• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 02:32 PM

View PostKalse, on 12 May 2020 - 01:26 PM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 12 May 2020 - 01:09 PM, said:

View PostKalse, on 12 May 2020 - 12:57 PM, said:

View PostBarghast, on 12 May 2020 - 11:06 AM, said:

View PostGait, on 12 May 2020 - 10:31 AM, said:

I didn't actively "overlook" anything as you put it there.

I didn't say it was active or intentional

Lots of awkward knee-jerkiness around my semi-joke vote. I'll keep it there for now, while other are checking in (and hopefully doing more than that, unlike the last two posts)

Agreed, but its more "needlessly defensive" than knee-jerky if you ask me.

Could be something there I guess.

You're included in my statement :p

Am I meant to care?

#82 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 02:41 PM

View PostGait, on 12 May 2020 - 02:23 PM, said:

Lots of awkward knee-jerkiness around my semi-joke vote. I'll keep it there for now, while other are checking in (and hopefully doing more than that, unlike the last two posts)

Could you explain what you mean by "needlessly defensive"?

Also hello latecomers, welcome to the game.

it's pretty self evident what I mean if you read the posts quoted...

but if you need me to explain, all the "I did not this" and "I did not that" in that exchange stemming from a very innocuous exchange seems needlessly defensive...*shrug*

#83 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 04:13 PM

Has everyone posted now?

#84 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 04:45 PM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 11 May 2020 - 11:04 PM, said:

View PostThyrllan, on 11 May 2020 - 10:27 PM, said:

Hello! I have arrived! Not too early and not too late! I guess that makes me perfectly average which is what many of my teachers called me back in the day.

Vote Thyrllan

For being "perfectly average"...

View PostThyrllan, on 11 May 2020 - 11:12 PM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 11 May 2020 - 11:04 PM, said:

View PostThyrllan, on 11 May 2020 - 10:27 PM, said:

Hello! I have arrived! Not too early and not too late! I guess that makes me perfectly average which is what many of my teachers called me back in the day.

Vote Thyrllan

For being "perfectly average"...

Perfectly acceptable!

I find this interaction coupled with Shel's jumping around interesting. Could just be early game word play.

#85 User is offline   Thyrllan 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 04:46 PM

Man, I think I understand why Mafia has been slowly dying. It's just hard to keep up with it these days. So busy.

Anyway, we have a day or so left.

#86 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 04:47 PM

View PostSkintick, on 12 May 2020 - 12:43 AM, said:

View PostThyrllan, on 11 May 2020 - 11:47 PM, said:

Prazec looks like he's really getting it on with that rock. Sheltatha looks like he's hiding something naughty under his rock.

Shelly is a girl. You, sir/ma'am/warren-thing are an imposter!

Vote Thyrllan

Then Skin jumps on the Thryllan train with another "joke" vote.

#87 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 04:48 PM

View PostThyrllan, on 12 May 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

Man, I think I understand why Mafia has been slowly dying. It's just hard to keep up with it these days. So busy.

Anyway, we have a day or so left.

I agree Adulting sucks

#88 User is offline   Thyrllan 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 04:50 PM

View PostPrazec Goul, on 12 May 2020 - 04:13 PM, said:

Has everyone posted now?

Looks like the only person we're missing is Venesara.

#89 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 05:20 PM

And Okaros.

#90 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 05:22 PM

Are you saying hi to all your friends out there Shel?

#91 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 12 May 2020 - 05:32 PM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 12 May 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

View PostKalse, on 12 May 2020 - 01:26 PM, said:

You're included in my statement :p

Am I meant to care?

There's an irony to be appreciated

#92 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 06:20 PM

Is middle of Day 1 to early for batshit signalling theories? Because I have one.

Let's look at Skintick. In their interaction with Prazec, they say in all caps they are EXTREMELY trustworthy. Why the caps?

View PostSkintick, on 11 May 2020 - 10:12 PM, said:

View PostPrazec Goul, on 11 May 2020 - 09:48 PM, said:

View PostSkintick, on 11 May 2020 - 09:41 PM, said:

View PostPrazec Goul, on 11 May 2020 - 09:15 PM, said:

View PostJalan, on 11 May 2020 - 08:53 PM, said:

View PostHanas, on 11 May 2020 - 08:49 PM, said:

View PostTennes, on 11 May 2020 - 08:44 PM, said:

21 people, holy shit. I think that's the biggest game I've been in. We should have global lockdowns more often.

Can we at least have a few weeks where those of us with kids can offload them on other people again?

I must agree. Them not being able to do anything is probably the worst part of all of this

We should start them on mafia!

I thought you were supposed to instill into your children that lying is really, really bad first, and only teach them that it's okay under certain circumstances after they've internalized the former?

You mean that I can't trust you to tell the truth when you're playing mafia?

I am EXTREMELY trustworthy (my upbringings were painfully strict). Can't vouch for the other's though.

Then they name drop Prazec and Shelthata:

View PostSkintick, on 11 May 2020 - 11:28 PM, said:

Shelly and Prazec both have rock-humping avatars.

I got confused by those 2 back-to-back posts.

Then they respond to Okral and the mention of 3/4 makes me think of 4 killers mentioned in the intro.

View PostSkintick, on 12 May 2020 - 12:42 AM, said:

View PostOkral Lom, on 12 May 2020 - 12:02 AM, said:

I feel insecure about my avatar. No rocks. No epic sky or landscape. Just a generic brown bear in a generic forest.

You think you've got self-esteem issues? I'm a sexually frustrated salamander stuck 3/4 through jumping a tree branch.

And in the game.

