Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chaining Multiple times?

#1 User is offline   Emancipor Reese 

• Elemental Force
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:14 AM

So Im at the part where Kalam has just purchased the two long-knives and found out from the seller that a new house has been formed (House of Chains-The Crippled God) were he thinks to himself "You damned fool, Cotillion. You were at the last chaining were'nt you? You should have stuck a knife in the bastard right there and then.Now i wonder was Bellurdan there as well?"
I was under the impression that the Chaining had happened millenias earlier which led to the Shadow realm shattering into fragments and also Fanderay and Togg getting seperated-blown apartish! and Koreli being devastated?
But by the sounds of Kalam's thinking there has being more than one Chaining? with one happening in the last centuary or so-Cotillion/Bellurdan? Was there? And howcome-Why multiple chainings required? had it to do with
Spoiler
(this seems to ring a bell with me but Im not sure).
I've read series a few times and still some things manage to slip through unnoticed or forgotten!

This post has been edited by D'rek: 09 June 2020 - 01:39 PM
Reason for edit: spoiler box added

#2 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:12 AM

Yes, there was more than one chaining - as the fragment implies Posted Image As for why: that's explained or at least hinted at much further in the series.

I don't think there are any confirmed links between chaining and sundering of Emurlahn.

Regarding Korel being destroyed and Togg and Fanderay torn apart, that wasn't from a chaining. That was caused by the summoning of Crippled God from his realm by mages who were opposing Kallor.

#3 User is offline   Emancipor Reese 

• Elemental Force

Posted 09 June 2020 - 12:10 PM

Sugar yeah I just remembered about who Sundered Kurald Emurlahn(FS),, and the TCG being summoned lead to him being chained for fist time I should have said but I still can't remember why there was multiple chainings? I suppose continue my(3rd-4th) re-read again and find out and smile and then forget again and post silly questions againPosted Image, love this series every re-read is an eye opener. Thanks Siergiej.

#4 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 09 June 2020 - 12:48 PM

Sure thing. I didn't realize you were re-reading. I think there were multiple chainings because

Spoiler

#5 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 02 December 2022 - 04:22 PM

Hi,

I’ve just re-read this part too and it does kind of trigger the question: the sentence kind of implies Kalam knows about this particular Chaining and assumes Cotillion was there… When and where did this happen?

#6 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 02 December 2022 - 07:11 PM

Posted Image
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users