

I really wish we could've have learned about the Tiste Edur's fate after they retreated back to the wilderness.

#42 User is offline   ContrarianMalazanReader 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 August 2022 - 02:23 AM

I forgot to mention, while I was indifferent to Tehol in MT, he got really irritating from this book onwards.

I don't know why Tehol is so popular among readers, as he only seems to say witty dialogue, which got really grating whenever I read through his conversations with Mael (forgot the name he's living under). I mean seriously, who talks like this? I just couldn't get into him.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users