On top of that, Skintick is kinda chill and joking around with people but the moment Aranatha humorously questions their vote, they immediately respond with a serious explanation.

Skin is giving massive sympish vibes but then a symp case on Day 1 is always a massive reach. Thoughts?

Anyway,

remove vote.

#93 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 06:40 PM

sorry, all, My VPN tunnel to the work PC keeps dropping, so I had to kill all browser windows to keep the precious Wi-Fi bandwidth flowing.

As usual, if someone's making a symp case, the logical conclusion should be, who is that person trying to symp. I never get tired of having to repeat that.

#94 User is offline   Thyrllan 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 07:01 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 11 May 2020 - 08:36 PM, said:

Here it is ladies and gentlemen. The first game of 2020. I hope the first of many more. Please enjoy.

It is day one: 48 hours remaining.

21 players alive. Aranatha, Barghast, Fanderay, Gait, Gamelon, Hanas, Jalan, Kalse, Kilava, Merrid, Okaros, Okral Lom, Osseric, Prazec Goul, Rikkter, Ruse, Sheltatha Lore, Skintick, Tennes, Thyr, Venesara.

Votes;

Players not voted; Aranatha, Barghast, Fanderay, Gait, Gamelon, Hanas, Jalan, Kalse, Kilava, Merrid, Okaros, Okral Lom, Osseric, Prazec Goul, Rikkter, Ruse, Sheltatha Lore, Skintick, Tennes, Thyr, Venesara.

View PostPrazec Goul, on 12 May 2020 - 04:13 PM, said:

Has everyone posted now?

Looks like the only person we're missing is Venesara.

View PostTennes, on 12 May 2020 - 05:20 PM, said:

And Okaros.

Good catch. I was looking at the list of who had posted in the thread and counted EmperorMagus.

#95 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:44 PM

Whilst the killers decided where they were going to hit, the residents of many boroughs talked amongst themselves. Facebook posts, WhatsApp groups and even zoom party chats were ablaze with questions like, who could these people be? And why are they doing it?

Some people thought it conspiracy. There are no killings, it's fake news. Others show outrage that people would break lockdown. No thoughts for the dead but more for the living. The day ticked on.

It is day one. 24 hours remaining.

21 people left alive.

2 votes Thyrllan; Sheltatha Lore, Skintick
1 vote Gait; Kalse
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#96 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:48 PM

View PostSkintick, on 12 May 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

sorry, all, My VPN tunnel to the work PC keeps dropping, so I had to kill all browser windows to keep the precious Wi-Fi bandwidth flowing.

As usual, if someone's making a symp case, the logical conclusion should be, who is that person trying to symp. I never get tired of having to repeat that.

Prazec, Shelthata, Okral.

#97 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:26 PM

View PostTennes, on 12 May 2020 - 09:48 PM, said:

View PostSkintick, on 12 May 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

Prazec, Shelthata, Okral.

Ok. So you think Skintick is a symp, and that he is symping one of us. But he even says to not lynch the symp, lynch the one he’s symping.

What shitty symp would tell you to lynch his killer?

I’ve had a couple drinks and probably should go to bed, but I’m not getting this logic.

#98 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:40 PM

I'm not saying they're symping one of you. I'm saying they're signalling to the three of you, ergo symping all three*. And Skin's vote is on Thyr, so how is that lynching their killer?

* I know, I know. Usually not a fan of signalling cases myself. This one kinda struck me though. I remember yesterday noticing the 'EXTREMELY trustworthy' bit. Today the '3/4' thing stood out to me but there's a lot of alts so I didn't actually clock that this was from the same person until I re-read the thread this evening. When I realized that I was like HUH maybe there's something there.

#99 User is offline   Okral Lom 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:26 PM

View PostTennes, on 12 May 2020 - 10:40 PM, said:

I'm not saying they're symping one of you. I'm saying they're signalling to the three of you, ergo symping all three*. And Skin's vote is on Thyr, so how is that lynching their killer?

* I know, I know. Usually not a fan of signalling cases myself. This one kinda struck me though. I remember yesterday noticing the 'EXTREMELY trustworthy' bit. Today the '3/4' thing stood out to me but there's a lot of alts so I didn't actually clock that this was from the same person until I re-read the thread this evening. When I realized that I was like HUH maybe there's something there.

There's not really much to make a case on at this point, so all theories are welcome at this point to get the game going. Just to clarify, are you thinking that Skintick said "3/4" in order to signal to killers that he's a symp? I can buy that part, but I'm not sure about the name dropping part. Seems like a crappy symp that would start listing the killers day one. UNLESS, the name dropping part was an accident, and the 3/4 part was code (now I'm grasping at straws with you). I do have Sheltatha and Skintick noted down as possible symps since it seems like they're trying to spread chaos and get us headed in the wrong direction, but it almost seems TOO obvious at this point. Hard to tell the difference between a roled player and an eager beaver who just wants to get the game going.

Of course, you and I are in trouble now. I've posted after you mentioned my name, which makes me seem like I'm defending myself (I need to go afk for about 5 hours, and this game is far too quiet. Someone needs to post!). You, on the other hand, are likely to be accused of grasping at straws to turn the vote from Thyr (making you a potential symp or killer).

Alas, this is the curse of early Mafia posting. The smart ones are staying quiet. Just so you quiet people know, your silence is also suspicious!

#100 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:30 PM

View PostTennes, on 12 May 2020 - 10:40 PM, said:

*makes a signalling case*

*admits to not liking signalling cases.*

Posted Image

My thinking is this one way too brazenly silly to be scum.

Share this topic:

• 89 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users