Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Letter for the King The Letter for the King Netflix series

#1 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 April 2020 - 01:35 PM

I watched an episode of this and so far it COULD be decent.

Spoiler

And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#2 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 April 2020 - 01:39 PM

I very much didn't like it. It's BEYOND YA, and is trying to be compelling with a bunch of nothing fantasy beats that don't really impress. I had other issues with it, namely that the bad guy clearly went to the Kylo Ren school of petulant a-hole.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 02 April 2020 - 01:53 PM

It IS a bit simple. It reminds me of the Dragonlance novels. They were great when I was a young teen. Its still somehow entertaining me so far.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#4 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:02 PM

The scene of the monastery in the lightning was beuatiful though, and the speech given by the monk was good.

- Maynard James Keenan

#5 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:42 PM

Brujah, on 02 April 2020 - 01:53 PM, said:

It IS a bit simple. It reminds me of the Dragonlance novels. They were great when I was a young teen. Its still somehow entertaining me so far.

To be fair, it is based on a Dutch children's book from 1962. So don't expect GoT levels of intrigue and sex.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#6 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:29 AM

Gorefest, on 02 April 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

To be fair, it is based on a Dutch children's book from 1962. So don't expect GoT levels of intrigue and sex.

It is a thoroughly fucked up version of the children's book, with magic elements grafted on for zero reason at all.
I went back and re-read the book(s, there's 2 and the second one is superior to the first in all respects), and the changes made are both very silly and rather puzzling.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#7 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 April 2020 - 12:01 PM

Tapper, on 07 April 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

Gorefest, on 02 April 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

It is a thoroughly fucked up version of the children's book, with magic elements grafted on for zero reason at all.

I read this fact after I watched it, and it really does feel tacked onto a story that doesn't require it. I wonder why they added it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users