• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Summer of Gaming 2020 Various E3 substitute...things

#41 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 June 2020 - 01:25 PM

View PostMentalist, on 15 June 2020 - 04:06 AM, said:

Oh, and good news, Apt: Devolver is doing a thing in " mid-July". The saga of Robo-Struthers should continue!

Excitment rising!

#42 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 June 2020 - 07:15 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 June 2020 - 01:23 AM, said:

Also, it's not Horizon Zero Dawn 2 or HZD2. The name is Horizon, with Zero Dawn being the first installment and Forbidden West being the sequel teased today. So Horizon Forbidden West. Get it? Got it? Good.

This will be interesting, because the first game was pretty much in the west, with landmarks in my neck of the woods and the Frozen Wilds taking the location to Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. So I'm guessing the "Forbidden West" could be Nevada? or California? Or parts prohibited by the narrative with points near where the first one takes place that now will be accessible? I'm thinking maybe military locations in Nevada. Could be interesting to explore Area 51 in the framework of a Horizon game. Also, damn they keep diversifying the robot bestiary. A giant tortoise and mammoths now... cool. But how did they come to be?

Okay, in video - "The title 'Forbidden West' actually refers to a mysterious new frontier that stretches from Utah all the way to the Pacific Ocean." So that is going to be a pretty awesome world to explore.

#43 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:07 PM

More Avengers info coming today.
Afterwards IGN is doing another "Summer of Gaming" thing; which is cool because they're giving some spotlight to Biomutant (it lives!!! and I'm hopeful for a December release date!), as well as cool new indie game "No Place for Bravery"- a top down 2D fantasy viking RPG. Ir was revealed at one of the events in the post-Sony weekend (Guerilla Collective, I think?), and it looks pretty cool, looking forward to that.

EDIT: IGN also showed in-depth trailers/dev walkthrough for Dreamscaper and Raji: An Ancient Epic. Both games that I have played demos of and am looking forward to. Quite a strong show, overall. /edit.

And, ofc, Cyberpunk tomorrow.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 25 June 2020 - 03:13 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#44 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:06 PM

When is that Cyberpunk presser? And where can it be viewed? I'm all over that like a fat kid is all over the last piece of chocolate cake.

#45 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:16 PM

I'm watching the Avengers showcase.

It's actually okay. Not great but the action is solid and the graphics are purty.

The enemy variety seems very limited though and I still hate most of their character designs.

#46 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:28 PM

Avengers seems to be a Destiny type of game through and through. I'm actually a little excited for this now. I'm weary of the final product but I think there's a ton of potential.

#47 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:57 PM

Not a fan of "this story is not done; we'll add more later".

I tend to buy those games a year or so after launch at a big discount.

Actual gameplay looks... all right? like an action game.

that being said, the last Marvel thing I saw was Iron Man 2. so I'm not really invested in the IP.

#48 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:28 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 24 June 2020 - 05:06 PM, said:

When is that Cyberpunk presser? And where can it be viewed? I'm all over that like a fat kid is all over the last piece of chocolate cake.

Noon EST, I believe.

#49 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:57 PM

Where though? I was looking for it on YouTube, but anything associated with CDPR official on YouTube hasn't had a new video posted in like 6 mos or something. And didn't see any "live" event for this. Is it elusivly on Twitch?

Never mind, just saw your link int he Cyperpunk 2077 thread. Thanks!

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 25 June 2020 - 03:58 PM

#50 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 July 2020 - 05:06 PM

Okay, things have been slow of late. Any new events this week or next? I need to cook up a fat spoon of video game reveals and shoot that hype directly into my veins. *ChasingTheDragon

#51 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:10 PM

Shadow Warrior 3 got announced today

Devolver's conference in on the 11th; Ubi is doing their Ubisoft Forward thing on the 12th

Microsoft's showcase will be on the 23rd.

#52 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 07 July 2020 - 04:33 PM

Nacon, the rebranded BigBen publishing is doing a "connect". Werewolf: the Apocalypse - Earthblood gameplay reveal, a new Vampire: the Masquerade game from the developers of The Council; and a new game from Spiders (the GreedFall devs). Plus a bunch of racing games.

-The new Spiders game is called Steelrising- play as an automata bodyguard to Marie-Antoinette and stop the evil King Luis XVI and his robot army in the arly days of alt-history French Revolution.

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood Has a release date- Feb 4, 2021. EGS only on PC, so it'll depend on the state of the launcher by then.

Also coming to EGS in 2021 is Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong. Set in Boston, the narrative-RPG a la The Council follows 3 separate vampires dealing with the aftermath of a major Camarilla shake-up.

-Cyanide's also working on a roguelite turn-based RPG called Rogue Lords. Nice artstyle, but rogue-lite is a big turn-off for me.

-and then there are sports games (handball and tennis), racing games, and a roguelike deck-builder, because of course there is.

All in all, a bunch of games shown. Which is pretty cool for a Tuesday.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 07 July 2020 - 08:05 PM

#53 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 July 2020 - 07:48 PM

FWWWWAAAAAR CRYEEEEEEEE SIIIIIIIIIIX!!!!!!

