• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 150 - Lockdown Hell

#101 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:30 PM

Honestly Tennes, if you're not scum, then my vibe scanner is so off, I might aswell go and live in a shoe box and never play mafia again. Although I'm not tiny enough for a shoe box. Hmm.
As soon as anyone start making up ridiculous claims after barely one day, over analyzing word choices claiming symp, I get major scum vibes. Actually my radar is going off like crazy right now. Beep Beep BEEP.

First you vote Skintick for absolutely no reason, then take the vote away for even less. Trying to seem like town so much, you might aswell have a giant 'scum' sign above your head. Just saying.

I guess you could be poking for the sake of poking, and as such randomness can work sometimes, but I'm not really convinced that's your motive. I can SMELL you. Huh.

ALSO can we PLEASE have some normal vote counting - the current vote counting is confusing as fuck. Also I don't want to have to keep counting how many votes are necessary - would Path-fucker please give an update with that. Pfff.

Back to Tennes the scum scummery scum. Did you really hover over Skintick like a giant hovercrafting hovercraft sent to hover, and didn't think nobody would notice? Care to explain yourself hover-over-er?

#102 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:31 PM

Oh I almost forgot.

Vote Tennes

#103 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:46 PM

View PostAranatha, on 12 May 2020 - 11:30 PM, said:

First you vote Skintick for absolutely no reason, then take the vote away for even less. Trying to seem like town so much, you might aswell have a giant 'scum' sign above your head. Just saying.

I mean, if you think I'm scum that's your business but that's an easily verifiable lie. Like, you can literally just go one page back to confirm this.
I gave a reason why I voted for Skintick. They went from chill and funny to seriously explaining shit after a super obvious joke directed at them. It looked (and still looks) defensive.
I also gave a reason why I removed the vote. After rereading the thread, they gave me symp vibes. Who votes for a symp lol.

Any case based on signalling is obviously a reach and I'm not gonna pretend this is any different. But the combination of Skintick's posts struck me as suspicious so I'm bringing that to the thread. If you believe discussing theories is scummy then you do you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#104 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:46 PM

Honestly Tennes, if you're not scum, then my vibe scanner is so off, I might aswell go and live in a shoe box and never play mafia again. Although I'm not tiny enough for a shoe box. Hmm.
As soon as anyone start making up ridiculous claims after barely one day, over analyzing word choices claiming symp, I get major scum vibes. Actually my radar is going off like crazy right now. Beep Beep BEEP.

I guess you could be poking for the sake of poking, and as such randomness can work sometimes, but I'm not really convinced that's your motive. I can SMELL you. Huh.

ALSO can we PLEASE have some normal vote counting - the current vote counting is confusing as fuck. Also I don't want to have to keep counting how many votes are necessary - would Path-fucker please give an update with that. Pfff.

Back to Tennes the scum scummery scum. Did you really hover over Skintick like a giant hovercrafting hovercraft sent to hover, and didn't think nobody would notice? Care to explain yourself hover-over-er?

hmmm...this is interesting.

I don't think what Tennes has said/done really warrants this level of backlash.
I can understand a mild amount of scrutiny (as I have myself indicated)... But you seem to really be going at him quite hard.

So the question for me os...Are you a symp jumping to someone he has scrutinised's rescue by deflecting onto him?...or simply the village idiot jumping the gun with his "vibe scanner"?

Either way...food for thought.

#105 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:51 PM

I'm off for the night but will be around most of the day tomorrow. Don't have a very strong read other than the symp/signalling case. I'd probably be leaning Prazec or Shel but not keen to cast a vote yet because we have 7 or 8 people with zero or one post. That's one third of the players. So would be good to have more material.

#106 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:57 PM

View PostTennes, on 12 May 2020 - 11:46 PM, said:

I mean, if you think I'm scum that's your business but that's an easily verifiable lie. Like, you can literally just go one page back to confirm this.I gave a reason why I voted for Skintick. They went from chill and funny to seriously explaining shit after a super obvious joke directed at them. It looked (and still looks) defensive.I also gave a reason why I removed the vote. After rereading the thread, they gave me symp vibes. Who votes for a symp lol.Any case based on signalling is obviously a reach and I'm not gonna pretend this is any different. But the combination of Skintick's posts struck me as suspicious so I'm bringing that to the thread. If you believe discussing theories is scummy then you do you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But what exactly was so scummy? I would like you to explain - not just say bullshit stuff like 'go back one page' because that doesn't help me at all.

