• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quon Tali Map

#1 User is offline   joshuabbutler 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:44 PM

Hi All,

It has been a while since I posted any new work. I just finished a version of the Quon Tali and Falari Isles map. I wanted it to stand as a greyscale version. But, I will add some color in the future.

You can see I took some artistic-license with the rivers on the midde-western part of the map. I also took some more liberties with some geography throughout as I saw other maps.

Can anyone help with tips to flush out the Dal Hon plains and the Falari Isles. I just finished reading Return of the Crimson Guard and I hear that Stonewielder might have some tips, but I'm not ready to read it just yet.

Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Attached File  quon-tali-malazan-grey-lite.jpg (882.32K)
Number of downloads: 1

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 27 April 2020 - 03:00 PM

Pretty!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 27 April 2020 - 09:41 PM

Amazing Posted Image

The symbols of the major cities could be bigger, to make them more prominent. Also I think Itko Kan refers to the capital of the region with the same name, in HoC called Kan, and should be a major city, as well as maybe Kartool.

I'm not sure if Malaz can really be counted as a mayor city as it is more of a minor port for the empire, aside from the historical importance and the deadhouse.

I currently can't remember extra details about the Dal Hon plains or Falar, but if I can find the time I will have a look in the books :)

#4 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 27 April 2020 - 10:05 PM

Nice.

But ... "CULLLIS"?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 28 April 2020 - 12:31 AM

Is the Death Star in the upper left hand corner getting ready to blow up Wuworld?
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#6 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 April 2020 - 07:42 AM

Don't know why they would use such obsolete oversized tech. These days a Death Star Super Laser can be fitted to a slightly bigger Star Destroyer apparently ... :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#7 User is offline   joshuabbutler 

• Sergeant

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:24 AM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 27 April 2020 - 09:41 PM, said:

Amazing Posted Image

The symbols of the major cities could be bigger, to make them more prominent. Also I think Itko Kan refers to the capital of the region with the same name, in HoC called Kan, and should be a major city, as well as maybe Kartool.

I'm not sure if Malaz can really be counted as a mayor city as it is more of a minor port for the empire, aside from the historical importance and the deadhouse.

I currently can't remember extra details about the Dal Hon plains or Falar, but if I can find the time I will have a look in the books :)

Cool thanks Coltaine. That is helpful about Kan. Also had Kartool as a major city. True, I need to mak the capital cities bigger. Wish I knew about smaller villages to sprinkle around the map. With Itko Kan, I was thinking about Apsalar's original fishing village. I wonder who close that was to Kan.

I wanted to read another book, but maybe I just need to read Stonewielder to learn about the Falari Isles.

#8 User is offline   joshuabbutler 

• Sergeant

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:24 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 27 April 2020 - 10:05 PM, said:

Nice.

But ... "CULLLIS"?

Good notice. I have a stuck L key so sometimes I hit it too hard.

#9 User is offline   joshuabbutler 

• Sergeant

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:16 PM

Here are some updates.... Does anyone participate on Malazan facebook groups?

Attached File  quon-tali-malazan-grey-lite-v2.jpg (1.1MB)
Number of downloads: 1

#10 User is offline   The Shack 

• Recruit

Posted 11 November 2020 - 08:07 AM

Amazing work. What have you used to recreate those maps? Why did you asked about the facebook group? I participate.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users