#54 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:38 AM

I have a feeling I'm supposed to recognize the names of all those actors listed in the FC6 trailer.

But I don't. And I don't particularly care.

Overall, the show was decent, no real surprises. Valhalla footage was... all right? The "one on one fights in the middle of a massive brawl" combat system still feels really artificial. The breadth of activities is cool, but the Viking setting's not really jiving with me.

There's gonna be another one of these events later on. Hopefully some cool Gods & Monsters news come out of that one.

#55 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 22 July 2020 - 01:53 PM

How time flies. Tomorrow is the day of the big Microsoft 1st party showcase.

First off there will be 1 hour pre-show hosted by Geoff Keighley that'll have its own share of "World Premieres" from Microsoft's "partners" (be that 2nd party games like Tell Me Why, or 3rd party stuff like Medium- no one really knows, except FIFA's gonna be there to show off the box art at least). That's at 11 AM EST, followed by the 1-hour main show at noon EST that'll showcase a bunch of Microsoft's upcoming 1st party offerings. Halo Infinite campaign gameplay will obviously take center stage (the box art was just revealed, and Master Chief having a grappling hook is now confirmed), but Ninja Theory, Double Fine and Obsidian are also confirmed. It's highly likely that we'll see more Hellblade 2 (I really wanna know what they're doing with the pattern recognition puzzles- is there gonna be some new gameplay element replacing those?), Psychonauts 2, as well as something new from Obsidian. Playground's-secret-open-world-RPG-that-may-or-may-not-be-Fable should also make an appearance--and hopefully it's more than just a teaser so that we can get an impression of the setting and tone of the game.

Also, Everwild. I really wanna know what this game is gonna be to know whether to put it on ignore like Sea of Thieves, or to follow with interest.

Also also, Xbox Global Publishing should have some surprises. My bet's on a spiritual successor to Ninja Gaiden from the original creator who's not with Team Ninja anymore; but who knows?
-supposedly no Elden Ring though. *shrug*

Quite possibly not really a hype-fest, but there's plenty of things I'm interested in seeing there, so I'll be watching intently.

here's a link to the Keighley stream:

#56 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:40 PM

Ohh, the preshow is at 11 pm, excellent. In Danish time that would have been when I got off work. Now I have time to ride home and make dinner before the show starts.

I'm mainly just hoping to see 343 knock it out of the park with Halo: Infinite. For some reason, I think a lot of people agree, I feel the X-box's success pivots on the Halo brand. And like The One, Halo didn't do very well at all this generation. I hope this is a return to form and I hope they've done something crazy with Infinite.

Otherwise I'm, as always during these things, hoping for something unexpected. Something brand new for a new generation. Something besides more Halo, Forza, Gears, even Fable (Though I hope it gets a triumphant return).

#57 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 22 July 2020 - 04:33 PM

View PostAptorian, on 22 July 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

Ohh, the preshow is at 11 pm, excellent. In Danish time that would have been when I got off work. Now I have time to ride home and make dinner before the show starts.

I'm mainly just hoping to see 343 knock it out of the park with Halo: Infinite. For some reason, I think a lot of people agree, I feel the X-box's success pivots on the Halo brand. And like The One, Halo didn't do very well at all this generation. I hope this is a return to form and I hope they've done something crazy with Infinite.

Otherwise I'm, as always during these things, hoping for something unexpected. Something brand new for a new generation. Something besides more Halo, Forza, Gears, even Fable (Though I hope it gets a triumphant return).

I'm not crazy invested into Halo, because there's still a ton for me to catch up on, and Halo 5 isn't on PC (yet). That being said, Halo 3 had some pretty epic levels. SO if it's good, great. But it's unlikely to be a highlight for me.

I trust in Obsidian, though. Something new would be awesome, and I believe they should deliver.

#58 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 July 2020 - 03:23 PM

Obsidian are doing that Battle royal "Honey I Shrunk the kids" garden game, I think.

Anyway, 40 minutes to go. No release date or price planned. I'm tempering my hype.

#59 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 23 July 2020 - 03:42 PM

View PostAptorian, on 23 July 2020 - 03:23 PM, said:

Obsidian are doing that Battle royal "Honey I Shrunk the kids" garden game, I think.

Anyway, 40 minutes to go. No release date or price planned. I'm tempering my hype.

Grounded is actually out next week I think on PC and Xbox. Edit - I don't think its battle royale, its a base building/survival type game. I'm not even aware of it having PVP.

I'm more interested in DLC for The Outer Worlds and Halo and these Fable Rumors. Microsoft has purchased a bunch of game studios in the past couple years, I'm expecting them to show a lot of unexpected stuff, but I guess we'll see.

I bet they wont lead it off with GTAV like Sony did.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 23 July 2020 - 03:43 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#60 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 July 2020 - 03:52 PM

I think they might open with a halo cinematic and then show more Halo later in the show.

I think Halo, Fable, Gears and Forza trailers are given. Other trailers will probably be Senua and Elden Ring.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users