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 12 May 2020 - 11:46 PM, said:

Honestly Tennes, if you're not scum, then my vibe scanner is so off, I might aswell go and live in a shoe box and never play mafia again. Although I'm not tiny enough for a shoe box. Hmm. As soon as anyone start making up ridiculous claims after barely one day, over analyzing word choices claiming symp, I get major scum vibes. Actually my radar is going off like crazy right now. Beep Beep BEEP.First you vote Skintick for absolutely no reason, then take the vote away for even less. Trying to seem like town so much, you might aswell have a giant 'scum' sign above your head. Just saying. I guess you could be poking for the sake of poking, and as such randomness can work sometimes, but I'm not really convinced that's your motive. I can SMELL you. Huh. ALSO can we PLEASE have some normal vote counting - the current vote counting is confusing as fuck. Also I don't want to have to keep counting how many votes are necessary - would Path-fucker please give an update with that. Pfff. Back to Tennes the scum scummery scum. Did you really hover over Skintick like a giant hovercrafting hovercraft sent to hover, and didn't think nobody would notice? Care to explain yourself hover-over-er?
hmmm...this is interesting.I don't think what Tennes has said/done really warrants this level of backlash. I can understand a mild amount of scrutiny (as I have myself indicated)... But you seem to really be going at him quite hard.So the question for me os...Are you a symp jumping to someone he has scrutinised's rescue by deflecting onto him?...or simply the village idiot jumping the gun with his "vibe scanner"?Either way...food for thought.

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but I honestly don't think so. Just put yourself in the shoes of a scum playing. It's possible he would act the way Tennes has - the problem with scum posting is that you either get this feeling they don't really care about who gets the vote, unless you accidentally hit a scum friend of theirs - either way it's hard to tell which is which, especially this early in the game. I'm just watching the way people post and trying to read between the lines, just as you.
There's just something about how Tennes writes his post that comes off scummy to me. As scum it's easy to get caught up in the 'playing it normal', especially if you're excited to play but still don't want to stand out. You can fall in a trap of doing just that, because what you're posting isn't authentic. Tennes posts doesn't seem authentic to me.
If you have a better idea who could be scum this early in the game, I'm all ears.

#107 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:03 AM

View PostTennes, on 12 May 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

Don't have a very strong read other than the symp/signalling case. I'd probably be leaning Prazec or Shel but not keen to cast a vote yet because we have 7 or 8 people with zero or one post. That's one third of the players. So would be good to have more material.

Wow really stating the obvious, are we? Sheesh.

#108 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:10 AM

View PostPrazec Goul, on 12 May 2020 - 10:26 PM, said:

View PostTennes, on 12 May 2020 - 09:48 PM, said:

View PostSkintick, on 12 May 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

sorry, all, My VPN tunnel to the work PC keeps dropping, so I had to kill all browser windows to keep the precious Wi-Fi bandwidth flowing.

As usual, if someone's making a symp case, the logical conclusion should be, who is that person trying to symp. I never get tired of having to repeat that.

Prazec, Shelthata, Okral.

Ok. So you think Skintick is a symp, and that he is symping one of us. But he even says to not lynch the symp, lynch the one he’s symping.

What shitty symp would tell you to lynch his killer?

I’ve had a couple drinks and probably should go to bed, but I’m not getting this logic.

I would. All the time. Sometimes even actually on purpose. So I wouldn’t dismiss it wholesale just because of that.

It’s late here, but I’ll be around the whole day tomorrow. Suffice to say I think the net of suspicion and accusation over the last few posts has been cast wide enough now to catch at least one scum, though probably more through random chance than skilful detective work and good gut instinct.

#109 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:16 AM

View PostAranatha, on 12 May 2020 - 11:57 PM, said:

Honestly Tennes, if you're not scum, then my vibe scanner is so off, I might aswell go and live in a shoe box and never play mafia again. Although I'm not tiny enough for a shoe box. Hmm. As soon as anyone start making up ridiculous claims after barely one day, over analyzing word choices claiming symp, I get major scum vibes. Actually my radar is going off like crazy right now. Beep Beep BEEP.First you vote Skintick for absolutely no reason, then take the vote away for even less. Trying to seem like town so much, you might aswell have a giant 'scum' sign above your head. Just saying. I guess you could be poking for the sake of poking, and as such randomness can work sometimes, but I'm not really convinced that's your motive. I can SMELL you. Huh. ALSO can we PLEASE have some normal vote counting - the current vote counting is confusing as fuck. Also I don't want to have to keep counting how many votes are necessary - would Path-fucker please give an update with that. Pfff. Back to Tennes the scum scummery scum. Did you really hover over Skintick like a giant hovercrafting hovercraft sent to hover, and didn't think nobody would notice? Care to explain yourself hover-over-er?
hmmm...this is interesting.I don't think what Tennes has said/done really warrants this level of backlash. I can understand a mild amount of scrutiny (as I have myself indicated)... But you seem to really be going at him quite hard. So the question for me os...Are you a symp jumping to someone he has scrutinised's rescue by deflecting onto him?...or simply the village idiot jumping the gun with his "vibe scanner"?Either way...food for thought.

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but I honestly don't think so. Just put yourself in the shoes of a scum playing. It's possible he would act the way Tennes has - the problem with scum posting is that you either get this feeling they don't really care about who gets the vote, unless you accidentally hit a scum friend of theirs - either way it's hard to tell which is which, especially this early in the game. I'm just watching the way people post and trying to read between the lines, just as you.
There's just something about how Tennes writes his post that comes off scummy to me. As scum it's easy to get caught up in the 'playing it normal', especially if you're excited to play but still don't want to stand out. You can fall in a trap of doing just that, because what you're posting isn't authentic. Tennes posts doesn't seem authentic to me.
If you have a better idea who could be scum this early in the game, I'm all ears.

The thing that makes me raise my eyebrows is your level of certainty. Which is odd to me.
you cannot be so sure at this point, so your accusations seem a bit off.

your temerity of his convictions is noteworthy.

My thinking is either you are throwing accusations purposely to deflect something Tennes might have gotten right (be it accidentally or luckily).
Or.. you are maybe a bit of an over eager village idiot.

It's worth looking at.

Posted Image

EDIT - just went and fixed the quotes...every time I reread it confuses me cause the quotes are so befuddled. Also others have quoted this post instead of the one below (wich is the original "fixed version" of this post.)
Meaning they are also being mislead.

This post has been edited by Sheltatha Lore: 20 May 2020 - 10:15 AM

#110 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:17 AM

hmmm...this is interesting.I don't think what Tennes has said/done really warrants this level of backlash. I can understand a mild amount of scrutiny (as I have myself indicated)... But you seem to really be going at him quite hard. So the question for me os...Are you a symp jumping to someone he has scrutinised's rescue by deflecting onto him?...or simply the village idiot jumping the gun with his "vibe scanner"?Either way...food for thought.

The thing that makes me raise my eyebrows is your level of certainty. Which is odd to me.

My thinking is either you are throwing accusations purposely to deflect something Tennes might have gotten right (be it accidentally or luckily).

It's worth looking at.

Posted Image

#111 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:26 AM

close my eyes to get away from the screen for a few minutes.

Next thing I see it's (late) evening.

Gonna go eat something, then re-read and see whose arguments I like the least.

#112 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:28 AM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 13 May 2020 - 12:17 AM, said:

It's worth looking at.

Posted Image

I can't know for sure that I'm right, as I said before and you purposefully ignored above. But I think my reasoning is pretty solid actually.
Why would you be against looking at Tennes? And as I said, if someone has something better, be my guest and point to it. Tennes can also do as I asked and try to explain why he jumped on Skintick for no reason. Instead he pointed back to his own posts, which is pointless. For the record, I have no reason to deflect anything - Tennes just seems scummy to me, that's it.

#113 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:43 AM

View PostAranatha, on 13 May 2020 - 12:28 AM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 13 May 2020 - 12:17 AM, said:

It's worth looking at.

Posted Image

I can't know for sure that I'm right, as I said before and you purposefully ignored above. But I think my reasoning is pretty solid actually.
Why would you be against looking at Tennes? And as I said, if someone has something better, be my guest and point to it. Tennes can also do as I asked and try to explain why he jumped on Skintick for no reason. Instead he pointed back to his own posts, which is pointless. For the record, I have no reason to deflect anything - Tennes just seems scummy to me, that's it.

my entire point is based on the very fact that you "can't know for sure you're right" so I dunno how you can think I ignored it.?

And I'm not against voting Tennes where did I day that?... you are just strawmannirg that idea (yes motherfucker STRAW-MANNING, I said it, cause its true)
My focus was simply at how your unfounded certainly was so much of a sore thumb and seemed a bit fake as fuck.

deflection attempt? or idiocy? time will tell.

#114 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:48 AM

Aranatha is 0 to 60 on this case (blocks of text, tl/dr style). I think the theory of a dumb as shit symp is worth a peek, but right now, Okral caught my eye the most. I never like it when players break the 4th wall and discount their own suspicious behavior in advance in an attempt to forestall suspicion. It is a self awareness that provides an anchor to the claim that they were just being helpful, sorry to seem scummy, nothing to see here. A few other players did this "durr sorry I am scummy" today, but right now, Okral stood out in the context of everything becoming srs biz.

Vote Okral

#115 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:50 AM

View PostSkintick, on 13 May 2020 - 12:26 AM, said:

remove vote

vote Skintick

Im thinking Tennes mentioned your name and your symp Arantha came out swinging to your defence via deflecting.

how you like them apples?

#116 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:54 AM

View PostRikkter, on 13 May 2020 - 12:48 AM, said:

Aranatha is 0 to 60 on this case (blocks of text, tl/dr style). I think the theory of a dumb as shit symp is worth a peek, but right now, Okral caught my eye the most. I never like it when players break the 4th wall and discount their own suspicious behavior in advance in an attempt to forestall suspicion. It is a self awareness that provides an anchor to the claim that they were just being helpful, sorry to seem scummy, nothing to see here. A few other players did this "durr sorry I am scummy" today, but right now, Okral stood out in the context of everything becoming srs biz.

Vote Okral

quote the post or people are gonna ignore/miss it...this motherfucker is gonna be a bitch to follow even if people quote the posts they referring to never mind if they don't.

#117 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 13 May 2020 - 01:19 AM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 13 May 2020 - 12:50 AM, said:

Gonna go read the thread now and see.

if you think Ara's my symp, then at least that's a vote that makes sense.

remove vote

vote Skintick

Im thinking Tennes mentioned your name and your symp Arantha came out swinging to your defence via deflecting.

#118 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 13 May 2020 - 01:21 AM

:up:

weird laptop and touchpad typing shenanigans

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 13 May 2020 - 12:50 AM, said:

remove vote

vote Skintick

if you think Ara's my symp, then at least that's a vote that makes sense

#119 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 13 May 2020 - 01:28 AM

LOL I'm the symp now? That's hilarious. I actually think Tennes might be Skintick's symp, just might. Or Tennes is trying to take away the heat from some other vote by randomly choosing someone to target, then safely removing the vote.
I'm considering Skintick also - especially after the loud noises Tennes has made. Other than that Sheltatha Lore is behaving suspicious aswell, since he so easily is dismissing what I'm saying by strawmanning and then denying it.

#120 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 13 May 2020 - 01:38 AM

That being, said, if Ara's my symp, yet he made a case on Tennes after Tennes already moed on from me, that's.... not smart?

anyhow, of everyone that's posted anything of substance so far, Okral's pre-emptive "well, of course now I'm in trouble because of what people will think of us posting in concert" post is the most tryhard and weird thing.

remove vote

vote Okral Lom

Share this topic:

• 89 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users